July 7th, 2015 - Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

was nice and close. best i have. did not snap much tonight.

some green haired monster behind me for most of the e-set as scaring me... had fun with Gabe et. al.

I'm a long time lurker and infrequent poster but thought I'd chime in on the show last night. First off, what was most special for me was that I took my 8.5 year old son to his first real concert. Aside from a few loud whispers of "you've got to be kidding me" and "who brings a kid to a concert" as we made our way to our seats it was a wonderful experience... more on that later.

We were about 6 rows from the very top but our sightlines were fantastic as we were right in the middle of the screen.

Highlights:
-The use of technology was really clever and "well paced", just when you thought they'd have nothing new they'd pull some neat trick, IRIS was haunting, BTBS was jarring, SFS was quite beautiful, INVIS. was a neat trick, SBS was great as well

-The new songs are really great live, I don't think I've enjoyed the current releases at a U2 show as much since at least ATYCLB

-The band sounded great last night, they are looking more their age than they have in the past but the energy was great and I thought Bono was in great voice overall

-Stadium shows are spectacles but the arena experience is far more enjoyable IMO, it could be that the band has different "goals" when putting together the smaller shows.

-Stephanie was fantastic, very cool to see something so spontaneous. My boy gave me a hug during AIWIY which was my personal highlight of the night

It was a great show!

Now about my son, this is a great show to take a young kid to. The start and end time is reasonable (though we had to leave before the encore to catch the 10:43 train home), the visuals were great, and there really wasn't much if anything objectionable. We both wore earplugs; he was reluctant at first but once they started playing he didn't take them off. Our family watched "Inside Out" last week-end and I couldn't help but think that last night made for a great "core memory" for my boy. The We talked for at least half the train ride on the way home before he fell asleep and he had some very mature observations...

-he said this was bittersweet for him, the concert was awesome but that they may retire soon and Bono said good-bye to Canada (had to explain that there would likely be another leg and hopefully at least one more tour)

-he mentioned that U2 had lots of variety and that some of their sad songs are the best ones... he was visibly moved by IRIS and SFS

-my favorite question from him was when he asked about BTBS, he asked me to confirm that Bono's statement that "we are all Americans" was not a compliment... spent 10 minutes or so discussing politics and music with him after that one

I'm a long time lurker and infrequent poster but thought I'd chime in on the show last night. First off, what was most special for me was that I took my 8.5 year old son to his first real concert. Aside from a few loud whispers of "you've got to be kidding me" and "who brings a kid to a concert" as we made our way to our seats it was a wonderful experience... more on that later.

We were about 6 rows from the very top but our sightlines were fantastic as we were right in the middle of the screen.

Highlights:
-The use of technology was really clever and "well paced", just when you thought they'd have nothing new they'd pull some neat trick, IRIS was haunting, BTBS was jarring, SFS was quite beautiful, INVIS. was a neat trick, SBS was great as well

-The new songs are really great live, I don't think I've enjoyed the current releases at a U2 show as much since at least ATYCLB

-The band sounded great last night, they are looking more their age than they have in the past but the energy was great and I thought Bono was in great voice overall

-Stadium shows are spectacles but the arena experience is far more enjoyable IMO, it could be that the band has different "goals" when putting together the smaller shows.

-Stephanie was fantastic, very cool to see something so spontaneous. My boy gave me a hug during AIWIY which was my personal highlight of the night

It was a great show!

Now about my son, this is a great show to take a young kid to. The start and end time is reasonable (though we had to leave before the encore to catch the 10:43 train home), the visuals were great, and there really wasn't much if anything objectionable. We both wore earplugs; he was reluctant at first but once they started playing he didn't take them off. Our family watched "Inside Out" last week-end and I couldn't help but think that last night made for a great "core memory" for my boy. The We talked for at least half the train ride on the way home before he fell asleep and he had some very mature observations...

-he said this was bittersweet for him, the concert was awesome but that they may retire soon and Bono said good-bye to Canada (had to explain that there would likely be another leg and hopefully at least one more tour)

-he mentioned that U2 had lots of variety and that some of their sad songs are the best ones... he was visibly moved by IRIS and SFS

-my favorite question from him was when he asked about BTBS, he asked me to confirm that Bono's statement that "we are all Americans" was not a compliment... spent 10 minutes or so discussing politics and music with him after that one

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there will be more shows to come for your son. ;)

I've been annoyed many times by filming of suicide squad. I was attempting to be humerous for those in yyz that know the joker has been around town in lambos and crashed helicopters. :)

Last edited:
Wonder if these were GibsonGirl’s signs (front and back)? I think so.

You can kind of see Bono grinning at side that says U2+me+ guitar = 15 year dream...

Had GAs. I have seen them on every tour since Elevation and I'd say this show I'd rank at number 2 for me. Vertigo night 1 at ACC is still my top show, and was at the tip of the elipse for that one. The guys still have their energy and put on a very great show. A lot better than I thought it would be. Shows are long but good, though if you take away the intermission, and Bono talking it probably takes away maybe 10-15 of running time. Managed to chat to Stephanie a day after the show and just sending high praises which she was very thankful for, what a great job on Angel of Harlem which I finally got to hear. All I want is you haven't heard that since I saw the Elevation tour. Shine Like Stars something just gave me the feeling like he was going to do it. I wasn't even aware of the signs, I could just feel as he was posing he was going to sing words instead of the usual ooooo ooooohhh again. That will go down as a great moment too. Tons of room on the floor, very well organized I must say.

Back
Top Bottom