Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you have all three of Vertigo, Elevation, and Volcano, you really don't need to play all three. They fill the same role, and when you have such a massive catalogue, you can do away with one or two of them.
But this is U2, they don't realize that they don't need to play all three.

the visual for SBS is so outrageously cool and I love the irish flag thing

plus Larry gets to be out there!

Volcano/When Love Comes to Town would be a solid little pairing on the e-stage.

That would definitely be a good, high-energy combo.

If WLCTT isn't played, Denver will be first city to miss it this tour. There's something I didn't expect to say a month ago.

I have a feeling that Volcano may start rotating with MW at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves

I'm so annoyed that stupid breathing sound has survived to the live version of RBW. It's what puts me off the studio version and I was looking forward to live performances without it.

I'd want to see some more rotational slots on that section (MW with some other Achtung songs, EBTTRT with some Pop songs) and SLABT, TIWYCRMN, Volcano and California rotate through two slots after that. Push it would to 25-26 songs (come on guys!) so the ones they have been rotating can stay.

That would definitely be a good, high-energy combo.

If WLCTT isn't played, Denver will be first city to miss it this tour. There's something I didn't expect to say a month ago.

I agree, though knowing the band, we'll get Stuck or Sweetest Thing. would prefer the latter, if either.

Crystal Ballroom.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That would be a bad call. The crowd goes wild when they hear Mysterious Ways.

Songs the crowd went crazy for in LA: Mysterious Ways, Vertigo, One, Streets, With Or Without You, and the biggest crowd pleaser, Pride. (Sorry, Interference!)

I love that there are actually people cataloguing when Bono gets the rego plate number in RBW correct.

I'm pretty fucking pedantic and anal, and even I didn't think to pay much attention to that.

Once Mysterious Ways shows up in a setlist, it doesn't really leave for the rest of the tour.

I love that there are actually people cataloguing when Bono gets the rego plate number in RBW correct.

I'm pretty fucking pedantic and anal, and even I didn't think to pay much attention to that.
I don't keep track of that either.

When you have all three of Vertigo, Elevation, and Volcano, you really don't need to play all three. They fill the same role, and when you have such a massive catalogue, you can do away with one or two of them.
They need to figure it out that the very obvious thing to do is to have Volcano follow Vertigo and leave it at that. They don't need Elevation this tour. Having said all that Elevation and Volcano do not fill the same role as Vertigo. It would be awful if they dropped Vertigo and swapped it with either of those other two.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World

AIWIY had a great reaction as well.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh yeah, I was just talking the staples, I left out the ones they played once or twice. So yes, Bad, 40 and Elevation also got great reactions.

The first time they played Bad, with the slideshow, and we all kept singing the song after it was over. What a moment!

They need to figure it out that the very obvious thing to do is to have Volcano follow Vertigo and leave it at that. They don't need Elevation this tour. Having said all that Elevation and Volcano do not fill the same role as Vertigo. It would be awful if they dropped Vertigo and swapped it with either of those other two.

How do they not fill the same role? Elevation and Vertigo are practically interchangeable for the role of "dumb-but-fun high energy 2000s rocker that everybody recognises".

But yeah, Vertigo is the one that should stick around out of all three.

You are all wrong. Just have all 3. More songs in the set list, duh.

You are all wrong. Just have all 3. More songs in the set list, duh.

Given how many glaring absences there are, I think we can still have more songs in the set without adding three songs that are basically the same.

Back
Top Bottom