Boston #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i walked in to the Garden 5 minutes before People have the power and was about 5 people back from the front stage rail, there was plenty of space to walk around. it really started to fill in during the first song.

went back to the e-stage during UTEOTW and was 3rd off the rail in front of Bono, again plenty of room to move around until the end of EBTTRT. Went back to the front during EBW and was third of the rail for the rest of the show. Seemed like no-one was standing up there until bono came back during Bad.

As long as you know the set and the bands movements its really easy to be close (without cutting in front of people) and as long as you are not really short, there is no reason to get there early.

For sure. I'll never line up again. Got in about 10 minutes before PGTP at Chicago 5, and found a spot about 3 deep from the E stage. As people moved and shimmied about, I ended up right on the rail, where the catwalk meets the e stage. I'm convinced that is probably the best spot to stand, other than maybe right in front of the main stage.

If you wish to stand near the e stage, go to "Adam's side" of the 2 GA areas. The band face that way a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
FOR BRIDONOHUE --

So what was your Boston plan? Just try to get a ticket at the box office? When did you actually get the GA ticket? Do you think they release more after a certain time... like 6:30pm when they realized some celebrity wasn't going to use the free ticket?

I didn't know if you were one of 200 people to grab GA tickets or just 1 lucky mofo.

My best experience was getting to Hartford GA seats really late and being as close to Bono as I ever was because the floor was small and just not many people in my way. It was awesome. Probably 3 or 4 rows back -- good chance he actually might have seen my face kind of close and even if he didn't, it felt like you connected like at a small venue and that's what made it incredible.

That is what is so funny to me.

It's General Admission. Part of the joy to me is not having to find your seat, check it out, see if the people around you are dicks, talk to people, check out the sight lines... yada yada... I like just walking in like a Boss, iPod on in my own world, ready for a fight Rocky style and then the show begins in like 10 minutes and it's easy and fun.

Where's the joy in waiting all day in line to stand up for hours to try and enjoy your favorite band. That's work. That's not general admission -- that's aggressive admission.

I have a newborn and don't sleep much these days. Can you guys and gals tell? (Yes because you want stop mentioning it -- you asshole.)

FOR BRIDONOHUE --

So what was your Boston plan? Just try to get a ticket at the box office? When did you actually get the GA ticket? Do you think they release more after a certain time... like 6:30pm when they realized some celebrity wasn't going to use the free ticket?

I didn't know if you were one of 200 people to grab GA tickets or just 1 lucky mofo.

had the tix in hand already through u2.com. I had been to Vancouver 2 and knew getting there early wasn't necessary, just didn't realize how completely unnecessary it was.

My best experience was getting to Hartford GA seats really late and being as close to Bono as I ever was because the floor was small and just not many people in my way. It was awesome. Probably 3 or 4 rows back -- good chance he actually might have seen my face kind of close and even if he didn't, it felt like you connected like at a small venue and that's what made it incredible.

That's how I felt last night during EBTTRT. Was on the RZ rail and he started the song facing the South Side and was right in front of me. I'm sure he was just looking out, but I felt like he was looking right at me and singing to me. :) Was one of my favorite moments from seeing U2 and I've been up front and center before.

Just so you know, we Massholes say we are "on" Cape Cod, not in it. Actually we say we are "down the Cape". So you can be in Provincetown while being down the Cape. Just want to be sure you fit in while in P-Town. They don't like diversity much there. :wink:

I appreciate your concern.

I spent summers as a child "down the Cape."

But I am presently in Ptown. In ALL of Ptown. I mean I am ALL IN Ptown or ... Anyway, there's so much lifestyle here, I want to talk to everyone about the time they decided to be gay.

Now I'm going to have a roll with Linguica.

I appreciate your concern.

I spent summers as a child "down the Cape."

But I am presently in Ptown. In ALL of Ptown. I mean I am ALL IN Ptown or ... Anyway, there's so much lifestyle here, I want to talk to everyone about the time they decided to be gay.

Now I'm going to have a roll with Linguica.

You're such a fuddy duddy

. Anyway, there's so much lifestyle here, I want to talk to everyone about the time they decided to be gay.

Perhaps a survey of all the folks on Commercial Street, then we could do a statistical analysis of the average age folks make the conscious decision to become gay.

Perhaps a survey of all the folks on Commercial Street, then we could do a statistical analysis of the average age folks make the conscious decision to become gay.

I did this last night. Consensus seemed to be around 19 after visiting a homosexual recruiting station and signing up to receive the brochure about the lifestyle. If you got a one year subscription to the Gay Lifestyle magazine, you got a free toaster.

You see what people disagree with there?

Shit, free toaster, how did I not know about this?

I need to have a talk with my high school guidance counselor, never saw that brochure.

Last edited:
Because nobody won in this thread, everybody won in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom