2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worcester's arena is pretty bad. No room to breathe. The lower level (which is easily 80% of the total capacity) has TWO men's bathrooms with three toilets each.

That being said, it's 45 minutes away from me. So if that's what I have to endure, so be it.

Was renovated last year. Not sure if they added any restroom facilities.

Oh, so for once in their lives, the men will have to wait in line to pee?

HORRORS.

:wink:

I went to a show there where the line wrapped around half the concourse. I can wait in a line to pee, but we're talking 30-40 minutes there. If Boston were occupied (in the increasingly less likely event that the Bruins or Celtics make the playoffs), Providence or Hartford would be better options.

So do you think they'd take a stab at doing full (or mostly full) albums? I could see it going something like:

Night 1: A few songs from SOI with a few older songs (IWF, Gloria, OOC, etc), then Joshua Tree, then encores

Night 2: Roughly the same SOI songs, different older songs, Achtung Baby, different encores

I just chose those 2 albums for the hell of it. They could probably try Boy, War, Rattle and Hum, or Zooropa instead. And knowing U2, they might say they're doing a full album but then leave out, oh, I don't know...Red Hill Mining Town or Acrobat, just to further mess with us...

So do you think they'd take a stab at doing full (or mostly full) albums? I could see it going something like:

Night 1: A few songs from SOI with a few older songs (IWF, Gloria, OOC, etc), then Joshua Tree, then encores

Night 2: Roughly the same SOI songs, different older songs, Achtung Baby, different encores

I just chose those 2 albums for the hell of it. They could probably try Boy, War, Rattle and Hum, or Zooropa instead. And knowing U2, they might say they're doing a full album but then leave out, oh, I don't know...Red Hill Mining Town or Acrobat, just to further mess with us...

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

They can't figure out how to play full band versions of songs they just worked on... how do you expect them to figure out songs they've never played that they wrote 30 years ago?

It would be difficult, but if they're throwing out the idea of rotating setlists more than usual, then they'll probably have to rehearse a few more songs than usual anyway. As long as Bono's got his prompter workin', we should be all good.

I hate the sound of this 7 city idea. God knows what they will do for europe

I think you're leaving Miami out of the other cities...

NY and Boston, while not really close, are close anyway

Let's say:

Toronto, NY, Miami, Chicago, LA ...

I hate the sound of this 7 city idea. God knows what they will do for europe

Yeah part of me loves it and the other part hates it. Guess we'll just have to wait for more details which I imagine are coming soon.

Let's say:

Miami could be another possibility as well. Too many cities fighting for the 5th, 6th and 7th spots.

Residencies, huh? I wonder where we first heard that? :wink:

Sent from my ass crack

Yeah I feel like someone mentioned this to me a while back. Possibly a member here who's source is always spot on. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When they say they will play as many nights as they need to, surely theres got to be a cut off point?

Also we all know they only do two nights in a row so would they be able to hire an arena for that long?

With the 360 tour there were big gaps inbetween shows sometimes,which i presume helped Bono, with this idea surely Bono will struggle more then anyone else.

Yeah, remember in 2005 they did two shows in Philadelphia separated by a week because of the venue's sporting commitments. If U2 do residencies, I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up jumping around a bit - three in NY, head off to Toronto for five, back to NY for two, head off somewhere else, etc.

As for the cities, ask yourself first which cities U2 have already had to play at least four times on a normal arena leg. They are Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Toronto. Those are your leading contenders. For the remaining two, you'd think they'd do one city to cover the south and southeast (Atlanta? Miami? And what about a Texas city?), which has historically been a weaker market, and somewhere to cover the Pacific northwest (Seattle? Vancouver?).

London's O2 has nothing going on from 22nd May to 7th July and from 16th July til the 1st October.
There was talk of a residency there a few months back :hyper:

Vancouver beats Seattle for an arena tour if it came down to one or the other. It's a much larger & newer venue by 5000. Also, the band are known to base in Vancouver for extended stays. Should there be a stadium gig, CenturyLink Field would be the winner over BC Place. But who knows with nhl scheduling in Vancouver for the arena times.

Vancouver beats Seattle for an arena tour if it came down to one or the other. It's a much larger & newer venue by 5000. Also, the band are known to base in Vancouver for extended stays. Should there be a stadium gig, CenturyLink Field would be the winner over BC Place. But who knows with nhl scheduling in Vancouver for the arena times.

i agree with this key arena wouldnt be able to support this imho...and portland isnt central enough especially for people coming from alberta

if this is in may i can see my beloved vancouver canucks (local hockey team) not making the playoffs or being bounced out in the first round in april

Let's say:

I don't think the cities would be selected based on geography, but on demand. Boston got 7 shows at the Garden on the Vertigo tour, Miami got 2. Boston has long been one of U2's strongest markets in the US. I'd be surprised if it weren't one of the Magnificent 7.

So...no one else thinks a 7-city exclusive tour is not in keeping with the band's populist attitude? Or are we all too busy fantasizing over which cities are important enough to make a hypothetical shortlist?

So...no one else thinks a 7-city exclusive tour is not in keeping with the band's populist attitude? Or are we all too busy fantasizing over which cities are important enough to make a hypothetical shortlist?

I missed where this idea even came from, but if they did something like that, I'd be pretty pissy with them all over again.

For sure Chicago, NYC, Toronto and LA. They could easily do 2 weeks worth of shows in those cities. Then you have Boston which could also probably support a strong residency. Philly might be good for 4 shows. San Francisco or Vegas are possibilities, but are also relatively close to LA. You have Seattle or Vancouver to the northwest, and Atlanta to the southeast, bit I can't see either of them doing more than 3 shows.

I really wish this wasn't true, but whatever. Good thing I already planned on going to Chicago. Now to get tickets ...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It definitely is not, but I am assuming the residencies will not be the only shows, I assume they'll do single shows and maybe 2 in the other markets they usually play but that the residences is just something they are doing in the cities with the strongest demand.

Its really not such a drastic change from the last arena tour (Vertigo)...

LA and Anaheim got 6 shows (plus 2 in San Diego)
New York got 8 shows (plus 2 in East Rutherford)
Boston got 7 shows
Chicago got 6 shows
Toronto got 4 shows.

I think they're really going to end up doing pretty much the same thing they did in 2005 just being a little smarter with travel and scheduling.

It definitely is not, but I am assuming the residencies will not be the only shows, I assume they'll do single shows and maybe 2 in the other markets they usually play but that the residences is just something they are doing in the cities with the strongest demand.

Its really not such a drastic change from the last arena tour (Vertigo)...

Yeah...that wouldn't be any different from the norm, just not spread over different legs (lance's mom), so I feel like this is just kinda HYPEperoble, because, 'Oooh, look! Residencies! Fancy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom