Chicago 5 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only seen 40 snippeted. To hear it live in its entirety....that's my dream. So jealous!

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

Of course that's why it was played.

Miracle Drug is deader than a doornail. Which is fine. I like the song, but it was a really odd choice.

:yes:

Hardcore fan next to me in Phoenix turned around and said to me "well, we knew SOME of those lyrics". :lol: it caught us so off guard. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gloria, California, Bad and 40!!!!!

Best setlist so far I guess.... :up:

Just because I have to give a critic each time..... add The Electric Co right after Gloria and make it 25 songs. Then I will shut up forever :lol:

Gloria, California, Bad and 40!!!!!

Best setlist so far I guess.... :up:

Just because I have to give a critic each time..... add The Electric Co right after Gloria and make it 25 songs. Then I will shut up forever :lol:

Ha!

And Minneapolis...

Yes, Minny too :D

I guess there was a lot of Minnesota people up at the front rail for Chicago 4. One of the guys from Chicago was asking us and there was 4-5 compared to the 1-2 he asked who were from from the actual area. :lol:

You know, I really think this tour's version of Until the End of the World is my favorite. I love the screen visuals- the giant, menacing Bono teasing Edge, the way Edge tears into the final solo just as the bullet hits the light bulb, the crazy wave at the end washing over everything… so cool.

You know, I really think this tour's version of Until the End of the World is my favorite. I love the screen visuals- the giant, menacing Bono teasing Edge, the way Edge tears into the final solo just as the bullet hits the light bulb, the crazy wave at the end washing over everything… so cool.

It is outstanding. I can't say it beats ZooTV but it is a close second.

It seems a wasted opportunity, what with all the waves of regret and waves of joy + screen imagery to not try EBW straight after UTEOTW. Maybe when they feel comfortable enough to attempt a full band version again.

And wow, California. Did Bono say anything to introduce it, why it was dug back up for Chicago?

I don't know if someone answered this, or if you've watched a video of it since last night, but he said something about only having played it twice before, both times in California :lol:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

With Chicago and 22 arena shows done:

19 songs are done "nightly"(including COBL)
10/22 Electric Co.
9/22 Control/One/Found
7/22 Desire/Bad
5/22 Ordinary/Sweetest
4/22 Love Town/Elevation/Volcano/40
3/22 Troubles/Cali
2/22 Stuck/Gloria/Lucifer/All Want/M-Drug
1/22 Crystal/Gods Country

Gloria/Crystal/Cali/All Want/Troubles/Love Town should be played more.

Stuck/WOWY/Better should be played less.

I was there on the floor close to the e stage. From what I could tell, "California" seemed to go over the best of all the new songs. The crowd was into it, the energy was good, lots of people singing along. The girl who got pulled up on the stage from Mississippi really played off Bono very well during this song, and MW. California was one of the highlights. Hopefully that response from the crowd encourages them to play it more often.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's of course about electroshock therapy, but yeah, I think it's a known that Co stands for "company," yes?

Back
Top Bottom