2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe the SFS thing is for the tour

But still, this is THE WORST album promotion I've seen ever.
I've seen Oseary just 3-4 times on twitter.

1st time retwetting things about the SOI releas on that very day
Then for the release of Madonna's album, doing the same
Then with Madonna at the Grammys
Then last week doing the same retweetting thing for Madonna's album

I don't know who's fault really is. Maybe is the band's. But still, if they struggle for not being irrelevant, well guess what, you're there and you're doing NOTHING about it.

Obviously Bono's accident prolly has a lot to do with it but as someone earlier has said very strange decisions indeed.

Probably is the band's - I've been of the mind that the band is basically managing themselves these days using Oseary's staff and infrastructure to do the execution and day-to-day stuff.

I'm willing to cut the band some slack on promotion due to Bono's accident, but they appear to have no ability or desire to adapt their promotional model.

There are 3 other band members that are perfectly capable of showing up on radio and tv talk shows...or interacting on social media...gawd, even just posting some behind the scenes making of the album footage...anything.

Overall it's really absurd for the band to ask to be considered the "biggest band in the world" or even "relevant" when they give the impression that they care less about their own album than even many fans seem to.

The tour will be great, but this is a band that is acting their age....

I'm willing to cut the band some slack on promotion due to Bono's accident, but they appear to have no ability or desire to adapt their promotional model.

There are 3 other band members that are perfectly capable of showing up on radio and tv talk shows...or interacting on social media...gawd, even just posting some behind the scenes making of the album footage...anything.

Overall it's really absurd for the band to ask to be considered the "biggest band in the world" or even "relevant" when they give the impression that they care less about their own album than even many fans seem to.

The tour will be great, but this is a band that is acting their age....

Very well said, agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I kind of want to know what I spent nearly $1,000 on tickets on......:huh:

Less than 2 months to go and still no idea what this tour is about.

With the 6th London show, what are the chances more shows/cities are announced (probably wishful thinking on my part)? Or are we pretty much tapped out of new show announcements?

With the 6th London show, what are the chances more shows/cities are announced (probably wishful thinking on my part)? Or are we pretty much tapped out of new show announcements?
I think a 2nd Denver show would be the last one.

I kind of want to know what I spent nearly $1,000 on tickets on......:huh:

Less than 2 months to go and still no idea what this tour is about.

It's about 70 dates.

There's the matter of the Dublin shows that they confirmed would take place towards the end of the year. They may just do a handful of arena shows, as Croke Park is rumored for 2016.

There was a rumor of 2 extra shows in Cologne on oct 21-22, which would fit with the schedule, and I think the demand is there. Haven't heard much about this in awhile though.

Chicago has room for a 6th show on July 3rd. Given the amount of tickets still available for the 4th and especially 5th Chicago show, adding a 6th night would be a stretch. Same situation in LA.

As said before, Denver will get a 2nd show on June 7, unless ticket sales are really poor for the first one, which I can't forsee..

For those who remember.

Did they announce any designs/pictures of the ZOO TV production before the tour kicked off?

For those who remember.

Did they announce any designs/pictures of the ZOO TV production before the tour kicked off?

We're talking 1992 here. The internet was in its infancy to say the least. (Al Gore was still fine tuning his invention)

The first I heard anything about the stage setup was in a newspaper article after the beginning of the tour and there was a piece on MTV news after the opening night. Article had pictures of the hanging Trabants and screens.

"Not sure what this tour is about" Erm is it not about going to see U2 live?

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Powered by Salesforce -- SAN FRANCISCO, March 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

SAN FRANCISCO, March 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced that the U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 will be powered by Salesforce as part of a global sponsorship agreement.

index_zps6d93465d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom