2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think us Innocence people can forget getting any tickets tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

Exactly what gvox said. It won't be easy, but I'm expecting a larger block of tickets, simply because of how many more fan club members likely fall into the Innocence block.

I was reading somewhere that Ticketmaster has entirely different servers to process mobile sales which must be why so many of us were so quickly successful when we tried there.

I would imagine their traffic is probably like 90% site to 10% mobile (if not higher for the site) so I may try that for Monday's public sale..

I was able to get a pair of GA's for the 1st Boston show ($169.75).

F'n miserable buying experience but we've come to expect that from our friends at Ticketmaster. Nearly 2 hours to buy tickets?!? I received an assortment of error messages that I never knew existed:doh:

Tip for all buying tomorrow: use the TM app (props to the person on Interference who suggested it:up: )

I still had one up on my monitor:

bbaresvcb({"password_changed":null,"third_party":null,"failure_info":{"session_timer_expired":1,"backend_error_code":"0x200001"},"suppress_countdown_clock":0}); :down:

Some possible tips for those trying for West Coast shows or tomorrow’s Innocence codes:

Have an account logged into Ticketmaster with your CC already entered.

If you want seats, I think you DON’T want to use the “best available tickets” option – pretty sure that it considers GA to be “best available” (can someone confirm). If you do that and get GA and want to change to seats you’ll have to start over.

If you get the “less than one minute” spinning wheel when waiting for tickets, I wouldn’t wait more than 5 minutes to either refresh or try a second browser page, despite the warning about losing your place in line.

If you get all the way to the end and it tells you the “transaction failed start again”, check your account details – mine actually went through despite the warning message that it failed.

Some have reported that the mobile app works better/faster.

I've been lurking, and I've noticed people mention prepaid gift cards.....just a warning, but my understanding is you cannot use these to buy paperless tickets.
My friend who worked a show the other week mentioned this (a couple people had bought tickets, but then couldn't get in since you need a cc with your name on it) and this was confirmed when I looked on the TM FAQ last night.

Some possible tips for those trying for West Coast shows or tomorrow’s Innocence codes:

Have an account logged into Ticketmaster with your CC already entered.

If you want seats, I think you DON’T want to use the “best available tickets” option – pretty sure that it considers GA to be “best available” (can someone confirm). If you do that and get GA and want to change to seats you’ll have to start over.

If you get the “less than one minute” spinning wheel when waiting for tickets, I wouldn’t wait more than 5 minutes to either refresh or try a second browser page, despite the warning about losing your place in line.

If you get all the way to the end and it tells you the “transaction failed start again”, check your account details – mine actually went through despite the warning message that it failed.

Some have reported that the mobile app works better/faster.

for some odd reason, the app may not show Red Zone tickets. It does not for Toronto at least when I am looking now.

I've been lurking, and I've noticed people mention prepaid gift cards.....just a warning, but my understanding is you cannot use these to buy paperless tickets.
My friend who worked a show the other week mentioned this (a couple people had bought tickets, but then couldn't get in since you need a cc with your name on it) and this was confirmed when I looked on the TM FAQ last night.

that's good to know...does the venue know that?

2a005183dad43fc9a808d81f35386be4e35fdbc42ede89f10b1304b759e7d292.jpg

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom