Glasgow #1 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Late to the party. Love the nod to The Saints Are Comming. :up: Well done Martijn! Thanks for keeping track.

Great show!

Feedback from the Mrs after her first I&E show (and she can be very critical!!) was that she was amazed with how strong Bono sounded, and what struck her most was how relaxed and happy they look. Totally agree with her, they look like they are loving it at the moment.

Highlight for me was Pride. I thought I'd heard enough of that song but it brings such joy to the room and is being played really well. Unfortunately, Sweetest Thing is a waste of a space!

And I get to do it all again tonight ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Where to stand

Great hear the Mrs enjoyed !! From what you could see .... Best place to stand ???!

Great hear the Mrs enjoyed !! From what you could see .... Best place to stand ???!

Best place to stand? Keep moving

Up to Iris concentrate on main stage.
Then mid floor and stand back
During break inch towards e stage
After October back to mid floor/main stage

But each to their own I guess

5th time seeing the band last night and it was probably the best I've heard them sound. New material sounded strong, Electric Co. and Bullet are huge and UTEOTW is probably the greatest live song I've ever heard. Crowd was excellent aswell (including one very enthusiastic steward) and you could see the band were lifted by it - great night.

Sweetest Thing is a terrible choice though, the arrangement is lazy and it doesnt even go over that well. Considering some of the other songs that have occupied that slot (Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, Love Comes to Town) I can't see why the band are so enamoured with it.

I don't think the encore works all that well either - the songs individually sound great but as a collective it doesn't hit the heights of Ultraviolet/Hold Me Thrill Me from 360.

Can't wait to do it all again tonight!

So apparently Bono was singing (live vocals) during The Fly intermission at last night's show. You be the judge. :hmm:

5th time seeing the band last night and it was probably the best I've heard them sound. New material sounded strong, Electric Co. and Bullet are huge and UTEOTW is probably the greatest live song I've ever heard. Crowd was excellent aswell (including one very enthusiastic steward) and you could see the band were lifted by it - great night.

Sweetest Thing is a terrible choice though, the arrangement is lazy and it doesnt even go over that well. Considering some of the other songs that have occupied that slot (Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, Love Comes to Town) I can't see why the band are so enamoured with it.

I don't think the encore works all that well either - the songs individually sound great but as a collective it doesn't hit the heights of Ultraviolet/Hold Me Thrill Me from 360.

Can't wait to do it all again tonight!

I think they're going for a "wow Bono can play piano!" Moment, since he can't play guitar.

They seem pretty set on it, I'd expect it to be in the Paris broadcast (or desire/AOH)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

So apparently Bono was singing (live vocals) during The Fly intermission at last night's show. You be the judge. :hmm:

I did think there was something different sounding about The Fly yesterday but couldn't put my finger on it, so this makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom