Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remain adamant that EBTTRT and MW should rotate, both to free up a slot and add a rotation. Then we could have four rotational slots in a row rather than two static slots and just two rotations.

The sets I put forward a few posts back show how variable the show could be with some small tweaks.

The sets I put forward a few posts back show how variable the show could be with some small tweaks.

Yeah I liked that. :up:

Think I posted something similar a while ago too. The failure to even always do 24-25 a night, let alone push on to 26-28, is disappointing.

Obviously I agree with you in broad terms about Volcano, and it only really fills the rocker role in the sense that it's a new song so has a better-than-usual chance of knocking out a standard, but I don't agree re: Elevation at all. That song is massive, one of U2's best known songs of the past twenty years, and gets a reaction on the level of Vertigo. They could easily rotate the two.

Drop Vertigo and replace it with Elevation even ona rotatinal basis and it would REALLY suck and it would only take one show to realize this. Elevation isn't on the same level and doesn't get the same reaction in my opinion. When Elevation starts it's like "oh cool Elevation". When Vertigo starts it's like "Fuck yeah here we go!"

Agree to disagree I guess.

As for Volcano it's a perfect fit to follow Vertigo in the set.

Drop Vertigo and replace it with Elevation even ona rotatinal basis and it would REALLY suck and it would only take one show to realize this. Elevation isn't on the same level and doesn't get the same reaction in my opinion. When Elevation starts it's like "oh cool Elevation". When Vertigo starts it's like "Fuck yeah here we go!"

What? Are you blind and deaf?

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways

Vertigo and Elevation are a wash to me. I've seen them both live on this tour, reaction was roughly equivalent.

Sexy Boots in place of Vertigo would be a more lopsided trade.

I thought about going to this show, since it's the closest one to me so far. Still far away, though. They'd better not do anything *too* awesome. :wink:

Agree to disagree I guess.

As for Volcano it's a perfect fit to follow Vertigo in the set.

:up: Vertigo is a monster live and light years ahead of Elevation, there's no doubt about that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As much as people don't like Volcano - it bodes well that they are playing it - it means most things are on the table to be played, especially new songs not yet played, and it also is quite a fun song - the bass riff is pretty killer

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano

Already having heard Elevation played on the E stage, it cooked. Loud, direct, no overlong crowd singalong. Loved it. Didn't sound anything like one would expect, being played on a smaller stage. They can pretty much play whatever there as long as there aren't a lot of electronic embellishments required. I wouldn't mind at all if the whole first section was early tracks and SOI.

As far as Volcano goes, that was better than their first attempt. I'm still glad we got California instead.

Back
Top Bottom