Chicago #1 Setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will get Stuck, Desire and Angel of Harlem this time around.....:reject:

At least I'm glad that most of the people attending the shows are very HAPPY and positive.

I still can't help myself and say that the song selection is very poor.

This is a reasonable, measured, and mature post.

On the other hand - you're being mean to U2, so you are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is a reasonable, measured, and mature post.

On the other hand - you're being mean to U2, so you are wrong.

Hang on you have contradicted yourself a little here, so it's not about taste but then someone saying the songs selecting are very poor is a reasonable post?

The point isn't that people want things to their taste, they want variety. Not a slot of two songs where they may play something different, but probably won't.

But what if the variety turns out to be two or more songs that a person dislikes more than the usual suspects?

Add to the fact there is a strong argument that this tour shouldn't of started when it did due to what happened i just don't think it's unreasonable to cut the band a little slack now and again, but oh well

People have tastes, and you will never escape that. The poster promoted a personal opinion of taste, and then expanded to say that he is happy that people are enjoying it. You can't claim every setlist gripe is down to taste. Axver was right the other day - he'd take Red Light over some of these songs played every night simply because it would prove they were trying things.

But I suppose I'm in the wrong part of the forum to actually have a discussion about something U2 may be doing that isn't wonderful.

But what if the variety turns out to be two or more songs that a person dislikes more than the usual suspects?

Then at least they are trying, offering some diversity. It would be symptomatic of a confident and adventurous band.

When they stop playing setlists this safe, or as coreographed as a Britney Spears show, the discussion will probably stop.

When they stop playing setlists this safe, or as coreographed as a Britney Spears show, the discussion will probably stop.

So they should ditch the good review they are getting to please a hundred fans on some message boards? To be fair I am very close to just being done with forums in general as there just isn't any discussion anymore, the more vocal just shout it's shit and that's basically the end of it.

Oh and big shock I am a U2 fan and I like the 23 songs that we played, madness

as coreographed as a Britney Spears show

srtgf_zps06cc00e3.gif

You mean the bitching will stop.

Yep, that's how it's starting to feel, there is no discussion if you like it then you get shouted down for being overly positive, so basically the only discussion that is allowed is if you don't like it and you can basically talk about what you don't like

Gonna be in GA tonight so probably missing the #2 setlist party. We're 40,41, and 42 so we are planning on rocking out and not taking a ton of pictures.

Come say hey if you're in the area! I'm wearing the Mrs. Clayton hat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Have fun!!!!

So they should ditch the good review they are getting to please a hundred fans on some message boards? To be fair I am very close to just being done with forums in general as there just isn't any discussion anymore, the more vocal just shout it's shit and that's basically the end of it.

If you simply refuse to understand, no-one can help you. I am not suggesting that they ditch all of their popular songs for a list of never played rarities. I am suggesting that nights one to two could have 3 or 4 more songs varied. This won't impact their reviews, and it won't reduce quality of performance. Seriously this isn't a difficult concept. If they, say replaced EBTTRT with Discotheque, COBL with Miracle Drug or SYCMIOYO, M ways with The Fly every few nights rather than the same 19 songs each show, it would be a better tour. That is all I am saying.

Coreographed setlists - in terms of set lists being almost completely static. Not in terms of dancing.

I love the SOI regression section of the show, and it is the most static and thematic thing they have ever done.

I knew what you meant. I stand by my gif. ;)

(PS: choreographed)

I have much love for anyone who retorts with an x files gif

And my spelling suffers greatly when using my phone - I can never be bothered to fix things because it takes too long

If you simply refuse to understand, no-one can help you. I am not suggesting that they ditch all of their popular songs for a list of never played rarities. I am suggesting that nights one to two could have 3 or 4 more songs varied. This won't impact their reviews, and it won't reduce quality of performance. Seriously this isn't a difficult concept. If they, say replaced EBTTRT with Discotheque, COBL with Miracle Drug or SYCMIOYO, M ways with The Fly every few nights rather than the same 19 songs each show, it would be a better tour. That is all I am saying.

Coreographed setlists - in terms of set lists being almost completely static. Not in terms of dancing.

I love the SOI regression section of the show, and it is the most static and thematic thing they have ever done.

But they are varying at least 3 songs? Electric co for ooc and then the whole e stage stuff? Then the times they rotate bad in etc?

Tune in tonight and tomorrow for a continuing round of:

YOU'RE BEING TOO NEGATIVE!

NO, YOU'RE BEING TOO POSITIVE!

But they are varying at least 3 songs? Electric co for ooc and then the whole e stage stuff? Then the times they rotate bad in etc?

Is there a gas leak where you are? Some sort of secret government project that means you have to jump down the throat of anyone who says anything about U2 that isn't a 'crawl-up-their-arse', sycophantic, wank-fest?

A band with 13 albums, and hundreds of other songs should be able to play a 23 song set that doesn't rely on the same 19 songs being played at EVERY show.

Tune in tonight and tomorrow for a continuing round of:

YOU'RE BEING TOO NEGATIVE!

NO, YOU'RE BEING TOO POSITIVE!

If positive/negative is comparable to the liberal/conservative spectrum, then is it possible to be a "moderate" in the band talks or do we have to be one or the other? :hmm:

Personally I think the point should be that people stop bitching about set lists and just enjoy the shows - they're really great, actually.

This. Maybe we wouldn't have so much sycophantic defense of U2 if there wasn't so much constant bitching and whining about shit that clearly isn't going to change. Can they do these things people complain about? Sure. Will they? Not bloody likely. People need to get over that shit and enjoy themselves.

Personally I find the whole argument from both sides to be a complete waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom