Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't hate Ordinary Love like everyone else but I hate when it takes up a rotational slot and is immediately followed by EBW

what an absolute snoozefest. even Sweetest Thing would've been better there.

I was just complaining about Elevation, but I'd still take it over OL any day.

Yep, me too.

OL/EBW seems to have sucked all the energy out of this. Two slow songs in a row isn't inherently bad, but this combination is flat as a fucking pancake.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky

LA still managed the strangest and least likely to be replicated E stage combos of the tour: California/Sweetest Thing and Elevation/Stuck. The first two will be scarce for the rest of the tour and the only reason the second combo happened was the show's proximity to the Roxy gig.

I wish they were always as loose with the E stage as they were here, but it looks like they're settling back into a rut again.

Is the megaphone the new umbrella?

x240-tCM.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I'm just not having a good time at this concert tonight. The band just feels flat.

Ah hello Bullet, here to rouse me from my slumber.

Thankfully they're going to play Hands to put us back in it.
This sappy America crap is a real momentum killer. Bono needs to bring back his inner Wembley '92 performance with the "America, where the f**k are you?!? United Kingdom, F**k you!!! F**k you France! F**k you Germany".
Best Bullet ever

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ah, Bullet. So this was my least favorite part of the set each night. It sounded fantastic, but Bono's big speech in the middle is SO incredibly long and feels eternal live. Especially when you're at the catwalk or the E stage and can't really see him deliver it.
Bullet was one of the best things from this set. The solo and rant were fantastic.

loved the e-stage being loose with Desire/Angel/Lovetown/Sweetest/IGC but when they play Volcano and OL there it doesn't feel loose at all

Popmart Miami/Bullet/Please/Streets is peak U2 along with the ZooTV set ending. Miami was really fucking good live, that may be an unpopular opinion but it ripped and the transition into Bullet was amazing, much better than the "oh, next song" one from SBS to Bullet late in the tour.

This sappy America crap is a real momentum killer. Bono needs to bring back his inner Wembley '92 performance with the "America, where the f**k are you?!? United Kingdom, F**k you!!! F**k you France! F**k you Germany".
Best Bullet ever

Oh man that rant is fucking epic. Definitely the best Bullet.

Where were you standing? I think that makes a difference.

I was E Stage/Catwalk and everyone around me was waiting for it to be over.

I was halfway between the two stages and it was a highlight of the night. The entire song is perfect.

Plus, it's the only thing separating me from hearing The Hands That Built America's transition into Pride. :crack:

Best Bullet ever

that's the best one easily. love the Slane 01 version too where he rips into "IRA" and all that too

I feel like he changed the speech/rant/etc up a bit tonight but eh. I still like it a lot, but it's defeated by the Hands bit.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)

loved the e-stage being loose with Desire/Angel/Lovetown/Sweetest/IGC but when they play Volcano and OL there it doesn't feel loose at all

Popmart Miami/Bullet/Please/Streets is peak U2 along with the ZooTV set ending. Miami was really fucking good live, that may be an unpopular opinion but it ripped and the transition into Bullet was amazing, much better than the "oh, next song" one from SBS to Bullet late in the tour.

:up: Miami was a monster live.

Back
Top Bottom