2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Via Atu2.com

We've been contacted by a source at a Canadian radio station letting us know that the station is set to begin airing commercials at 6 am PT tomorrow (that's 9 am ET) promoting U2 ticket sales. The commercials will announce two concerts -- May 14 and 15, 2015 -- at Rogers Arena and that public ticket sales will begin on December 8th. In other words, this confirms several of the rumors above.

The first rumored shows are still 5.5 months out, I imagine they have a pretty good timeline for Bono's recovery by now from professionals. No need for him to be rehearsing for a couple of months, Besides the tour is in an office, so it will be less demanding than the Claw was physically, ComaBono will be fine by tour time.

It would be ironic if Elbow opened for U2 during the tour.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I hope it's not true. I think it's really ridiculous that they would announce anything. I highly doubt Bono is going to be up and ready to rehearse anytime soon.

Perhaps his doctor has a different opinion??

While his injuries sound severe, none of us are his doctors, therefore we don't really know HOW severe they were. Maybe his doctor legitimately believes he will be back to normal or almost normal by May, with the right amount of rest, treatment and physical therapy.

I just know the Chicago shows are going to be on the weekend of June 13th, which is my wife's birthday. She's already okay'd me to take a weekend trip with my buddies for the U2 concerts in Chicago, but I don't know if she'd like me going away on her birthday. I'd bring her with me, but we have 2 young kids we'd have to leave with grandparents, and she's not exactly the biggest U2 fan.

Hopefully the GA seats and shitty nosebleed/rear stage seats stay below $100, or people are gonna get pissed.

The Paris leak (https://twitter.com/cncrtfr/status/539697736715870209) would be reassuring if true because it means that the top ticket price would be in the $200 - $250 dollar range and not above $300 as had been rumored.

I'm not saying I would pay even that much, but staying below $300 should cut down on the backlash a little.
In many cases, I've noticed that the top ticket price for European concerts (when converted to USD) are usually cheaper than those in the US.

It's happening.

However, if the presale thing is true it means U2.com is fu**ing up, again. This is, for most people and considering it's Christmas time, too short of a notice and a case of bad timing. They should have gone with ticket sales in January. It's almost impossible to make any plans from one day to the other.

This is, for most people and considering it's Christmas time, too short of a notice and a case of bad timing. They should have gone with ticket sales in January. It's almost impossible to make any plans from one day to the other.

While I kinda agree, the Stones announced their Aussie tour about this time last year, with tickets to go on sale before Christmas. Taylor Swift has just done the same thing last week. It's pretty common practice these days I think.

While I kinda agree, the Stones announced their Aussie tour about this time last year, with tickets to go on sale before Christmas. Taylor Swift has just done the same thing last week. It's pretty common practice these days I think.

Happy for a tour about to be announced but they should have a few days warning before the fan club pre-sale.
It's all good for those of us that are regulars on the fan sites and know about things as they are happening. But what if someone's a member of U2.com, doesn't check their emails for 24 hours or so and suddenly see that not only has a tour been announced, but they've missed a pre-sale?
That would be a rather shit feeling.

It's happening.

However, if the presale thing is true it means U2.com is fu**ing up, again. This is, for most people and considering it's Christmas time, too short of a notice and a case of bad timing. They should have gone with ticket sales in January. It's almost impossible to make any plans from one day to the other.

Why on earth would you wait to sell tickets in January?

Before Christmas: people are spending plenty of money buying gifts, etc. Perfect opportunity to drum up further sales with tickets as presents.
After Christmas: people are broke thanks to their pre-Christmas spendathon, staring down a serious credit card bill, and certainly aren't in the mood to fork out megabucks for a concert.

Strike while people are already in a spending mood and make them broke, rather than waiting until they are broke and don't want to spend any more.

It's happening.

nonsense

people often have no money left after christmas, and concert tickets make perfect christmas presents (i should know #festival-addicted teenagers)

eta: well done Axver, you beat me to it and took the words right out of my mouth (like you also did in "another" thread recently :up: or should i call you Dr. Axver Freud? :D )

eta: well done Axver, you beat me to it and took the words right out of my mouth (like you also did in "another" thread recently :up: or should i call you Dr. Axver Freud? :D )

Yeah let's not forget my professional qualifications here. :wink:

"In spending mood", I think that's quite a problematic thing to say. I watch my spendings closely because I don't have so much money so it's either Christmas presents or U2 tickets, both is too much for me. I'd be more than happy if I have more money in January and can pay for tickets then, but ok, you have to take it the way it is anyway.

Paris edit: Ticket price from 34,50 to 275,00 € :hyper: and packages from 109,00 to 375,50 €
3 dates confirmed : november 10, 11 and 15, with an option 14 novembre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom