2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can tell you that the demand is certainly there for U2 right now, even if the shows aren't immediately sold out. Secondary market data is off the charts for U2 currently. Crushing anything else by a wide, wide margin today in both volume and dollars.

there are many people out there that assume that these tickets are sold out and dont bother checking the actual TM site...my office mate next to me did the same thing. bought tickets for a concert that was not sold out for 400 each and then asked me about the fees on vivid seats...i said, did you check TM...umm..no. i said well they have them for face value at 250 and they are only slightly further back...

But it makes little to no sense why anyone would buy secondary for San Jose, for example. They're trying to charge like $200 for uppers when you can still easily get $300 lowers close to the stage. Until the $300 tickets mostly sell out, the scalpers aren't going to get much more for the nosebleeds.

For the 19th, still one solitary person with a Facebook account has a seat in one of the six cheap sections.

Not looking at city specific data right now, but yeah, the San Jose market probably hasn't materialized yet.

July 2nd and 3rd for the additional Toronto dates.

Rationale:

They'll add Montreal Jun 16, 17

Additional Chicago Jun 20, 21 and if these 6 show rumours are true, Jun 28, 29

They'll celebrate Canada Day with us on their day off, rehearse, and open up Toronto on Jul 2

I say it ends up being pretty close, if not exactly that

I think they also add Jul 14, 15 to Boston

NY Jul 26, 27, 30, 31

The main clues are the ending and beginning dates for the cities already listed. Watch the pattern, they are already going 2 on 2 off. You can take any city that has blank spots and apply that rule, add 2 days off for them to get to the next city, and it works.

Sent from my ass crack

Ahhhh, my math was off because I was counting 6 shows for Montreal.....dunno where I got that from. But yes, your date estimates do work out perfectly.
Noooooooowwwww, the question is, without the instant sell outs we all expected.....do you still think these dates will get added? I mean, even NY and Boston have odd seats available.

The reseller prices also have to be taken with a grain of salt. A lot of these aren't even resells but Ticketmaster sneaking the tickets back to themselves...they might list it as sold to the band or whatever, but they just are hoarding them for themselves.

And on the other hand, there's just idiots listing these for crazy prices. If SJ is having trouble selling half the lower seats for the 19th at $300 each (now three hours after the onsale), then those tickets really aren't going to drift much higher in the coming months. A lot of those "purchased" tickets could be Ticketmaster selling to themselves or some scalpers buying some thinking they'll be rich. Again, it wouldn't surprise if some hold out scalpers wait for the secondary market to materialize and it never really does, leading them to sell the lowers for under face value.

If I were looking to gamble and not worry about tiks I would still buy SJ tuesday because there will be alot of Buzz by then and people will be looking to go again who went monday and decided they "Had" to go tuesday as well.

The reseller prices also have to be taken with a grain of salt. A lot of these aren't even resells but Ticketmaster sneaking the tickets back to themselves...they might list it as sold to the band or whatever, but they just are hoarding them for themselves.

And on the other hand, there's just idiots listing these for crazy prices. If SJ is having trouble selling half the lower seats for the 19th at $300 each (now three hours after the onsale), then those tickets really aren't going to drift much higher in the coming months. A lot of those "purchased" tickets could be Ticketmaster selling to themselves or some scalpers buying some thinking they'll be rich. Again, it wouldn't surprise if some hold out scalpers wait for the secondary market to materialize and it never really does, leading them to sell the lowers for under face value.

and given how many decent seats i see for TO1, i might be able to pick up a ticket on the day of for well below face and walk down for the show or hopefully find a person who can not use a GA closer.

Oh wow, just got the gist of "platinum seats"...they're Ticketmaster charging even more for the $300 seats. ($475 and $650 a piece for San Jose night two).

God, Oseary really came up with every friggin' trick in the book. Madonna has the sheepest fans with rich husbands to fall for this crap, but the evidence shows that a lot of U2 fans are less enthused with this nonsense.

And to think that they were selling all of the good Vertigo lower seats for $150 or $180 or whatever it was...nosebleeds were like $50...GA somewhere around that. Ugh.

The floor ticket I had for Vertigo would now be $600.

U2 priced themselves too high.

Most expensive seat should have been $180-$200 and then you can charge $300-$400 for VIP or Red Zone.

$300 is too much for anyone in concert.

I feel lucky that I got 2 GAs last Friday for Boston 1. Today I wound up getting balcony seats in section 321 (2) & 311 (2) for Boston 2. My friend and I want to keep the seats behind the stage in 321 which are 2nd row. We'll look into moving section 311 which is almost directly across the stage for below face or a swap for a potential night 3 or 4.

Also, I just tried Ticketmaster for Boston 2 & I got Loge 21 which is $300 & practically on the stage where Adam plays.

:rockon::applaud:

10734149_10154970789295397_4575042366924663457_n.jpg

Ticketmaster has been screwed up for over an hour concerning the SJ shows. You can't search for anything yet you can see and buy a bunch of available tickets via the map...

Also, concerning GA, it is possible that the fan club did indeed eat up most of these. This was hypothesized for the Vertigo tour, but the venues/ticketmaster memorably screwed over all the fans and didn't let those become available much at all during the presales. This time around, it's highly possible that a thousand fan club members purchase a pair of GA tickets for any given night. That's 2,000 GA tickets and I doubt most venues have that capacity, especially with the huge stage they're likely to have. Talking more like 1,000 - maybe. So yes, fan club presales could have exhausted nearly all of the supply.

Been tempted by Loge 21 row 9, but just can't do $300 even for a verygood/great db seat.
I turned down a pair of tickets 4 different times today for the second Montreal show because of the price. NEVER have I got tickets for a show and then hesitated let alone give them back but there was no way I was paying $300 for shitty seats, especially when one of the pairs were aisle seats and if you stepped across the aisle the ticket prices dropped by almost $200. Fuck that shit. I tried a 5th time and they gave me great seats.

I'm still really shocked that not only did I chose to give back a pair of tickets four times after having them secured but I was shocked that I was able to get through 5 times and end up with great seats finally on the 5th try.

$300 is too much. yet I paid $300 like a clown

I wouldn't be surprised. What an embarrassment.
They turn off the maps because during high demand times, it's overwhelmed. I turn them off as soon as I can-go straight to choose for me options.
the map will spin a while, then kick you off and you have to start over. This can lose you 30 seconds at the start of a sale.

Ticketmaster has been screwed up for over an hour concerning the SJ shows. You can't search for anything yet you can see and buy a bunch of available tickets via the map...

Also, concerning GA, it is possible that the fan club did indeed eat up most of these. This was hypothesized for the Vertigo tour, but the venues/ticketmaster memorably screwed over all the fans and didn't let those become available much at all during the presales. This time around, it's highly possible that a thousand fan club members purchase a pair of GA tickets for any given night. That's 2,000 GA tickets and I doubt most venues have that capacity, especially with the huge stage they're likely to have. Talking more like 1,000 - maybe. So yes, fan club presales could have exhausted nearly all of the supply.

Not quite true: friends and I got 2 GAs at 10 sharp, and again at 10:50. There were GAs, but only available on the app, for some reason. They were not available on the web or at the ticketmaster outlet.

U2 priced themselves too high.

Most expensive seat should have been $180-$200 and then you can charge $300-$400 for VIP or Red Zone.

$300 is too much for anyone in concert.

I agree fully with what you are saying, but the problem is, they charged around $250 for the best seats for 360, so they reasoned that they could easily bump that up a little and get that for arena shows. Especially when you consider that even the $300 nosebleeds get you closer to the stage than the seats did for 360.

Not quite true: friends and I got 2 GAs at 10 sharp, and again at 10:50. There were GAs, but only available on the app, for some reason. They were not available on the web or at the ticketmaster outlet.
I bought 2 GAs for San Jose 2 on a laptop and not through the app. I also bought Phoenix GAs, as well as had NYC and Vancouver GAs on my screen that wouldn't let me complete the orders.

Halup,
I agree strong argument, this is why it is so puzzling. I think they should have slightly bumped up floor prices to $100-149, because it seems people have this attitude that they will only go for Floors or not go(Which in the end I highly doubt will be the case). Shows will sell out just take longer. Lets hope they have a hard time and decide to play Arenas again in 2016.

I agree fully with what you are saying, but the problem is, they charged around $250 for the best seats for 360, so they reasoned that they could easily bump that up a little and get that for arena shows. Especially when you consider that even the $300 nosebleeds get you closer to the stage than the seats did for 360.

I don't think the problem is $300/up seats - it's the number/percentage of them at each show. For many of these shows, the vast majority of the lower bowl and even parts of the upper are $300 on up. That's just ridiculous, and not even a band of U2's popularity can expect to move these numbers of seats at these prices.

Just wait - many of those stupid $500 VIP package seats will magically turn into 'bargain' $300 seats. It's pretty sad when $200 seems cheap to go to a concert, no matter who it is.

Just checked the first 2 dates of LA, and holy crap there are a lot of seats left. Not just the $300 ones, but the $110 upper levels as well. They'll probably add 2 more shows, but I don't know if the demand exists for an additional 4 shows. Maybe they'll go somewhere else like Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, etc.

I guess all these tickets will be sold by showtime. I'm a little surprised by how many tickets are still available, but I was also surprised they were charging $300 for upper level tickets.

Hopefully they learn from this, and lower the prices accordingly for next year. While I'm sure the "apple controversy" has hurt their demand a little bit, but that's just too much money to ask people to pay. So far, Guy O$eary hasn't impressed me at all. He seems intent on running what remains of this band's reputation into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom