2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA is so stressful, I've felt that way all along. I don't know how so many of you can deal with it, particularly for multiple shows. I'm definitely a seats person. Not sure if I'll make it out to a show for this tour, but I'm still excited about tour talk. :hyper:

GA is so stressful, I've felt that way all along. I don't know how so many of you can deal with it, particularly for multiple shows. I'm definitely a seats person. Not sure if I'll make it out to a show for this tour, but I'm still excited about tour talk. :hyper:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Even though it was hot, my girlfriend was miserable the entire time, and I almost got trampled to death, it was nice meeting some interferencer's and chatting with them in the GA line that day.

First come,first serve i think. Or charge a little extra to get in the golden circle. Whats a GA floor hold on average 5,000 max?

Personally, I don't want the front area of GA (or whatever inner area they may have this time) solely filled with old people and obsessive freaks who are willing to camp out overnight and grab the same spots at the 10+ shows they go to. It would be refreshing to see young people/new listeners getting to bask in the glory of being so close to rock gods.

I've never really understood this U2.com membership thing and the tour. I've always just bought U2 tickets the "normal" way...either by phone on online, and never had any problem getting tix for a show I wanted to see, and never via a U2.com "pre-sale". I think one tour I got them through some promotion that AMEX was having, but that's about it.

For 360 since the venues were all stadiums, it was much, much easier to get tickets. The only difficult onsale I remember was the Rosebowl but that's because they broke Ticketmaster.

For arenas, the trick will be to go through as many presales as you can as traditionally the good tickets are gone by the time the general sale hits. The good news is that the entire floor is GA, so that tends to make things easier.

For me, I'm just waiting to see which LA venue they use, Forum or Staples. For purchasing tickets, Ticketmaster/Live Nation is much better than AXS, so I'm hoping for the Forum, if they don't play Coachella.

What system does Bruce use?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's similar to the way they used to sell concert tickets. People show up and get a numbered wristband with instructions to return at a specific time. At said time, they call a random number and line people up starting with that number. It allows for DIFFERENT people to get up front rather than friends/associates of the line runner.

I hate waiting. I did all but two of my 360 shows GA and waited for only two of them. Raleigh - Got there at noon, and ended up in front of edge, inner circle. Next to two ladies that got there at 6pm.
Seattle, got there the day before, got number 100 or so, got in line at 5:30am day of show and got outside rail. Barely.
I will do GA again and seats but doubt I will wait. Even in Anaheim, I got there at 5:30pm and stood right behind all my friends that had waited all day...

GA probably would have been more fun if I'd done it with somebody. You're kind of restricted when you're alone. Not being able to break for the bathroom for over 12 hours is a bummer.

Last edited:
Waiting really isn't worth it, at least not in stadiums. In Melbourne I got the rail behind the red zone and then second row right in front of Adam despite showing up at around 5:30 or 6pm both days. And in arenas I was lucky on Vertigo and got beeped into the ellipse both times.

Cheers for the tour info Elvis. :up:

I would wait in line if I was guaranteed that I would be next to at least 3 hot single ladies.

I'm too old for GA now. Hope the seats aren't ridiculously expensive.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the stress of GA is worth it for me anymore, but I'll probably break down and do it once. Seats are way more appealing right now, though.

It's similar to the way they used to sell concert tickets. People show up and get a numbered wristband with instructions to return at a specific time. At said time, they call a random number and line people up starting with that number. It allows for DIFFERENT people to get up front rather than friends/associates of the line runner.

:up:

I loved the way he did it.

And tour staffers are in charge of the entire thing, not some guy who decided he would be in charge because he showed up first.

Edge said to a portuguese radio that they will be playing a classic long that's forgotten for a long time now. Any bets?

I've never really understood this U2.com membership thing and the tour. I've always just bought U2 tickets the "normal" way...either by phone on online, and never had any problem getting tix for a show I wanted to see, and never via a U2.com "pre-sale". I think one tour I got them through some promotion that AMEX was having, but that's about it.

In Europe usually it's a nightmare. In Portugal, they sold out 90.000 tickets in just 7 hours. Without pre-sale it's harder to get a ticket when compared to win a lottery.

It's great. It means you can have a day to yourself, as well, which is nice. And, honestly, I've managed to get on the front rail both times I saw Bruce, even when I showed up an hour before the number drawing. So, I may be biased towards my love for the system.

:up:

I loved the way he did it.

And tour staffers are in charge of the entire thing, not some guy who decided he would be in charge because he showed up first.

And then, of course, hiding the line under a bridge three blocks away from the stadium five days ahead of time :love:

It's great. It means you can have a day to yourself, as well, which is nice. And, honestly, I've managed to get on the front rail both times I saw Bruce, even when I showed up an hour before the number drawing. So, I may be biased towards my love for the system.

What would your opinion be if, both times, you ended up all the way in the back because you were the first person ahead of where the line was cut?

This is exciting news! Time to start saving. Don't think I can manage the GA. Guess I was a bit spoiled with reserved floor seating back in the JT days. If I'm lucky, I'd like to find seats in the stands by the stage. Fingers crossed.

Edge said to a portuguese radio that they will be playing a classic long that's forgotten for a long time now. Any bets?

Hmmmm...they'll be playing a long forgotten classic?

A Celebration! :hyper:

Thanks Elvis!

I am excited just by the tour talk! :hyper: Like others I will probably be getting seats this time around. If I do end up doing GA then it will be back by the soundboard like I did in Minneapolis on the 360 tour. Was so nice not to have wait all day long in line and fight the crowds at the rail. I have had my moments of being up close and I loved it. Past the point of being able to handle that anymore lol.

What would your opinion be if, both times, you ended up all the way in the back because you were the first person ahead of where the line was cut?

As everyone has mentioned, based on their own U2 experiences, showing up at 5:30 doesn't put you in the very back. The people who get numbers aren't the only people who will eventually be in GA that evening. Those are the people who will be all the way in back. GA is a lottery. You win or lose. It's standing room only, thus why the tickets are cheaper. Other artists don't seem to get that, but U2 and Bruce have been very good about keeping GA tickets cheap, to compensate for what may or may not happen. You want to see, guaranteed, you buy a seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom