Amsterdam #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always felt like the 'chorus' of Magnificent (only love...) went nowhere. It feels more like a pre-chorus that needs to build up to an explosive major-key chorus to be really effective, and they kind of half indulged my imagination with this version. It's definitely better than it was, and I love the faster tempo and the synthy things going on, but it still needs a little tweaking. Just repeating the title a few more times isn't pushing it quite as far as they can :lol:

Also they need to keep the original intro. That's the best part of the song!

Magnificent: gone from a plodder into something with LIFE! How I wish NLOTH had been made in this way.

Bono clearly loved bringing it back last night. Happy to see this as a staple, perhaps?

From the first time they played it, I maintained vociferously that they should be playing it at the tempo of the remixes, not the slow album tempo.

I am overjoyed, humbled and gratified that they have clearly heeded my advice and we have been blessed with the result.

:wink:

Sent from __________

I just realised Ordinary Love was not done at all in Amsterdam.

It was not missed.

Not missed at all. By far the worst song of the Turin 1 I attended.... has nothing to do in the set, very boring song, far inferior than the studio version.

However, despite all the hate about Elevation, it was one of the best song at that show! (and I am not a fan of the song either)

Not missed at all. By far the worst song of the Turin 1 I attended.... has nothing to do in the set, very boring song, far inferior than the studio version.

However, despite all the hate about Elevation, it was one of the best song at that show! (and I am not a fan of the song either)

Elevation is always a party. Same for the Amsterdam show's. Whenever Edge starts the intro.. There's a huge crowd reaction. Obviously its still a big Favorited for people who don't see them so often as "the diehards"

A friend of mine lost her U2 virginity in Amsterdam
Surprisingly Elevation was the song she wanted to hear the most.
But in the end I understand, its just awesome when everyone joins in.

Still very fond of this new version of magnificent. For some reason, it sounds like Eurodance or something. :lol:
I admire them for reworking this.

Magnificent was something else indeed. It sounded a bit electro, computer effects on Edge's guitar playing. Hope they won't ditch it, the crowd was definitely into it! Loved it!

I've always felt like the 'chorus' of Magnificent (only love...) went nowhere. It feels more like a pre-chorus that needs to build up to an explosive major-key chorus to be really effective, and they kind of half indulged my imagination with this version. It's definitely better than it was, and I love the faster tempo and the synthy things going on, but it still needs a little tweaking. Just repeating the title a few more times isn't pushing it quite as far as they can :lol:

Also they need to keep the original intro. That's the best part of the song!
Regarding the intro NO WAY in my opinion, it was too long and boring!

From the first time they played it, I maintained vociferously that they should be playing it at the tempo of the remixes, not the slow album tempo.

I am overjoyed, humbled and gratified that they have clearly heeded my advice and we have been blessed with the result.

:wink:

Sent from __________

If it is not an irony, I´m happy to agree with you 100% !

great show and I got a big surprise this morning from my brother :)

standings for Dublin III together

:rockon:

Maybe, maybe not. The Ziggo Dome has so many exits for the floor (and no stairs!) that the whole crowd can get out quickly. So more people can then fit on the floor.

Exactly...easy exit out of ZiggoDome means they can get more on the floor. Exiting the floor at TD Garden meant going down steps galore (Martjin - I think you were pretty close to where I was standing for BOS3). Vacating the TD Garden in an emergency would have been a nightmare.

We were running out to try and catch a train back to Schipol (missed it) and saw the crowd around the GA floor exit right where the band was walking out. We loved the venue.

That '40' snippet in Bad with the "how long" sounded Sunday Bloody Sunday-esque. It was epic. I've never seen them snippet 40 that early in the song before. It's usually just in the outro.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow, new Magnificent is really fucking nice. Perfect e-stage song, quick tempo and very danceable tune. Few kinks to work out but I hope they keep it in the rotation and ditch OL for good.

Exactly...easy exit out of ZiggoDome means they can get more on the floor. Exiting the floor at TD Garden meant going down steps galore (Martjin - I think you were pretty close to where I was standing for BOS3). Vacating the TD Garden in an emergency would have been a nightmare.

At BOS3 I was along the catwalk, Edge's side, more or less where the screen starts.
And yeah, even though I was front row (Adam's side) for the final 2 Amsterdam shows, I got out very quick. Many exits, no stairs, no escalators and you're out on the big main square in front of the venue in no time.

At BOS3 I was along the catwalk, Edge's side, more or less where the screen starts.
And yeah, even though I was front row (Adam's side) for the final 2 Amsterdam shows, I got out very quick. Many exits, no stairs, no escalators and you're out on the big main square in front of the venue in no time.

We were completely surprised how fast you were out, lol. We expected ot have to wait quite a while since you were front row and you were there in no time!

Magnificent sounded great and I want to wed the girl that was holding the camera... god she's cute... can't dance... but very cute:heart::heart::heart:

At Amsterdam 3 and 4- my first shows on this tour. The second show was amazing,- and to get Bad and 40 as the encore just capped off an excellent night. Stayed at Holiday Inn Arena Towers- 10 minute walk after the show- no fuss, no hassle ( got drenched the first night though!). Also had great intemet access- helped getting Dublin tickets the following morning

At Amsterdam 3 and 4- my first shows on this tour. The second show was amazing,- and to get Bad and 40 as the encore just capped off an excellent night. Stayed at Holiday Inn Arena Towers- 10 minute walk after the show- no fuss, no hassle ( got drenched the first night though!). Also had great intemet access- helped getting Dublin tickets the following morning

The accomodations around the Ziggo dome are perfect. You have anything you need in the area. Free wifi at the venue and surroundings, security staff was friendly. I agree these days where as close to perfect as they would get.

would agree with this. awesome e-stage pairing and the ending of the show really made this one stand out.

Wouldn't know as I havent seen or heard that many shows before. However there definitely was a lot of energy and fun bouncing around from the band as well as the crowd, more than in many other u2 shows Ive seen in the past. That plus the great setlist indeed makes an awesome show!

Back
Top Bottom