2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt they are paying a huge orchestra, probably what 4-5 pieces, I doubt the cost is that prohibitive, especially since they appear to not be paying an opening act at this point.

They should have Elbow as the opening band for the entire tour! Elbow tours with a 4-5 piece mini-orchestra, and they could do double duty for both bands!

Who should I talk to about this genius idea???

srgdf_zpsaf130830.gif

I'm willing to cut the band some slack on promotion due to Bono's accident, but they appear to have no ability or desire to adapt their promotional model.

There are 3 other band members that are perfectly capable of showing up on radio and tv talk shows...or interacting on social media...gawd, even just posting some behind the scenes making of the album footage...anything.

Overall it's really absurd for the band to ask to be considered the "biggest band in the world" or even "relevant" when they give the impression that they care less about their own album than even many fans seem to.

The tour will be great, but this is a band that is acting their age....

They have plenty of ability and desire. It's a little hard to promote your new album when your singer is down.

I kind of want to know what I spent nearly $1,000 on tickets on......:huh:

Less than 2 months to go and still no idea what this tour is about.

In the age of internet and attention spans of hamsters, I like the hype machine down for once and some stealth back (reminds me of the sudden SOI splash on the Apple Iphone launch). Maybe they'll be able to keep it all secret right up until May 14.

I've accepted that U2 jumped the shark when it comes to corporate deals back in 2004, but at least they went with a product that was music driven and at least gave off the perception that it wasn't about the money by not being paid for the commercial (psst, here's a secret... it was about the money).

And the Blackberry thing on 360... alright fine. Another tech company, a few years too late. But whatever.

But this? This is them just not giving a shit anymore.

I get that corporate money is corporate money no matter where it comes from... but I would at least feel better if it were, say, iNnocence and eXperience brought to you by Guinness vs. a company that helps businesses with better lead generation.

I hope U2 at least got the Glengarry leads out of this deal. Those leads are fucking gold.

They had a sponspor for Popmart dates in S. America.

Luckily, most people won't/don't care.

But there's a chance they are paying an orchestra this time around as well...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Where the hell did that rumour come from?:crack:

If they would to this, and if it would work... Hmmm.

And I mean a proper orchestra. Not a quartet or something like that.
I really might reconsider my opinion!

But I know better than to believe this kind of stuff before I see it.

They had a sponspor for Popmart dates in S. America.

Luckily, most people won't/don't care.

South American promoters bring in sponsors, not the band.

And I said I gave up any thoughts of the band not being in bed with sponsors a long time ago. Apparently you missed that one.

The issue is more with what the actual sponsor does and not so much a sponsor in general.

Keep fucking that chicken.

salesforce is in no way related to facebook or twitter. one is for business growth, the others are for social networking.

Salesforce IS networking. Business, yes. It's Facebook FOR business. Nearly everyone uses it.

For example. I'm about to send a message to a sales rep who works alongside our company. I am sending this message using Salesforce.

Salesforce IS networking. Business, yes. It's Facebook FOR business. Nearly everyone uses it.

For example. I'm about to send a message to a sales rep who works alongside our company. I am sending this message using Salesforce.

Yes, I know what it is. I've used it as well.

It's not something Joe Q Public works ever use, like the other two you mentioned.

They have plenty of ability and desire. It's a little hard to promote your new album when your singer is down.

If they have the ability and desire to adapt their promotional model why haven't they done so? All 4 band members were not injured.

When the tour starts, I'm not going to give a turkey about the sponsor unless it's plastered all over the stage and Bono comes out wearing a Salesforce branded bicycle helmet.

Doesn't change its lameness.

At The Show

Bono: You know customer relationships is everything in business. And thanks to Salesforce you too (cheers)....can share...that relationship...for someone...This is 'Song For Someone'

Crowd: CHEERS

You got a face...

once again, we are seriously lacking any news that i care about...like stage setup or the whole "different show every night" thingamabob.:doh:

There are about 2 whole sections and two half sections still available for the final two MSG shows.

That's because they are premium priced in middling locations. If they still haven't sold most of those by a month before the show, then watch them drop to a middling price, like they did with the middle shows of the stand - my Sec 120s for NY 5 and 6 only cost $118 apiece, whereas for the first/last two shows they are $312, and the Sec 2 I have (also at $118) for NY 3 were VIP Fan tix at $240 for at least the last two shows.

Are there really whole sections left?

The reason i say this is because on the london o2 site when you are searching for tickets it shows the full blocks that are left but it dosent mean the whole block is empty,it just means theres seats left in this block.

Theres only single tickets left for 4 out of the 5 o2 dates but it still shows the full block on the ticketing site

Is this the same case?

Back
Top Bottom