Boston #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For as good as the EBW->WOWY transition was, the transition from COBL to Bullet was every bit as awkward.

Who does Bono think he is, Beck? (TWO TURNTABLES AND A MICROPHONE!) LOVE the megaphone on the verses!

:lol:

Yeah this is weird. The two songs are so opposite to me, even more so than EBW and Bullet. But I like the changeup.

Bullet just continues to be song of the tour for me, the Cobl segue isn't perfect yet but give it a bit of time.

Am I the only person who thinks the new order is a lot better?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Parts of it are, parts of it aren't.

I don't know why they can't figure out where to put BTBS. The new transition is even worse somehow.

The hardcore fans want Mother/Child tossed before Streets and the old LONG intro back. And a hell of a lot less Bono preaching during the song. (At least, I do. This is a half step away from the dreaded Vertigo version of Africa 2.0 )

Speech-Mother/Child-Streets-Speech is worse than Running-Pride-Streets imo.

TD Garden - Boston, MA - July 14, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - The Crystal Ballroom / Miss You (snippet)
16 - All I Want is You
17 - Every Breaking Wave
18 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
19 - City of Blinding Lights
20 - Bullet the Blue Sky
21 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)

I think the Hands snippet would be more accurate if attached onto Bullet than Pride.

The hardcore fans want Mother/Child tossed before Streets and the old LONG intro back. And a hell of a lot less Bono preaching during the song. (At least, I do. This is a half step away from the dreaded Vertigo version of Africa 2.0 )

When watching from the dead-ass last row of the upper deck, Mother and Child Reunion works marginally better as the intro to Streets than it does on the floor. No one liked it, but it works a little better.

I'm out. My teething toddler is crying. :drool: Have a great night and thanks for a fun party.

Put on Rattle & Hum and sit and rock with the tot. Worked like a charm on both my kids. Lights dimmed low and the soft black & white footage. Used it for teething, sick babies, etc. Works every time. Still using it for sick/cranky kids and mine are 9 and 3! :lol:

Just tunning in. Good Lord I want to hear that Crystal Ballroom / Miss You medley! It just makes so much sense and I can envision it perfectly. Where we at?

Close with 40 every night. Duh.

images

Back
Top Bottom