2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It makes the whole out of context sponsorship thing a lot more palatable. I'd rather they be sponsored by someone like this than some out of touch music-related entity that is afraid to make a stand.

Which goes to show - maybe U2 DO know what they are doing, in who they choose to associate with, in business matters. *gasp*

Actually, the more I think about this, the more proud of them I am. Both parties. Salesforce and U2. The business I'm in uses a more diverse corporate reporting software system, but this makes me wish we could go to Salesforce.

Some clarity would be fucking phenomenal. I'd like to see U2 in Ireland before they retire or I die. Some sort of ability to actually plan that trip would be wondrous.

Of course they don't owe me or any fans anything, but yea... a wee bit of information would be swell.

Agreed. I've been holding off going to all Amsterdam shows because I want to go to Dublin instead and get a bit of holidaying in Ireland in like last tour, but it'd be nice to get some information on what timeframe we're looking at. Winter, summer, whatever?

Agreed. I've been holding off going to all Amsterdam shows because I want to go to Dublin instead and get a bit of holidaying in Ireland in like last tour, but it'd be nice to get some information on what timeframe we're looking at. Winter, summer, whatever?

Couldn't agree more with you two (ha). My country is in recess, dollar and Euro prices are high up in the air, I have to program my vacations, and everything. I really hope they'll say something before the tour kicks in

Does anyone think its likely new U.S. cities could be added to the tour for these dates?

June 9, 10

June 20, 21

Its hard to believe that as of now, only seven U.S. cities will get to experience a tour for an album released in September/October 2014 until sometime in the year 2016.

Does anyone think its likely new U.S. cities could be added to the tour for these dates?

June 9, 10

June 20, 21

Its hard to believe that as of now, only seven U.S. cities will get to experience a tour for an album released in September/October 2014 until sometime in the year 2016.

Possible but unlikely. This appears to be it.

June 9, 10

June 20, 21

Denver is June 7, and Montreal is June 12th. There's not really any time to add anything in there and make the move across the continent, the original plan was to go from LA on June 8th to Montreal.

June 20-21, it seems like they blacked these dates out for a reason. Seems like they should've put some Chicago dates here. Being on a weekend, they'd have sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

9 and 10 June would also break the 2 days on/2 days off pattern to which they have adhered rigidly.

I'm guessing 20 and 21 June is simply a mid-tour breather. Many of their tour legs in the past have had such a gap scheduled.

You would think that they would make an announcement that there isnt going to be any more dates added. Im expecting them to add a couple more and say these are the last dates to be added.

They still haven't come out and said no more Chicago shows. They may still try for the 6th show on July 3rd. If they'd lower prices, it'd sell out. At this current rate, they're going to need to lower the prices in those lower-middle bowl tickets to get them all sold for July. 2nd.

Also, they really need to add 2 more shows in Turin. Why Chicago gets 5 while all of Italy gets 2 is just not smart math.

They still haven't come out and said no more Chicago shows. They may still try for the 6th show on July 3rd. If they'd lower prices, it'd sell out. At this current rate, they're going to need to lower the prices in those lower-middle bowl tickets to get them all sold for July. 2nd.

Also, they really need to add 2 more shows in Turin. Why Chicago gets 5 while all of Italy gets 2 is just not smart math.

I would be expecting several stadium dates for Italy next year so they won't miss out (assuming they don't alter their plans)

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok, I admit it, I have too much time on my hands this morning. I have no work on Sunday, my wife is doing homework for her college classes, my 2 kids are watching cartoons… I was bored. So I counted up how many tickets are still available for Chicago 5, July 2nd. I'm mainly interested in this because it's a show I am attended, and I wanted to know how bad the sales were. It really didn't take me that long to do. I also turned off the "RESALE" option. These are just the tickets that haven't been sold yet, to scalpers or legitimate concert goers.

There are currently 2,396 unsold tickets for Chicago 5. To find the capacity, I referenced the Vertigo Tour shows at the United Center. The capacity then was 19,407, according to the Billboard Boxscore numbers. I'm sure capacity will be a little different for this tour, but it'll be roughly the same. A simple equation tells me that this concert is 88% sold, not counting what scalpers haven't sold. That's really not bad. This concert is definitely the worst selling show on the whole tour, so that's actually not bad. It has over 3 months to close that 12%, and I think it'll come close. I imagine eventually they will slash prices on the deluxe packages, and the mid-level $300.

