Boston #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I imagine that tomorrow will get Gloria.

Out of the new material, Boston hasn't had California, Troubles, Volcano, or Lucifer's Hands yet. Surely at least one of them will be done tomorrow.

When Bongo mentioned Mike Love was in the house I thought sure they were gonna play California but we got Crystal Ballroom instead, which I'm quite fine with.

When Bongo mentioned Mike Love was in the house I thought sure they were gonna play California but we got Crystal Ballroom instead, which I'm quite fine with.

Bono at Boston 4: "I'd like to dedicate this next song to somebody special who's in the house tonight, Lykke Li!"
*band plays Volcano*

Mike Love was at last night's show, that's why Bono was talking about the Beach Boys and we thought California was coming.

Well dam. Here I was hoping it was a sign of things to come.

you never know, Zooropa started out as little snippets of the "what do you want" and piano riff and ended up with the band playing the whole song. I think Ultraviolet is one they'd totally revisit despite just playing it last tour, but I know not everyone here would be on board with that.

I'm hoping the same happens with the Wanderer at some point and we get at least one version on the e-stage sometime. without Edge's ridiculous backing vocals.

you never know, Zooropa started out as little snippets of the "what do you want" and piano riff and ended up with the band playing the whole song. I think Ultraviolet is one they'd totally revisit despite just playing it last tour, but I know not everyone here would be on board with that.

I'm hoping the same happens with the Wanderer at some point and we get at least one version on the e-stage sometime. without Edge's ridiculous backing vocals.

Zooropa was apparently driven by the crew. I think they even presented the full production version for them do play/sing over karaoke style.

Zooropa was apparently driven by the crew. I think they even presented the full production version for them do play/sing over karaoke style.

that's pretty hilarious actually. Dallas and Willie always seem to have great ideas. pretty sure Willie got them to do the First Time and tried (unsuccessfully) to get White as Snow to debut. not to mention his tour sketches with Playboy Mansion, Velvet Dress, etc referenced.

Dallas tends to check songs that never get played (An Cat Dubh for example)

Who wouldn't love Ultraviolet? I would go bonkers, personally.

Who wouldn't love Ultraviolet? I would go bonkers, personally.

Why repeat "rarities" from recent tours instead of playing ANYTHING from the long list of songs fans have desperately waited decades to hear? There's 10 singles, a couple were even lead off singles and some that have never played in North America.

Acrobat
A Sort Of Homecoming
Exit
So Cruel
Please
Lemon(has a cover band ever tried this without falsetto?)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Gone
Heartland
Kite
Mofo
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
One Tree Hill
Love Is Blindness
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Celebration
Lady With The Spinning Head
Original Of The Species
Seconds
Numb
Electrical Storm
Drowning Man
Dirty Day
God Part II
In God's Country(proper full band)
Spanish Eyes
Fire
Hawkmoon 269
Like A Song
Tomorrow
Love Comes Tumbling
Do You Feel Loved
Zooropa
Wire
Last Night On Earth
Surrender
Promenade
11 O'clock Tick Tock

Why repeat "rarities" from recent tours instead of playing ANYTHING from the long list of songs fans have desperately waited decades to hear? There's 10 singles, a couple were even lead off singles and some that have never played in North America.

Acrobat
A Sort Of Homecoming
Exit
So Cruel
Please
Lemon(has a cover band ever tried this without falsetto?)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Gone
Heartland
Kite
Mofo
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
One Tree Hill
Love Is Blindness
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Celebration
Lady With The Spinning Head
Original Of The Species
Seconds
Numb
Electrical Storm
Drowning Man
Dirty Day
God Part II
In God's Country(proper full band)
Spanish Eyes
Fire
Hawkmoon 269
Like A Song
Tomorrow
Love Comes Tumbling
Do You Feel Loved
Zooropa
Wire
Last Night On Earth
Surrender
Promenade
11 O'clock Tick Tock
Well, if THAT's the scenario, it's a differrnt story for me. But I eould t be mad at Ultraviolet.

I was positive they were going to play A Sort of Homecoming in Boston. One more chance!

I didn't even notice the Ultraviolet snippet and that's one of my favorite songs. Honestly it was a little hard to tell what Bono was singing when they weren't the usual words. What was he signing during Streets? Don't even know.

By the way, who else there was at the show? Heard a bunch of people signing "40" afterwards, and imagined some of them might come from here.

Back
Top Bottom