Dublin #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad, eh? 40 next, I'm sure.

I wonder what they'll close with tomorrow night then. HMMMMM?

Its a Jacque Brel song the first part of which goes [in French and then translated into English]

Ne me quitte pas.
Il faut oublier,
Tout peut s’oublier,
Qui s’enfuit déjà.
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
À savoir comment.
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
À coups de pourquoi
Le cœur du bonheur.
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas.

Don't leave me
We must forget
All can be forgotten
Which is already fleeing away
To forget the times
Of misunderstanding
And the lost times
To know how
To forget those hours
Which sometimes killed
With blows of "Why?"
The heart of happiness
Don't leave me (4x)

See Ne Me Quitte Pas lyrics + English translation (Version #10) where I found the translation and for the whole song.

Thank you x

Its a Jacque Brel song the first part of which goes [in French and then translated into English]

Ne me quitte pas.
Il faut oublier,
Tout peut s’oublier,
Qui s’enfuit déjà.
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
À savoir comment.
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
À coups de pourquoi
Le cœur du bonheur.
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas,
Ne me quitte pas.

Don't leave me
We must forget
All can be forgotten
Which is already fleeing away
To forget the times
Of misunderstanding
And the lost times
To know how
To forget those hours
Which sometimes killed
With blows of "Why?"
The heart of happiness
Don't leave me (4x)

See Ne Me Quitte Pas lyrics + English translation (Version #10) where I found the translation and for the whole song.

Thank you so much for taking time to do that!! It's beautiful.:hug::wave:

This is a sublime rendition of Bad listening to the mixlr. Great audience participation.

3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - November 27, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing / Break on Through (To the Other Side) [snippet]
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - New Year's Day
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
18 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
19 - Zooropa
20 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
21 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
22 - With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
23 - City of Blinding Lights / Ne me quitte pas (snippet)
24 - Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
25 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad
26 - One

And that's it.

3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - November 27, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing / Break on Through (To the Other Side) [snippet]
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - New Year's Day
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
18 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
19 - Zooropa
20 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
21 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
22 - With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
23 - City of Blinding Lights / Ne me quitte pas (snippet)
24 - Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
25 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / Into the Mystic (snippet)
26 - One / Invisible (snippet)

Karaoke One is kind of annoying, but you can guarantee they will use the version from Paris 2 where the guy rushed the stage.

I am fairly sure that the broadcast will use Paris 2 as a base, and over the next 2 shows they will replace songs from that list if they get better performances (and rely a lot on the speeching between songs about the attacks etc.)

12301300_1123613150984964_976681714_n.jpg

so apparently this happened :lol:

Conan did a hilarious bit about "TAYTO" a few years ago :D

Karaoke One is kind of annoying, but you can guarantee they will use the version from Paris 2 where the guy rushed the stage.

I am fairly sure that the broadcast will use Paris 2 as a base, and over the next 2 shows they will replace songs from that list if they get better performances (and rely a lot on the speeching between songs about the attacks etc.)

...why on earth would they do that?

Played by Eddie Vedder solo, he plays it for about a minute before the band launch into MFC. Must've just been on his mind. It's the second time he's done that, the first being in 2006.

It's only listed on Pearl jam's site as been played twice... Australia and Columbia... But they 100% played it a third time, in Toronto the night Bono joined them on stage for Rocking In The Free World.

It was the intro to Elderly Woman.

Eddie's also snippeted Bad and 40 in the past so I think it's safe to say Unforgettable Fire is his favorite U2 album.

Last edited:
Just came back from Dublin #3 and I have to say , of the three of them (Amsterdam I and IV and this one) this one was the best..atmosphere was amazing, songselection was great and the band seemed to have a great time.. Hightlights for me were bullet (which sounds fantastic and revived again) , raised by wolves, the lovely Canadian girl that got on the E stage and pumped up the crowd,the first 4 songs which rock and the surprise of nYD and bad..I keep saying that the combo of acoustic sbs and sfs is the low part of the show..never realy get into this version of EBTTRT but other than that..amazing show, clear sound, a great theme and a roaring crowd made this an amazing night

Last edited:

The whole idea of the show is to broadcast the show of that day. Otherwise there's no point to airing it the day of the show. The Paris 2 (and presumably whatever they film at Paris 3) footage is the backup, not the Paris 4 footage. Most of the broadcast will be Paris 4 footage. I'm inclined to believe they'll use Paris 3 footage over Paris 2 since the band is going to playing in Super Bowl mode. It's gonna be one for the ages and they'll want to use as much of it as possible.

Back
Top Bottom