2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already in 11th, and only 127 plays behind One. One is the only post-Joshua Tree song that's been played more, but that makes sense because it's one of their standards. Most of the songs immediately below Until the End were either latter hits or from a time when they didn't have many songs, or didn't have many that were great. The amount of plays that Until the End has despite it's not being a hit or being forced into the set because of a lack of material point to it being one of the bands favorite songs. They don't have to play it.

Yep, though Mysterious Ways is also above UTEOTW. :wink:

I plan on bringing signs with my own analytics to the Chicago show.

:lol:

Nope. They're going to do the alternate version from the deluxe acoustics and Edge will do a lot of the vocals instead of pumping in Lykke Li over the sound system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

No, they're not going to do that.

I'm not at all buying that Bono can't match up the vocals to Li's on the screen. It was on the printed setlist for each of the last two shows evidently. They're probably just not happy with either 1. how they're playing it or 2. they don't know where to put it in the setlist, or 3. both.

I'd give Bad at Vancouver 2 an 8/10. Minus points for Adam's awkward bass break, I'm sure there could have been some technique that he could have done instead of an awkward pause. Also, Bono's singing wasn't quite melodic enough to go above an 8.

Sent out of penis envy

sticky this pls

I also wrote an article for a very popular Australian music blog defending U2 late last year, but apparently unless all you post is sunshine and rainbows you're a hindrance.

These forums would be boring as fuck without a bit of dissension.

I remember reading that on FasterLouder, didn't realise it was written by the cobbler. Good stuff.

I'd give Bad at Vancouver 2 an 8/10. Minus points for Adam's awkward bass break, I'm sure there could have been some technique that he could have done instead of an awkward pause. Also, Bono's singing wasn't quite melodic enough to go above an 8.

Sent out of penis envy

The San Jose version was much better, sounding pretty much like a good 360 version.

Sweet.

Imagine this image on a 69,000 foot long screen
gwar-624-1378478291.jpg

We do have a unifying thing within our audience, but outside of Madison Square Garden it can be tough being a U2 fan because we've been around a long time.

I hope this means that they are so comfortable at MSG that we'll get all of the rarities. All of them.

Bono wants a 30-min accoustic set on this tour... god noooo!!
Edge rehearsed 60 songs already... he just needs to convince the band to follow him :)

I made my own metric called CPH (Chins Per Hour) tracking how many times Bono makes the proud face where he sticks his chin out really far. Based on my research, he maintained a 6.72% CPH during the 360 Tour. Based on only 4 shows on this tour I don't feel confident in my sample size so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on the CpPH (Chomps Per Hour), this is a metric that measures how many times Bono Chomps real close at a camera.... so far this tour he's not living up to his potential that he has in earlier tours, his throughput is way down. :down:

Bono wants a 30-min accoustic set on this tour... god noooo!!

But that was the original idea for the tour, wasn't it? To have a acoustic section installed as part of one of the pair of shows.

I wouldn't mind a small acoustic set, 30 minutes may be a bit too much. Plus, I would love to have the string section back. God knows what happened to them.

Imagine if they play an acoustic version of "Acrobat"?:sad:

:lol: I hope I'm online then to see this forum explode and implode at the same time.

I'm working on the CpPH (Chomps Per Hour), this is a metric that measures how many times Bono Chomps real close at a camera.... so far this tour he's not living up to his potential that he has in earlier tours, his throughput is way down. :down:

both of these are classic !!

Wondering if the 30 minutes would end up an extension of the show?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think it would be a full half hour extension, but maybe a 10-15 minute extension, especially if it's just minimal work for Larry. They'd have to be songs that wouldn't kill Bono's voice either.

Wait, weren't they rehearsing with an orchestra? Is that happening live or not? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it anymore. :scratch:

Someone on another board said the real trouble with The Troubles (stupid pun, but it fits) might have been Bono having a hard time trying to stay in sync with the video and the band playing. From the videos of Vancouver I that I saw it indeed seems that he's struggling a bit. Maybe they can try and play the alternative version without having to feature a video of Lykke Li where Bono has to sing along.

Nah, not much technical basis for this theory. He'd be struggling during all the other songs he sings to backing tracks, also.

Sent from my ass crack

As a matter of fact, yes i am !

Taking my older son (10 y/o) to the July 18th show and then with some friends on the following Thursday July 23rd.

You sat at the end of the row I was in at the Meadowlands 360 show! I think you were sitting 3 seats down from MsYBOR :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom