Berlin #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a shame only one in every four shows gets a proper fucking closer.

If you count Happy Birthday as a song (which you shouldn't), I don't remember another 27 song show

In some ways this is even worse that the 2 show split they spoke about last year.
Then backed out of because fans would feel short changed.

Next up: Barcelona!

Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany - September 29, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Desire / Love Me Do (snippet)
15 - Two Hearts Beat as One
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
18 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
19 - Zooropa
20 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
21 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
22 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
23 - City of Blinding Lights
24 - Happy Birthday (snippet) / Beautiful Day
25 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / "40" (snippet)
26 - "40"

So now it is clear that Berlin 2 (which I saw live) got the most standard-ish setlist out of 4 concerts.

Bad/40!!!

... Paris III please rescue me

If you count Happy Birthday as a song (which you shouldn't), I don't remember another 27 song show

It would be the first 27 song show. But we're going to change how we log it in our database so it doesn't affect song count, and that's why I listed it as a snippet tonight - so that this show isn't counted as 27 songs now, only to drop down to 26 when we find time to code the change (hopefully soon). It will still be listed on a separate line, like the intermission, and you'll be able to click it to view full list of appearances, but it won't affect the total songs count.

So what one word song was on the set list and was not played? Stay?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That "one word" teaser was Desire, which was played.

Caught the end of the U2 gigs stream...... Just me or was that an unbelievable version of Bad??

Best "wide awakes" I've heard all tour and he sang the entire song very well, I thought.

They seriously didn't play Stay. Wtf. ???????
Only this band that would write a song called "Glastonbury" and not play it at Glastonbury. Only this band would have a song called "California" and not play it in California. Only this band would write a song inspired by Berlin and not play it in Berlin.

It would be the first 27 song show. But we're going to change how we log it in our database so it doesn't affect song count, and that's why I listed it as a snippet tonight - so that this show isn't counted as 27 songs now, only to drop down to 26 when we find time to code the change (hopefully soon). It will still be listed on a separate line, like the intermission, and you'll be able to click it to view full list of appearances, but it won't affect the total songs count.

That "one word" teaser was Desire, which was played.

Figures!

To be fair, Stay's 360 tour debut was in Berlin. But when Bono was blabbing about Wim Wenders it sure felt like it ought to lead to Stay.

They seriously didn't play Stay. Wtf. ???????
Only this band that would write a song called "Glastonbury" and not play it at Glastonbury. Only this band would have a song called "California" and not play it in California. Only this band would write a song inspired by Berlin and not play it in Berlin.

Instead of expect the unexpected, it's unexpect the expected. I know that doesn't make sense, but you get the point. Would have loved a couple more AB songs in the E Spot such as TTTYAATW or LIB due to them being in Berlin. All of this means they probably won't play Spanish Eyes next week! ;). I would just love a POP song, cmon guys!!!

Spanish Eyes has a pattern of being played every second tour. They'd break the pattern if it's played next week.

Fuck I hope they break the pattern.

Spanish Eyes has a pattern of being played every second tour. They'd break the pattern if it's played next week.

Fuck I hope they break the pattern.
Same. They didn't play it in Barcelona on the last two tours, though.

Same. They didn't play it in Barcelona on the last two tours, though.

The Elevation Tour version is in fact the only time it's been done in Barcelona. The other three Spanish performances were in Madrid (1987) and San Sebastian (1992 and 2010).

I think there is a good chance Spanish Eyes will show up on the e-stage... Only once, though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

:up:

Will you do the same thing for Zooropa (and maybe also for Mother And Child Reunion) for this tour? :)

People, sometimes requests work! If you meet the band, request that they play something, but make it a realistic choice. They're not gonna do Acrobat. But if you say "PLAY MAGNIFICENT or PLAY ZOO STATION", they'll possibly do it.

I WANT REACH AROUND LIVE!!!

yep exactly, it's all about asking for something realistic. sure, it would take more work for them to try Reach or Sleep Like a Baby, but since they're on the album they're promoting, I'm sure they'd put the work in.

I think Spanish Eyes will be played on the e-stage at one of the Barcelona shows. it'll be interesting to see which one!

:up:

Will you do the same thing for Zooropa (and maybe also for Mother And Child Reunion) for this tour? :)

In short, no.

The way to list Happy Birthday and the intermission won't work for Zooropa, as it would mean the 1993 and 2011 performances would be counted as a different song to the 2015 performances. As in, it would be two totally separate listings with no connection between the two pages.

We're going to consider the idea of adding "abridged" in the way that "snippet" appears (it may be possible but I can't promise anything because most of the legwork for this stuff is by Matt). Though even then Zooropa et al. would still count towards the total song count, so it would remain 26 songs. I'm also worried "abridged" adds another messy distinction - when is something short enough to earn the tag, and when is it so short it ceases to be abridged and is only a snippet? Do I really want to add another grey zone?

I still wish we could code a medley, where both songs appear on the same line on concert pages but for the purposes of album stats and their individual song pages they count as full songs rather than snippets. But as I've posted before, we've tried without being able to come up with something satisfactory.

Oh, but the other thing we are going to do is add multiple intermission listings so you can see at a glance if it was the punk rock video, The Wanderer, or The Fly. Look out for that maybe before the Barcelona gigs.

Back
Top Bottom