Again, I do have a life… just not much of one this morning… and I'm okay with that! :wink:

Just did Chicago 4 out of curiosity. There are 1,773 unsold tickets for the 6/29 show in Chicago, which translates to the show being 91% sold. If you'd have told me a year ago U2 wouldn't immediately sell out 4-5 arena shows in Chicago, I wouldn't have believed it.

The difference is Chicago 4 seems to have mostly nosebleed seats that aren't sold, whereas Chicago 5 seems to have more of the expensive seats unsold, and the upper levels have been staggered so that every 2nd row is sold out all the way up, and now they're filling in. By show day, both shows will be full enough that there won't be any noticeable amount of empty seats.

The first 3 shows are sold out, save for the occasional single here or there.

If you'd have told me a year ago U2 wouldn't immediately sell out 4-5 arena shows in Chicago, I wouldn't have believed it.

I think with the price hikes and lack of promo they're doing amazingly well. How many other acts could sell out almost 96% of tickets for FIVE arena shows in Chicago at U2 prices? I can't think of one, but feel free to correct me.

I think with the price hikes and lack of promo they're doing amazingly well. How many other acts could sell out almost 96% of tickets for FIVE arena shows in Chicago at U2 prices? I can't think of one, but feel free to correct me.

Even today's hottest young stars like Katy Perry or Bruno Mars couldn't do that. Possibly Taylor Swift. The Stones managed 3 shows at the UC in 2013, but they didn't use the seats behind the stage. Madonna might be able to do 2 shows there, and ACDC could probably do 2-3. U2 are still in a class of their own. Once the Billboard numbers roll out, everybody will still realize U2 are the biggest draw in the world. Even if they only got 5 shows in LA instead of 8!!

I totally agree. Im just going off the london shows and ive seen no promo for it at all.

Theres a rock radio channel called absolute radio that ran an advert but thats all ive heard or seen

Its as if you have to look for the shows to know about them. Generally people dont know about this tour.

London 1-5 have sold out but theres still tickets left for london 6. A little bit of promotion (tv adverts/newspaper articels etc) and they will soon be sold

and the upper levels have been staggered so that every 2nd row is sold out all the way up, and now they're filling in.

Do we actually know that every 2nd row is sold out or is it possible they haven't even released them yet and the rows we see for sale are the first set of staggered tickets? Could be pretty lonely up there if so!

PS somewhat reassuring to hear I am not the only person alive to have counted individual seats up before.

PS somewhat reassuring to hear I am not the only person alive to have counted individual seats up before.

lol I almost didn't even post my findings, lest the extent of my loser-ness be exposed! Haha! I used to kind of be cool, once upon a time. But now I'm just a married Dad!

Long time no see, guys!

Let me ask: do you know anything about the Dublin dates? IIRC, sometime last year, they told it was something special coming on and Music Rising was involved, but nothing more surfaced about it...I don't have enough time to be here like before, so I just wanted to know if there are some news about it...:hmm:

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I feel U2 are going to shaft us with the Dublin gigs.

They will spin some yarn that due to logistics/demand they cant play indoor gigs in Ireland this year but they will be back next Summer for outdoor gigs .

Almost all of the other European gigs are sold out yet they haven't announced any Irish gigs which is ludicrous .

Jesus people, calm down. There is obviously more to the tour, be patient, no one is "shafting" or "spinning yarn". No one is cheating you out by keeping the stage a secret. Just breathe folks...

Any prospective indoor Ireland shows this year are still 8-9 months out, still plenty of time for them to announce them for, you know, people who actually live in Ireland, to buy them.

More blocks released for london 5.£55 tickets. Theres alot of tickets left for london 6. Can still get 8 tickets together in alot of blocks

1-4 are sold out.

Did they spend their entire advertising budget on cocaine Bono's rehabilitation? Seriously people, get your shit together and promote these concerts so that the tickets actually sell.

A word of caution, advice.

wednesday is april fools day last year some people on another forum created a 'fake album release' for the occasion. Discussion about setlists for the coming tour, lack of concrete rehearsal leaks and Bono's injuries make this tour a prime candidate for any made up stories this year. Be careful what you believe over the next 48 hours and don't let idiots embarrass you.

Lol, very little people on here believe anything on april's fools, nor on the Spanish fools day in december. :wink: We're all cynical bastards here.

Did they spend their entire advertising budget on cocaine Bono's rehabilitation? Seriously people, get your shit together and promote these concerts so that the tickets actually sell.

I guess they figure that with 7 months to go before these London shows happen there is simply no need to go overboard as the tickets will sell at a trickle until then. Whether that theory is correct is another thing...

Back
Top Bottom