2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my tickets for PHX night 2 they had the interactive map on. There were quite a few seats to choose from the lower bowl.

2 GAs opening night in my backyard (Van)!!! :hyper:

I have to say that this was easy as pie. I was done in 5 minutes. Now the real fight begins for night 2.

So here's what $595 gets you:

"U2 VIP California Sunset Package includes a Premium reserved price level 1 ticket, Pre-show buffet dinner and bar (beer & wine) *food offerings may vary, U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public, Access to the VIP merchandise stand, One parking space per order (where available), Entry into a drawing for a pre-show backstage tour, and an On-site VIP concierge."

Again I get the CC thing isn't ideal but why are so many people genuinely upset about this? Did most of you plan on reselling your tickets or simply not attending the show? I must be missing something here because to me if you plan on attending and not reselling your ticket it isn't that big of a deal.

Not everyone's situation is straightforward. We have a little bit of a trading community here, at face value, of course, that allows people the flexibility to change their plans or spread out the love so to speak across a few shows.

any thoughts on strategy tomorrow....

looking to go to Toronto. have innocence code. prepared to pay for RZ tics too and want to go to both, if not all shows... ;-)

so should i try with code for GA only and try for second show? or just go after RZ tics with pre-sale? or do you think RZ would be easier to get on Monday?

only looking for 2 to each show...hopefully 4 shows... ;-)

Got my Vancouver 1 and 2 tix - one through the app, one via the web, both smooth as silk! My appreciation to those who had to sweat through their sales.

Sigh....not the news I was hoping for, but thanks!!

yup. for honest folk who trade at face, it sure does suck donkey balls. and the odd thing is, scalpers still get tickets. i did, however, notice for the black keys concert, in which the pit was CC only, i only ever saw one ticket for sale on SHUB...perhaps that our scalpers in Toronto are too lazy to bother with the effort....at least that gets me hoping it wont be too bad for GA tomorrow...

stupid thing hope is...

how long are people waiting for an email confirmation from TM?

Just log into your account and go to the orders page, if you see it there you're good. I got an email for one Vancouver but not the other but both are on my orders page.

Just log into your account and go to the orders page, if you see it there you're good. I got an email for one Vancouver but not the other but both are on my orders page.
thanks. have the order in my TM account just no email. didn't know if i needed to be worried.

so we all just sit around now with no ticket and hope our CC works at the gate on the day of the show? yay!

yup. for honest folk who trade at face, it sure does suck donkey balls. and the odd thing is, scalpers still get tickets. i did, however, notice for the black keys concert, in which the pit was CC only, i only ever saw one ticket for sale on SHUB...perhaps that our scalpers in Toronto are too lazy to bother with the effort....at least that gets me hoping it wont be too bad for GA tomorrow...

stupid thing hope is...

I will admit the potential for there to be little to no scalping makes me happy :)

I got my tickets but, wow, Ticketmaster stinks! I lost one set because I kept hitting the "buy" button and it would just spin and say there was an error. Then time ran out! Fortunately the next tickets that came up were better seats and I was able to purchase. That was 20 minutes of panic though! I hate ticket stress. Please do stadiums next year when it is not as big of an issue.

I've got a stupid question, so fair warning...

If they announce more dates in the next coming weeks, there should be a pre-sale opportunity for subscribers (assuming we don't use pre-sale codes now), right?

Anyone know how much Red Zone tickets will be in Toronto Show?

Man, did my heart skip beat after beat this morning buying tickets. I saw "Buy GA Tickets" for a second, then disappeared. Think you only had a couple seconds to click "Buy". Then spinning looking over and over. Tried logging in again... 15 minutes went buy, finally got to click "Buy" on GA tickets... went through credit card payment, clicked final submit button, then got server error. Thought I was screwed, swearing a blue-streak. Then got email with confirmation of my ticket purchase. Holy shit that was most nerve-wrecking U2 concert buying experience ever!!!! (Have seen them over times now).

Will probably get my friend to get U2 membership and try to Red Zone tomorrow, but couldn't see what the price was. Please let me know if you know Toronto or other North American shows.

If they announce more dates in the next coming weeks, there should be a pre-sale opportunity for subscribers (assuming we don't use pre-sale codes now), right?

i don't think so. during the vertigo tour, on the day they went on say to the general public, there were only 2 Toronto shows but 2 more were added that day, in fact, shortly after, and there was no pre-sale for the 2 extra shows.

They may not. In the past if it is additional shows in the same city they put them up for sale when the first couple sellout. That was how Elevation went.

Basically could be either way.

I would think so if the added shows get announced in advance. Often times the added shows will just "roll over" as the current show(s) sell out, so for example at 10:20AM Monday AM the 5th NYC show may just pop on Ticketmaster, than when it sells out at 10:23 the 6th show may show up and so on till all 8 shows sell. Don't know which way it will go until Monday, but holding a code in hopes of added presales is a risk.

I would think so if the added shows get announced in advance. Often times the added shows will just "roll over" as the current show(s) sell out, so for example at 10:20AM Monday AM the 5th NYC show may just pop on Ticketmaster, than when it sells out at 10:23 the 6th show may show up and so on till all 8 shows sell. Don't know which way it will go until Monday, but holding a code in hopes of added presales is a risk.

Thanks for all the quick responses. Thanks to a downed network, I haven't had internet access until just recently, so I missed the initial rush. Been going back and forth about whether to try for 2015 or just wait to see the band in 2016 when/if they hopefully come a little closer to home for me.

I think it will depend on how many people have already used their codes. If 90% of the codes were already used, then it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to do additional fan club presales for the added shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom