May 31st, 2015 - Los Angeles, CA, Forum - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:11 AM
May 31st, 2015 - Los Angeles, CA, Forum

Post your pictures, stories and experiences about this show here.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:22 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow Wow Wow! That was great. First and foremost, if you are desperate for a ticket and you find one of the obstructed view seats, TAKE IT. There's just no mad seat in the house, and this was the proof I needed. Sound was just as good as on the floor. View was excellent, I could still see the video board because I was a little to the left, it was far better than I could possibly have imagined.

As for the show, Bono was really not with us for the first like 9 or 10 songs, barely talked, kinda seemed like he didn't want to be there, his throat went out on him during the first verse of EBTTRT, etc. I honestly think they're getting bored, which would be a good thing, of course. Change shit up.

But Mysterious Ways was the catalyst for the rest of the night, for certain. Once the great dancer got pulled up on stage, and that little blow blew David from last night out of the water, Bono was certainly far more into it. I had been so settled into the idea that the rest of the show would be a "dull" as the beginning that when he snippeted "Yellow" instead of "I Remember You" that gave me a small jolt...Then of course, AIWIY...wow. I have no idea who decided we needed a hard rock version of that song, but THANK YOU. That was amazing. And when I saw the guitars being flipped at the end of the night, I was basically shrieking I was so excited. I've seen 40 before, but it's been a while.

AOH and WLCTT were far better live than I expected and I had so much fun during them. I've never seen either and they were great, plus BB's vocal being pumped in was very moving.

Tonight, though, man tonight Bullet and Pride really got to me. I can only imagine what that's going to be like in cities like Chicago and Boston, but I am almost glad I won't be in attendance, because I already got quite overly emotional during his speeches tonight. I think it was that American flag that did it. That visual reminder that we're not a country, but an idea . Anyways, enough cheese. I'm all out of shows, and I'm so glad I got to see this one.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Best show of the tour for me (out of all existing Forum and San Jose shows). Really emotional, with an energy surge, and great song selection.
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 05:11 AM
Amazing show last night and really fun being to take it all in from the stands as opposed to the floor on Saturday.

The first "act", or 10-12 songs need some work. Will post more detailed thoughts when I get home. Otherwise, it was, I think my favorite U2 show I've been to.
RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
New Yorker

Best . Show. Ever. Starting with the random Boob flashing pre show dancing lady and ending with 40. Agree Bono was really odd 1st few songs. But he pulled it together. Energy was off the charts in the crowd. And I got water thrown on my and Bono sweat and almost 2 minutes of no eyeglass Bono right in front of me. Almost speechless . Still on cloud nine
Daddysgonnapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Oh wow. I am so glad for you all. There's already a composite video boot of LA 3 circulating, so maybe we'll see one for this show! It sounds like they are really digging in and hitting full stride, and they look SO happy the last couple of shows--this is fabulous.
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Fan & Taper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
...and almost 2 minutes of no eyeglass Bono right in front of me...

one of my pics...
Chrisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
Fan & Taper

Few more...

Chrisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
There's just no mad seat in the house,.
Just the one behind the drum kit.

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
The Fly

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Beautiful night. I was at LA1 and it felt a bit flat (although at least part of that was coming from me, not the band). So thrilled (and relieved) to have experienced tonight - it was magical. Getting to hear AIWIY was so special - (I told my husband we were definitely not going to hear it - it's "our song" [to get cheesy] and have never heard it live, so that was amazing.)

We were 1 person back from the main stage rail, and Bono (and the whole band) just seemed really . . . joyous (at least in the latter part of the show). Dennis Sheehan's wife was backstage and it seemed, not surprisingly, to be quite emotional. (We were there through the Red Zone backstage tour raffle). This may explain why some found Bono a bit "off" at the beginning.

But somehow they pulled it together and were able to spread joy throughout the building. (One of the guys backstage said the band has a renewed sense of purpose and inspiration because they are now playing for Dennis. It shows).
So grateful we are still able to experience this.
broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #11
The Fly

Edge was on it with his guitar although I don't think AIWIY was tuned to his liking. He killed it on WOWY and BTBS. Wow, he was impressive.
galactic2154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post

one of my pics...
I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Just the one behind the drum kit.

Tee hee
Old 06-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Fantastic show. Showed up at 10 got our wristbands, then off for breakfast at The Serving Spoon. I cannot recommend that place enough, I love Roscoe's and it's even better than that if you can believe.

We tailgated most of the day to recover from Saturday. Got a very nice spot on the B Stage, right next to Paco who was pulled up. Funnily enough the girls right behind him seem to be a lucky charm. They were next to Amp on Saturday and the guy from Hollywood U2 on Tuesday.

The dancing/flashing lady seemed to put the crowd in a very good mood. Before the flashing the GA folks had started to mime her moves which amused the people in the stands.

I thought the first part of the set wasn't as strong as Wednesday's, where RBW/UTEOTW in particular were blazing. Still, it was solid. But then the B stage set seemd to inject life into the band. The girl pulled up was great and Paco just stole the show. And almost all of that happened right in front of me.

We left the B stage during Bullet which roared last night. That solo was blistering. Then of course came AIWIY. Amazing. Great version, and well, it's in my top 5 songs of all time, so yeah.

Closing with 40 was great. I love One, but it's a bad closer. ISHFWILF works better, but still isn't ideal. If you aren't closing with Streets, then you can't go wrong with 40.

In general, this was the best LA U2 crowd I've seen. Seemed like they were singing to everything and were into the new stuff.
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #15
War Child

My first two uploads from last night. More to come this evening...

Partyslammer is offline   Reply With Quote