Boston 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClaytonsKitten

ONE love, blood, life
My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Yo
Kicking this off....less than 30 mins til showtime and didn't see one.

So, which interferencer is getting on stage tonight? :wink:

Any ideas on what the e-stage songs will be? Does Crystal Ballroom get played in Boston? If so, what night(s)?

And the question of the evening: Does Shine Like Stars get added to WOWY?

just leaving work. don't start without meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm also just leaving work. They will definitely start without me. Traffic sucks.

206beyc.jpg

I predict a standard night 1 setlist - Electric Co, ISHFWILF, only 23 songs, and one old and one new song in the E stage set.

Yeah I'm not expecting much in the way of surprises - though given they did OOC first night in Toronto, they might revert to that rather than keeping Electric Co.

I wonder, if New Year's Day gets into the set, where would it go? Surely they wouldn't ditch one of the early rarities in the second slot to do NYD instead? They could restore the IWF/NYD rotation of past tours but IWF clearly is a big part of Bono's first set narrative. SBS is the other big possibility there, and surely it wouldn't become just another E stage or pre-WOWY rotation?

I wonder, if New Year's Day gets into the set, where would it go? Surely they wouldn't ditch one of the early rarities in the second slot to do NYD instead? They could restore the IWF/NYD rotation of past tours but IWF clearly is a big part of Bono's first set narrative. SBS is the other big possibility there, and surely it wouldn't become just another E stage or pre-WOWY rotation?

I'd rather see it rotate with Pride, though I predict that more for Europe. That said, wasn't it near the end of the main set a lot in UF/JT days? I could see it fitting with the more joyful arc there better than WOWY does.

I wonder, if New Year's Day gets into the set, where would it go?

I'm trying to figure that out as well. Tag-on to End of the World?

Sitting here trying to form up my thoughts from my two U2 trips to Canada, half-listening to the proceedings from Boston and the PanAm opening ceremony.

I'd rather see it rotate with Pride, though I predict that more for Europe. That said, wasn't it near the end of the main set a lot in UF/JT days? I could see it fitting with the more joyful arc there better than WOWY does.

I definitely predict a change-up for Pride in Europe. And yeah NYD used to be part of that Bad/October/NYD/Pride sequence. It's been good late in the set so could be possible.

I'm trying to figure that out as well. Tag-on to End of the World?

I'd love that. I think UTEOTW sounds awesome this tour but the one thing I miss is its great segues. UTEOTW/WGRYWH and UTEOTW/NYD are two of the band's best pairings, and it's always great to hear how UTEOTW transitions into something.

TD Garden - Boston, MA - July 10, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)

Back
Top Bottom