2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled GAs for Wed and Thurs at MSG 2 hours after they went on sale after having zero luck at 10am.

Ticketmaster you crazy bastards

GA the 3rd night of MSG, Red Zone the 4th night.

It was hellacious earlier today, and my apt. lost its Internet connection around 10:30 am. I decided it wasn't worth getting upset about, and did other things for a while. Went back on about 1 pm...success.

Seems like most people are getting what they wanted, albeit sometimes after a little stress. Makes me think not to do is panic if TM is slow and shuts you out when the presale opens, and to just, breathe, and try logging on a bit later. Chances are there will still be tickets available, especially in cities where the strict CC rules are in effect.

Hopefully that holds true for the Day 2 presales as well. And if tickets in your price range are sold out but you're lucky enough to live in a city with multiple more shows (and pre-sales) likely to be announced, don't panic and use your code to get a ticket way out of your price range for the show that already is announced. U2 certainly aren't going to turn down the chance to make more money by having more shows - in fact, they seem to clearly already have planned for it. That's what I'm thinking anyway. :wink:

I think it will depend on how many people have already used their codes. If 90% of the codes were already used, then it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to do additional fan club presales for the added shows.

u2.com says "Your un-used pre-sale ticketing access code will be valid to use if further shows are announced."

I can see them having pre-sales, in order to get more subscriptions.

Problem is for people wanting to go to multiple shows.
It doesnt' stop people from going to multiple shows.

For me I'm a hard ticket collector. I don't even like paper print out tickets. Plus what if something happens to the credit card you used between now and May? That's a long time and it could create a hassle. I'd just rather have a hard ticket in my hand.
I hear ya on collecting hard copy tickets

I'm sure there are more reasons but......

Some of us don't have a cc.
It eliminates the ability to trade.
If you get a block of tickets (post presale, for example) for friends, you *must* enter together....so if someone is sick/late/etc.... Or if you're hardcore and line up all day and the other person can't/doesn't want to...
How in the world are you buying tickets now if you don't have a CC? I understand the trading thing is a bit of a bummer but don't most people plan to get tickets for the shows they plan on attending anyways? I bought tickets today and it never asked me for names of friends attending with me. I can bring anybody I want. If a friend doesn't want to wait in line, get a different friend.

Not everyone's situation is straightforward. We have a little bit of a trading community here, at face value, of course, that allows people the flexibility to change their plans or spread out the love so to speak across a few shows.
I understand that as I've traded with people on this site last tour. But still for people to be really upset about this?

I understand it's not the most ideal way but I really think people are making a way bigger deal out of the CC thing than it actually is.

Anyone know how much Red Zone tickets will be in Toronto Show?

Man, did my heart skip beat after beat this morning buying tickets. I saw "Buy GA Tickets" for a second, then disappeared. Think you only had a couple seconds to click "Buy". Then spinning looking over and over. Tried logging in again... 15 minutes went buy, finally got to click "Buy" on GA tickets... went through credit card payment, clicked final submit button, then got server error. Thought I was screwed, swearing a blue-streak. Then got email with confirmation of my ticket purchase. Holy shit that was most nerve-wrecking U2 concert buying experience ever!!!! (Have seen them over times now).

Will probably get my friend to get U2 membership and try to Red Zone tomorrow, but couldn't see what the price was. Please let me know if you know Toronto or other North American shows.

Toronto Red Zone were $392 each.

Toronto Red Zone tickets were $392 each

Paperless for GA is fair because most of those people are diehards that are going to make sure they attend.

Paperless for the rest of the seats would be a big no-no. The best seated pair of tickets are about $700 combined...it would be cruelly unfair to not give those people the option of selling their tickets if they couldn't make the show.

So anyone that picked up SEATS today.....are they Cc-only paperless just like the GA's are?

I had the option of a physical ticket for the O2 London night where I'm in a seat but chose an electronic ticket simply cos it was free. My GA ticket for the night after is paperless

GRRRR! I'm trying to tix and I'm getting a message stating "We were unable to process your request. Try again later." I originally got GA tix, hit the search again button and came up with that message. It won't let me reenter my presale code. Any advice? On hold with ticketmaster now to see what happened. I hope I don't get locked out.

Anyone else run into that problem?

GRRRR! I'm trying to tix and I'm getting a message stating "We were unable to process your request. Try again later." I originally got GA tix, hit the search again button and came up with that message. It won't let me reenter my presale code. Any advice? On hold with ticketmaster now to see what happened. I hope I don't get locked out.

Anyone else run into that problem?

Keep entering the presale code - mine worked about 40% of the time that I entered it

I wonder what demand in general will be like for the public sale? Will it actually be that difficult to get tix? In the times of Justin Bieber and 1D it might not be?

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder what demand in general will be like for the public sale? Will it actually be that difficult to get tix? In the times of Justin Bieber and 1D it might not be?

Considering that it took hours for the limited amount of people who had codes today, Monday is going to be a clusterfuck

Did you not read any stats from the 360 tour?it wasnt that long ago it finshed (2011)

Monday is going to be chaos,it wont take long for them to sell out,minutes!

Ive got two today so anything more is a bonus!

Did you not read any stats from the 360 tour?it wasnt that long ago it finshed (2011)

Monday is going to be chaos,it wont take long for them to sell out,minutes!

Ive got two today so anything more is a bonus!

I'm going from total pessimism to insane hope! :-S

Paperless for GA is fair because most of those people are diehards that are going to make sure they attend.

Paperless for the rest of the seats would be a big no-no. The best seated pair of tickets are about $700 combined...it would be cruelly unfair to not give those people the option of selling their tickets if they couldn't make the show.

Soooo you can sell paperless tickets through Ticketmaster. It's their way of a) preventing scalpers, and b) keeping the second hand market to themselves

It sucks for places like this who do legitimate trading and selling of tickets for face value as a fantastic service for real fans... but I guess there's a negative side to everything.

Soooo you can sell paperless tickets through Ticketmaster. It's their way of a) preventing scalpers, and b) keeping the second hand market to themselves

It sucks for places like this who do legitimate trading and selling of tickets for face value as a fantastic service for real fans... but I guess there's a negative side to everything.

Yup. That's what people don't realize -- TicketMaster has their own secondary market, and they want to keep it in-house, and not let StubHub or other secondary sites get ahold of tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom