Barcelona #1 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
2. The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
3. Vertigo
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
9. Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10. Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
(Intermission)
11. Invisible
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
13. Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
14. Elevation
15. Sweetest Thing
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. October
18. Bullet The Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
19. Zooropa
20. Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
21. Pride
22. With Or Without You

3. Vertigo
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
10. Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
(Intermission)
11. Invisible
14. Elevation
15. Sweetest Thing
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. October
19. Zooropa
20. Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
21. Pride
22. With Or Without You

Encore:
23. City Of Blinding Lights
24. Beautiful Day

Ironically I chose to wear a Spanish Formula 1 team shirt today, forgetting that the band's in Barcelona.

Good to see that they didn't ditch October in October. :wink:

It would have totally been in keeping with them to ditch October for all the October shows - and replace it with a rotation of The Troubles and California. Then in November, back comes October!

3. Vertigo
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
(Intermission)
11. Invisible
14. Elevation
15. Sweetest Thing
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. October
19. Zooropa
21. Pride
22. With Or Without You

Encore:
23. City Of Blinding Lights
24. Beautiful Day
25. Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One

:yawn:

Tomorrow will be OOC, Desire, Angel, and ISHFWILF. Lock it in.

:wave:

But it works... I only wished they played more current songs: California, Volcano, Reach Me Now, Troubles, Ballroom. These are fantastic songs. They deserve it :)

Just back from the gig- I'm hot, sweaty and totally knackered- great way cto spend a couple of hours

But it works... I only wished they played more current songs: California, Volcano, Reach Me Now, Troubles, Ballroom. These are fantastic songs. They deserve it :)

This is what pisses me off. They could be rotating all of those songs in. SFS, Cedarwood Rd, Iris... even The Miracle could and should be rotated out with other new songs. I feel like the album is pretty even in terms of quality. Iris and SFS don't deserve to be played 100% of the time, nor do Troubles, California or Reach me now deserve to be benched permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Tomorrow will be OOC, Desire, Angel, and ISHFWILF. Lock it in.

:wave:

and the sad thing is looking at the songs they have played that this setlist could be beyond epic. I mean:

two hearts
elec co
out of control
gloria
11 oclock
satelite of love
zoo station
bad
all I want is you
october
zooropa
nyd

can you imagine a night where these songs are all played??
they played 52 songs thusfar and 21 are stale as hell and from all these songs above a maximum of 5 have been played at the same night
I just dont get it

stale as hell? :crack:

not to the people going to just one gig this tour i'm sure!

When the setlists get as stale as the debate about the setlist, then I'll start to worry.

stale as hell? :crack:

not to the people going to just one gig this tour i'm sure!

You mean reading the nightly set lists from your bedroom isn't a valid way to judge if they are stale??

You sir are crazy to think that U2 are playing these set lists to the 20k people a night who paid money to see them, most of which probably could only afford a show or two at most! They clearly should be playing these shows for people on Internet because we are paying gooooooo.....oh, wait.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I only went to one show this year, though not by choice (stupid work). I gotta say, the Iris-UTEOTW section is much more effective in person than it seems when reading a setlist online. The new version of Bullet kicks ass, and even songs like WOWY, Pride, Streets, etc are great to see again just for the crowd's reaction.

That said, I feel very fortunate to have been at a show where we got Bad, and then "40" to close, as I think "one" and "ISHFWILF" shouldn't be closers, and that they need a rest in general. Also, glad I got 1 of 3 versions of "California"... It was actually really good live, and doesn't deserve to be benched.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

You mean reading the nightly set lists from your bedroom isn't a valid way to judge if they are stale??

You sir are crazy to think that U2 are playing these set lists to the 20k people a night who paid money to see them, most of which probably could only afford a show or two at most! They clearly should be playing these shows for people on Internet because we are paying gooooooo.....oh, wait.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:up: (but i'm not a sir) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom