2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general question: if U2 do arenas in the U.S. next year, what are the odds they will do single shows in cities like, say, Columbus? While I'm certain they couldn't sell out 2 shows there, they could definitely do 1. I would prefer to not have at least 1 show in my local-ish area. Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy, Louisville and Indianapolis are all within a 3 hour drive of my house, and have sizeable arenas. It'd be nice to be able to drive home after a show, even if that means getting in at 4am.

If Chicago can get 5 shows, surely one of those cities can get 1. They seem somewhat rigid on the multiple nights in one city, and I get it, that makes them more money. But surely they realize they'd be leaving money on the table by not doing single night stands.
If they were to continue in arenas next year I think they'd still try for markets where they could guarantee at least 2 night stands...not so much because of the varied shows thing they led us on about, but I think logistics and cost of humping that screen around would make them less inclined to do one night stands.

One - Bono´s inability to play guitar forced them to reinvent it a bit wth stripped down version that builds up at the end. If they will figure it out fully, it can be really great. One needed some fresh air for a long time.

that said, they'll probably allude to one off dates, then when we start expecting a tour of rar(ely played c)ities, they'll switch it to zero dates. :(

I'm trying to think of all the cities U2 could do multiple nights in that they aren't this year.

Philly, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Toronto, NYC (in a non MSG venue), Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles?, Seattle, Edmonton or Calgary, Minneapolis.

By not doing single nights, they'd be leaving out Portland, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, Omaha, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Oklahoma, Nashville, Tampa, Raleigh/Charlotte, Charlottesville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Albany, Hartford, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Winnipeg, Ottawa, among others. Obviously they won't do all of those cities, but they could sell out 1 arena show in those cities. Most bands DO play those places when they tour, and U2 used to as well.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The employee handing out GA line wristbands this morning said there is GA capacity for 2700 and only 2000 GA tickets sold.

The employee handing out GA line wristbands this morning said there is GA capacity for 2700 and only 2000 GA tickets sold.

That can't be right at all. GA has been sold out since day 1 for both shows, and 2700 is way too many for a floor in an arena.

That can't be right at all. GA has been sold out since day 1 for both shows, and 2700 is way too many for a floor in an arena.

Was gonna say with that stage layout no way would you fit 2700 on the floor

I agree it sounds like nonsens but he was adamant in those figures. Confident enough to tell the person in front of me that there were plenty of GA tickets left and it won't be very crowded tonight.

Just to inform: Edge confirmed that U2 is going do Brasil (which means SA, which means at least another year for the tour, which means all sort of incredible things )

Was this a recent comment? Did he give a timeframe?

I'm just curious as to how 2016 is going to play out. Also, does South America have very much in the way of indoor arenas that would be conducive to the IE Tour stage? Rumors have it that they'll do arenas in Europe and Australia, and I think it's pretty obvious North America. I just can't see them doing arenas for South America. Likewise, I can't see them designing a stadium version of the show just to do a handful of shows in South America.

t

I'm gonna go on a whim and say that California opens the show tonight.
But knowing this band, they may not play it all. lol.

Thanks, guys! Oh crap, I'll edit Sweetest Thing out of that. Thanks. :reject:

In my defense, that section was initially about the fans filming the band on the phone. Forgot to take out that song when I changed it.

i would pay more than i should for XM radio and a subscription to a U2 station that streams gigs live.

Anyone thinking that we ought to just gofundme the entire leg for guaranteed live audio/video?

The band really should have some sort of satellite or download system available. Jimmy Buffett has every single one of his shows broadcast live on Radio Margaritaville on SiriusXM. Why the hell can't we get an all U2 all the time station on Sirius and the band broadcasts all their shows live as well? With rebroadcasts on off days so that various time zones get a listen as well? I'd be more willing to pay for that than a U2.com membership!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom