May 14th, 2015 Vancouver, BC, Rogers Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Please post your photos, experiences and stories about this show here.

Start/End time?

Please post your photos, experiences and stories about this show here.

Anyone know what time they went on stage and what time they finished the full show? Can't find it anywhere!

I caught Bono's water bottle that he threw into the crowd...I felt like I had just caught the winning pass on Super Bowl Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think they went onstage around 8pm and finished around 10:30pm.

Thoughts on a crazy night on the Lower Mainland:

-Not sure if the picture of the GA banner has been on here, but last night was truly a worldwide affair.

-That being said, those who lined up for days on end and ran to the rail hard up against the main stage couldn't see a thing when the screen was being used. I know I was way too close to the screen to appreciate it's usage. I was about 2/3 of the way down the catwalk on the north side, second person back from the rail. I think the best spot is going to be at center ice, but back against the dasher boards at the back of the crowd.

-The official setlist scorekeepers need to add a snippet of MOFO before Iris.

-Joe needs to get his mixing panel back on the floor somewhere, or at least remember that a full arena is going to sound different than an empty one. Sound got better as the show went on, but the sound was much better on 360 than it was last night.

-FYI, the mixing panel was up in the suite level where the TV cameras normally are for hockey games.

-Sweetest Thing was fun, just remember not to take this one too seriously.

-Bono's voice cracked trying to hit the crescendo of EBW, and he was MAD afterwards when he grabbed the water from his roadie. He was fighting his vocal chords the rest of the night, which may have explained why some of the songs down the stretch didn't sound that great.

-The new stuff sounds GREAT live. Much, much better than the NLOTH stuff. Also, much better received by the crowd.

-Larry has more stuff on the road than he's had since they started playing live. By our unofficial count, five separate drum kits.

-Biggest (and badly needed) overhaul of SBS since Popmart. That transition into RBW may have been the best part of the show.

-Hands That Built America...in Canada?

-Liked the arrangement of Bullet, but Bono's rant was him trying to talk from both sides of his mouth. He needs to remember that Bullet is the closest thing they've ever done to an outright anti-American song, and needs to really tear up the sorry state of violence in America. Think Joshua Tree tour-intensity rants.

-Second set needed some work on transitions and order. Didn't flow very well. Write this one of as opening night jitters.

-Compared with the cattle yard that was the 360 GA, it was pleasantly surprising to be able to move around during the show. I could get used to that.

-Loved Edge finally taking the paint off the walls during the long Troubles solo.

-What was Bono trying to do with the kid in BD?

-Ending was awkward, but after all the crap that the band has been through during the run up to this tour, I can't blame then for wanting to get the first night in the books, learn how things went, make adjustments, and move on to the next show.

-The Garage (or whatever the nickname of Rogers Arena is now) is not good for egress. Took a long, long time to get out of there.

At the end of the day, it's still a U2 show. They always bring it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app

They were on stage at about 8:10. It was a great show - especially considering opening night. EBW was a highlight to me. Love the arrangement and the beauty of the crown with the phone lights.
I have a ton of pics from front row but it won't let me post them ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

here are my views:

we lined up for ga at around 5pm. the paperless process was short and simple and was no issue. when we walked in we went dead centre floor and were behind 1 person for the rail. however when looking around, we wouldnt be able to see the screen or the bstage.

i looked and the rail in front of the red zone was free (again dead centre.) we did the red zone back in 2011 when they last played in vancouver. back then if you were on the rail there was about 1-1.5 inch higher flooring. this time they did the reverse and put that higher flooring on the ga side which made it even better for us as we can easily see both stages over the tall people. i feel really bad for those who paid lots of $$$ for the red zone...it was maybe half full. our position was fantastic, easily see both stages and the screen in all its glory...

the other reviews can go over the show specifics.

here is a video from our vantage point of the show opening:

https://youtu.be/bAuqGkw_Gts

I had an awesome spot for this (center ice, as the Canadians would say), and enjoyed the hell out of it. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but I didn't even care. I was just so happy to be there and have them be back. The new songs sounded great live, the visuals/screen were amazing.

After the second show, it was easy to say "okay, THIS was clearly the better show by far," but I still had a blast. I mean, hello, Out of Control? Yes, please.

June 25 for sure, but I doubt any others.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app

Gotcha. During the presale, I remember thinking I was purchasing a ticket for 6/25 and found out after the sale that it was for 6/24. I guess that happens when you have multiple browsers open at once!

Yep first two Chicago shows - GA for both. And you?

Doing GA on 6/24 (as stated above) and 6/29. Might try for a seat on 6/28 depending on how things turn out, as it is a Sunday and I might be down there that day anyway.

-Hands That Built America...in Canada?

-Liked the arrangement of Bullet, but Bono's rant was him trying to talk from both sides of his mouth. He needs to remember that Bullet is the closest thing they've ever done to an outright anti-American song, and needs to really tear up the sorry state of violence in America. Think Joshua Tree tour-intensity rants.

:up::up::up:

You know it!

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom