2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm... I think I might go see Van Halen in Cincinnati. Just get a cheap lawn ticket, should be a good show. I wish they'd get Michael Anthony back on bass and complete the original lineup, but he's very much "Team Hagar" these days, although I think it's more "anti-Eddie" than anything.
Mad Anthony isn't coming back. The only reason EVH decided to get back on the road in 2007 was the opportunity to play with Wolfgang. (He has said so and Valerie B said so in an interview at the time as well) So if thats what it took I'm good with it. And Wolfie is apparently quite the prodigy, working on a solo album currently where he plays everything, guitar, drums, bass, keys...and from what I've read is quite proficient at all of them.

I wonder if they're doing that thing with the cheap tickets they did with the last tour's cheap tickets - some of the cheap tickets had a "surprise" location. You might be in the nosebleeds, or you might be very close.

That's an awesome idea. Had they played in Seattle, I absolutely would have gone (even if I'd ended up in the nosebleeds).

It was good idea, until I ended up in horrible balcony nosebleeds on the side of the stage in Boston that had half the stage blocked by the hanging PA system. Easily amongst the worst seats in the house.

Didn't stay there long, found some empty seats down low.

That's not fair at all. Buy the new live album out today. You'll see that DLR still sounds pretty good.

Live albums are doctored all the time. Have you seen/heard the Kimmel performances?

Live albums are doctored all the time. Have you seen/heard the Kimmel performances?

According to the band it's completely live. If you compare it to YouTube videos, it's the same vocals. Plus I trust the band.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Anyone know when the next album "Songs Of Experience" will be released? I've heard 18 months that would put it toward the end of 2016 when I think the tour will be nearly over. If that's the case, they should have just called this the Innocence Tour then.

If they were smart they would just delay the tour until Experience is finished and then release it to coincide with the tour. The only people who would be affected would be a handful of cities they are bothering to play so its no big deal. Unless of course you are the guy in LA or NY who has tickets for 7 or 8 shows.

I thought it was clear that those latest dates were the final ones? I didn't expect them to announce any more shows for this year after the last shows were announced. I think we can safely assume now that Dublin won't be happening anytime soon.

They can announce the Dublin dates 1 month in advance and it would still be a success. I don't know what you're whining about...

Also since the Dublin show(s) were supposed to be fundraisers, they might be considered "outside" of the tour.

After watching the Van Halen videos from Jimmy Kemmel I'm glad I'm a diehard U2 fan.

I saw Van Halen in 2012 and they were ok. Roth wasn't very good but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was away for so long. But that Kemmel performance.....WOW :huh:

I thought it was clear that those latest dates were the final ones? I didn't expect them to announce any more shows for this year after the last shows were announced. I think we can safely assume now that Dublin won't be happening anytime soon.

You do realise that December is still eight whole months away?

I'm surprised there are still U2 tickets available at every price level for the June 7 show at the Pepsi Center in Denver. Back in 2011, U2 played to 78,000 people at one show at Invesco Field in Denver on the 360 tour. This time they are playing two shows at the Pepsi Center which over two nights would be a combined capacity of 37,000 and there are still tickets left for the second show. So it seems that demand for U2 tickets is down by about 50% or more, at least in Denver. This sort of feels like the demand levels the band had during Popmart in 1997. I wonder what happened or what would explain this rather large decline in demand from just the last tour?

I wonder what happened or what would explain this rather large decline in demand from just the last tour?

1410298865_u2-apple-together-article.jpg

That's nearly the best song on the album, and certainly the one that would have the best chance at radio except for maybe Volcano.

Still think that they exhausted a good chunk of the demand on the last tour.

Well, you could say that about every concert tour. What explains why demand seems so much less now for this tour than it was 5 years ago? I mean, they had to sell 78,000 tickets on the last tour to exhaust demand in Denver, and now they are exhausting demand in Denver after selling just 35,000 tickets.

I wonder how many people just don't know about it, since they've done zero promotion in the US?

Isnt it the same with every big artist now??i mean is there anyone selling out tours now?

Madonna has just had a hit album but selling pretty much same amount of tickets, times change

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wonder how many people just don't know about it, since they've done zero promotion in the US?

I think there's a lot to this.

Case in point - two FB friends of mine that are buying my extra Chicago GA tickets had NO IDEA about the tour. Sure, you could say they're living under a rock, but I don't think that's it. U2's fan base is obviously aging, and many of these peeps simply have other priorites now (kids).

I'm guessing it's a combination of all the factors suggested: 360 clearly being scheduled to mop up a massive amount of demand, the backlash against the Apple thing, the failure to have a big single two albums in a row, the fact the last album to have a big single was over a decade ago, and a lack of promotion after Bono's injury. Put those together and you're definitely not going to see sales on the same level as 360.

Back
Top Bottom