Denver 1 Setlist Party 6-6-15 Pepsi Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
23 songs, desire/aoh in the rotating slot, SHF to close. Not even Electric Co could save this from being the worst set list ever

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

23 songs, desire/aoh in the rotating slot, SHF to close. Not even Electric Co could save this from being the worst set list ever

Yeah I can't say this setlist is exciting on paper, apart from The Electric Co.

Conspiracy of Nope Tour... Am I right, am I right?

Tony Abbott's favourite tour.

(The Aussies here will get that joke.)

Even if Troubles isn't working live (I LOVE it on the album, but it didn't sound like it was working from the Vancouver video) they really should always have something in the slot between BD and WOWY, even if it's only Bad and AIWIY rotating. I mean, that would be pretty amazing by itself.

Yeah, I don't get why that slot between Beautiful Day and WOWY is an "only if we can be fucked" slot.

One night follow BD with Troubles/WOWY, the next night replace them with Bad/AIWIY. That'd be awesome.

For me, on paper from 1000's of miles away, the show kind of goes nowhere after the second set. It's a bit like 'let's play the big blockbusters not yet played and get out of here'. Need an epic finale like Love Is Blindness or a combo like Bad/40 to be a staple closer. I hate staples in general but an epic staple closer makes sense. This show seems to lack that.

Even if Troubles isn't working live (I LOVE it on the album, but it didn't sound like it was working from the Vancouver video) they really should always have something in the slot between BD and WOWY, even if it's only Bad and AIWIY rotating. I mean, that would be pretty amazing by itself.

I kind of feel like AIWIY->WOWY works really well

I kind of feel like AIWIY->WOWY works really well

It worked so well at LA 4 that I'm surprised it's disappeared. They gotta take that combo on the road, too good to be a one-off!

^^This :love: AIWIY is one of me and my daughter's favorite songs, and we got to hear it together, live (again). The day before this show, my daughter and some friends were hanging out in the meet and greet area, and U2.com had taken her photo and asked her favorite song. She said AIWIY, and the cameraman said a lot of people had that response too. :heart:

Except he quite clearly states it's his opinion based on paper and not being there, so we all know where he stands.

You need to give it a rest.

Maybe it will sound like a surprise but I really didn´t travel across the half of the globe from Czech republic to Western coast of USA to visit a U2 gig :)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but i didn't see it mentioned anywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-KDlAks4Y

Hard to make out, but they had a new intro for The Miracle, with synth/strings instead of just the lone piano notes.

Thought it sounded pretty cool, and made the opening chords pretty powerful. Hope they keep it!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but i didn't see it mentioned anywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-KDlAks4Y

Hard to make out, but they had a new intro for The Miracle, with synth/strings instead of just the lone piano notes.

Thought it sounded pretty cool, and made the opening chords pretty powerful. Hope they keep it!

The intro is the best moment of the song. The rest of the song is you know what. Larry´s drumming doesn´t help it either. the accented third note is weird for this kind of a song.

The intro is the best moment of the song. The rest of the song is you know what. Larry´s drumming doesn´t help it either. the accented third note is weird for this kind of a song.

There was a poster here (can't remember who unfortunately) who said something like "the miracle is a great 3 minute song rattling around inside the box of an average 4 minute song", and i really agree with that.

There are moments of pure greatness (the 'oh-oh-oh' singalong part, the drop chorus at the end, the intro/outro) but some parts kill the momentum for me, like when they go into the verse, the key-change before the chorus, and even the chorus itself.

The chorus in the live version in particular seems to deflate the song, i feel like Edge's guitar should have more power, and Adam's bass seems too 'plodding' right now. It should be the peak of the song, but doesn't really deliver.

If i had the technical know-how, i'd love to make a remix of the song. Those face-melting power chords and the rumbling tom-drums at the beginning promise such a powerful song, everything takes a nosedive once the verse starts, so i think they should feature more heavily throughout the song. And the chorus would sound better if the guitars became more aggressive, like Cedarwood road, imo. Or if Edge played a heavier, distorted version of the melody he plays for the drop chorus, that could sound cool etc.

I wouldn't ordinarily nitpick so much, but it's just frustrating for me because i feel this song is so close to being great but doesn't quite get there (of course, this is speaking as someone listening to recordings/videos, not having attended a concert for this tour).

There was a poster here (can't remember who unfortunately) who said something like "the miracle is a great 3 minute song rattling around inside the box of an average 4 minute song", and i really agree with that.

There are moments of pure greatness (the 'oh-oh-oh' singalong part, the drop chorus at the end, the intro/outro) but some parts kill the momentum for me, like when they go into the verse, the key-change before the chorus, and even the chorus itself.

The chorus in the live version in particular seems to deflate the song, i feel like Edge's guitar should have more power, and Adam's bass seems too 'plodding' right now. It should be the peak of the song, but doesn't really deliver.

If i had the technical know-how, i'd love to make a remix of the song. Those face-melting power chords and the rumbling tom-drums at the beginning promise such a powerful song, everything takes a nosedive once the verse starts, so i think they should feature more heavily throughout the song. And the chorus would sound better if the guitars became more aggressive, like Cedarwood road, imo. Or if Edge played a heavier, distorted version of the melody he plays for the drop chorus, that could sound cool etc.

I wouldn't ordinarily nitpick so much, but it's just frustrating for me because i feel this song is so close to being great but doesn't quite get there (of course, this is speaking as someone listening to recordings/videos, not having attended a concert for this tour).

great observations

Back
Top Bottom