Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last?? - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #706
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo82 View Post
Hi everyone again, thanks for your comments, glad it went over well! I was a little eh after hearing my own voice on the audio. Good for anyone who wants to voluntarily damage their hearing LOL And Shawn really made it happen because Bono asked me before the show when he was signing if I could play guitar which I can't, and something miraculous happened when Shawn told me plays guitar. I mean, really? Not in a million years should that have happened. But it did

I know I was in the midst of a lot of people's wishes on this forum and beyond, so I tried to be classy and have fun, say something any of us would want to tell them, get lost in the moment. It's really hard to hear on stage. And I have a WHOLE new respect for how strong Bono's voice is (maybe it was the mic volume) but I was singing as loud as I could while not losing it completely, and Bono sounds a lot louder than me. I wouldn't put it past him having that much stronger vocal power.
What a cool story - congratulations to you and Shawn!

Old 06-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #707
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Dude, that was my favorite part of the show, you and Harbinger tearing it up on Desire. I was just a few feet away from you guys. Way to handle those vocals, I know I could not have pulled that off. You going back for round 2 tonight?
Yep, my wife & I are there tonight for Chicago 4. I'm wearing my Pearl Jam Wrigley Field 2013 shirt for more good setlist karma. Come on boys, Two Hearts & Crystal Ballroom!!! The Fly for good measure.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #708
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitebusnitebus View Post
I'm gonna go get autographs again today like yesterday, and I'm going to remind every member that The Ocean/11 O'Clock Tick Tock exists.

I mean they did already play it this year, can't be hard for them to run it through at the check and go for it. happened with Gloria yesterday even!
Mention shine like stars while you're at it
Old 06-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #709
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo82 View Post
And Axver, sorry I got really defensive about your reaction to One the other night. I'm not normally that vocal. I hope it didn't come across in a bad way. I've been on this positive kick lately especially with the baby and coming out on the better side of a cancer diagnosis, then with good karma for Chicago's setlists. I've been calling this week my personal Super Bowl. I even wore my Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt T-shirt last night because they always mix up their set lists- more good karma sprinkled on the event. Plus I thought if by any chance this would happen that shirt would look kick ass on stage. I know Edge has been sporting some lightning bolt T's/graphics this tour.
Oh don't worry about it, I wasn't shocked that got a rise and I figured it wasn't a debate particularly worth pursuing (I think my last post in that thread was late at night and rotten drunk!). Sounds like you're having one hell of a good time at the moment.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
bono mono, chicago, crystal ballroom, peppers anyone?, sick bono