2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there really whole sections left?

The reason i say this is because on the london o2 site when you are searching for tickets it shows the full blocks that are left but it dosent mean the whole block is empty,it just means theres seats left in this block.

Theres only single tickets left for 4 out of the 5 o2 dates but it still shows the full block on the ticketing site

Is this the same case?

When you zoom in on the seating plans on TM, you see exactly what is available, and yes, there are substantial parts of a couple of lower sections (basically corner sections next to the "back" sections) that have rows of seats available. The seats available are all $312 tix or $500+ VIP seats. I think it is definitely a case of price-resistance rather than lack of desire, I think TPTB think there are more rich suckers out there than there actually are...

Are there really whole sections left?

The reason i say this is because on the london o2 site when you are searching for tickets it shows the full blocks that are left but it dosent mean the whole block is empty,it just means theres seats left in this block.

Theres only single tickets left for 4 out of the 5 o2 dates but it still shows the full block on the ticketing site

Is this the same case?

At least on the US ticket master, for most shows you can actually see an overhead view of the arena, and look at exactly which seats are still available, and pick from those seats. The final MSG show, for example, is 90% sold out, except a bunch of $300 tickets. These tickets are in sections that appear to be far from the stage. According to their map, it has an end stage. It'd be nice if we could know where exactly the stage will be located on the floor, as it might help people make an informed buying decision.

At least on the US ticket master, for most shows you can actually see an overhead view of the arena, and look at exactly which seats are still available, and pick from those seats. The final MSG show, for example, is 90% sold out, except a bunch of $300 tickets. These tickets are in sections that appear to be far from the stage. According to their map, it has an end stage. It'd be nice if we could know where exactly the stage will be located on the floor, as it might help people make an informed buying decision.

the MSG map doesn't show an end stage. it shows a stage that takes up the entire floor.

60389s_a.gif

the sections in question are the ones furthest away from the Red Zones.

what's strange is that the schematic of the stage from the San Jose seating chart, which is too accurate to not be real...

8091.jpg

... the red zones appear to be near the B stage. or at least what looks like the B stage based on the seating layout.

it would be nice if they just showed us what it's going to friggin look like

soo a look at a generic end stage layout for MSG shows that the layout is actually the exact same as san jose, just that the seating chart is flipped. and the sections that haven't sold yet are actually side stage and rear stage sections.

madison-square-garden-end-stage-2171.gif

60389s_a.gif

if the stage is, in fact, open... then those open sections are some of the best seats in the house. of course without the band revealing the stage to the public, most are just going on assumptions

There are going to be some really pissed off people in the stands if they all bought tickets worth multiple hundreds of dollars on the right side of the first seating chart expecting to be really close to the main stage (what with the Red Zone areas looking like they are probably closer to the main stage), only to find out when they get there that it's on the other side of the arena and they're near the B-stage. That's a really misleading graphic if that's the case.

Yet another reason for them to announce the layout I guess - sell those tickets that look a lot worse on the seating chart than they actually are.

Further proof we're all borderline fools as consumers of U2 tix. We hand over our money months in advance for seats to a show that we don't know the design of and therefore whether we bought good, bad or ok seats. And we often panic buy over a perception of scarcity value that many times does not exist or is artificially created by the band/TM holding back tickets and not disclosing the number of performances in some cities.

It sucks. Yet I willingly participate.

Further proof we're all borderline fools as consumers of U2 tix. We hand over our money months in advance for seats to a show that we don't know the design of and therefore whether we bought good, bad or ok seats. And we often panic buy over a perception of scarcity value that many times does not exist or is artificially created by the band/TM holding back tickets and not disclosing the number of performances in some cities.

:lol:
One more advantage with GA I guess, lots of flexability in your location, once the stage layout is known. Though, being short, that San Jose map scares me a bit. As the catwalk is perpendicular to the main stage it offers absolutely no help with site lines towards the main stage. So the rail with good views of the main stage will be very limited. As the catwalk is central, it will actually also mean Bono is a little further away from the fans right at the front of stage.

Really wish it was an ellipse type catwalk, never been to an arena show with that setup. :sad:

I keep going back to the Billboard article: "with the staging in the middle of the bowl and spanning the length of the arena floor" and "arenas will be sold to full capacity, with views of the stage from all angles" point to the generic/every-venue-except-SJ U2 chart as the likely case. But none of us know for sure at this point... :doh:

Why are we fools? I couldn't give a shit what the stage looks like, I buy tickets to see the band perform... :shrug:

still GA's left for London. quite surprised, managed to get one with no hassle, I assumed they'd be wiped out now!

still GA's left for London. quite surprised, managed to get one with no hassle, I assumed they'd be wiped out now!

There all gone apart from the £90 and £165 tickets

U2/livenation havent done anything to promote these gigs here. The first 4 dates had abit of promotion but you would only know about the 6th date if you looked for it.

so I see! still, nearly two hours to shift all the GA tickets (on AXS at least - there was still tickets for the left side of the stage when I posted that) that's pretty mad for U2 :huh:

and yeah the promotion seems a bit slack here, not really noticed anything anywhere (though I haven't flicked through a music mag in WHSmith's in a while) besides an article on nme.com of all places saying the 6th date had been announced.

I keep going back to the Billboard article: "with the staging in the middle of the bowl and spanning the length of the arena floor" and "arenas will be sold to full capacity, with views of the stage from all angles" point to the generic/every-venue-except-SJ U2 chart as the likely case. But none of us know for sure at this point... :doh:

so you think there's a better chance that the stage looks like a generic block than a highly detailed schematic?

can i have what you're having?

Got my GA's for London too. Curiously it only offered me a maximum of 2 GA tickets, but I wanted 3. So I just purchased 1 in the initial transaction, then went back in & tried again. This time I was offered a maximum of 8 GA tickets. Weird!

GAs for London 6 for me as well!!
My (probably final) itinerary:

Berlin 1
London 3, 4 and 6

And still one Experience code saved for Dublin...

I can't wait, first time seeing U2 indoors!! :hyper:

GAs for London 6 for me as well!!
My (probably final) itinerary:

Berlin 1
London 3, 4 and 6

And still one Experience code saved for Dublin...

I can't wait, first time seeing U2 indoors!! :hyper:

Are you doing GA for Berlin 1? If so....let's make it an interference party :applaud:

so you think there's a better chance that the stage looks like a generic block than a highly detailed schematic?

can i have what you're having?

I didn't bring enough for the entire class. The differences raise some questions. Why would there be a screen running down the center of the arena if they weren't playing under it? Why would livenation/ticketmaster not have an accurate seating map for a major tour? Why would a defacto press release on Billboard.com be misleading? When will all the rhetorical questions end?

knitting-and-knitting.jpg

It makes sense to me that the next step from 360 would be an actual center stage, but as I said, none of us know for sure right now.

I didn't bring enough for the entire class. The differences raise some questions. Why would there be a screen running down the center of the arena if they weren't playing under it? Why would livenation/ticketmaster not have an accurate seating map for a major tour? Why would a defacto press release on Billboard.com be misleading? When will all the rhetorical questions end?

knitting-and-knitting.jpg

It makes sense to me that the next step from 360 would be an actual center stage, but as I said, none of us know for sure right now.

See the diamond shaped dotted lines cutting over the stage diagram that go the length of The Shaft?

I bet ya a nickel that's the screen.

Long time no see, guys!

Let me ask: do you know anything about the Dublin dates? IIRC, sometime last year, they told it was something special coming on and Music Rising was involved, but nothing more surfaced about it...I don't have enough time to be here like before, so I just wanted to know if there are some news about it...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom