July 6, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:54 AM
July 6, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

Post your experiences and photos here.

Gabe, Mark and Jess.. I'm talking to you.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Oh. They are in cloud nine right now. :-). I'll let Gabe spill.

Wendyandkevinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
Acrobat

And I'll have to figure out how to upload a massive HD file of some really odd guys who got up and sang some song called desire.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

It was a great show--and, of course, full of surprises!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #5
Acrobat

Quick thoughts:

-Seeing this show from the nosebleeds was totally different than my floors both nights in Vancouver. I liked the change of pace, and from up there you really understood the use of the screen.

-Surprised that no one here had mentioned Edge going electric during SBS.

-And have I mentioned yet how awesome the new stuff sounds?

-Others were saying that the crowd was awesome tonight. Maybe down on the floor and lower bowl, but the crowd up by us was as dead as Abraham Lincoln.

-There was some kind of high pitched feedback over the PA for the first four songs.

-The only minor beef with the sound is that in the very top row of 322, Adam was way too low.

-The Interference-er I was seated with last night abd myself were totally losing it during the E-stage sequence, with the belly dancer and Acrobat getting pulled on stage. Larry didn't seem all that amused (then again, he doesn't seen visibly amused about much of anything) but Adam appeared to be thoroughly enjoying the cover band taking over their stage.

-Speaking of that, props to Acrobat (U2BROTHR and the rest of the gang) for taking their opportunity on the stage and absolutely knocking it out of the park! Excellent work!

-Bono really had to tap dance during the rant to remember that he was in Canada. Also, I thought adding the megaphone helped.

-Having a different perspective on the show helped make some things work better than from floor viewing. I still don't like this segway into Streets, but it works better visually from the seats.

-LOVE the Wanderer intermission.

On the floor tonight, HAs dropped while we were at the Hideout after party.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app
GopherMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 AM
I thought it was pretty magical - to be honest I came in with sort of low expectations for various reasons and walked away super happy.

I had GAs and started out the night on the floor by the e stage. I actually thought the sound there was BRUTAL, assumed it was the floor, but as you moved to the sides and closer to the main stage the sound was just fine so I'm not sure what the problem was. The floor seemed really empty to me, it was very easy to move around, dance, etc which was nice. Not a lot of pushing/shoving/rude people, if anything I think that the spread out catwalk has helped cool tempers in those who insist they must be up front.
Towards the intermission I took up the offer to move to the douchebag seats and got 2nd row dead centre, which was amazing. It is the first time I can truly say the seats are better than GAs on a U2 tour.

No real complaints about setlist. I didn't read spoilers aside from very broad reviews of the tour. Still don't think The Miracle is a great opener, but whatever. The crowd seemed very good last night and I think that it really helps that all the big hits/oldies were crowded at the end.

First time I've really liked Pride live - I complain about it every tour, but last night it really got me excited. Maybe because it followed BTBS which is old, tired and a crowd killer. Please get rid of it.

Wish that EBW was done in a different arrangement since I really do like that one.

The light show was gorgeous, really cool use of that secondary hanging stage. It is a real shame not to experience this, all the more reason not to push to the rail and hang back or better yet get seats on the sides.

Great night overall.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
Acrobat

Congrats guys.

http://www.spin.com/2015/07/u2-tribu...o-video-watch/

charleswise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #8
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Maybe because it followed BTBS which is old, tired and a crowd killer. Please get rid of it.
Wow, that's strange to hear. I, too, thought it had been sounding tired the last few tours, but thought it tore the roof off in Chicago.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Wow, that's strange to hear. I, too, thought it had been sounding tired the last few tours, but thought it was tore the roof off in Chicago.
That's how I felt about Pride, haha.

I had a bit of a unique experience in that I probably did about 1/4 or 1/3 of the show on the floor then went to the seats. The floor was pretty into it and rowdy regardless of song but you really notice a huge difference when you sit down. A lot of people went to get beer or to the washroom during BTBS. Maybe the song does better in the US and doesn't resonate as well here? I don't know...
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #10
War Child

Was it me of was the sound a bit off kilter last night. first few songs treble feedback and then later on loud bass type feedback.
All in all though one of the best shows in Toronto since vertigo tour. The band really put thier heart out and for once the Toronto crowd really were into it. Awesome seeing the local u2 cover band really doing so well.
That video screen for UTEOTW wow wow wow
I want to go today but my legs are still aching
smileymbcastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #11
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymbcastard View Post
Was it me of was the sound a bit off kilter last night. first few songs treble feedback and then later on loud bass type feedback.
All in all though one of the best shows in Toronto since vertigo tour. The band really put thier heart out and for once the Toronto crowd really were into it. Awesome seeing the local u2 cover band really doing so well.
That video screen for UTEOTW wow wow wow
I want to go today but my legs are still aching
One thing I noticed. In Montreal, I was along rail, about 20-30 feet out from the small stage, and I could not make out anything Bono was saying or singing. It was so muffled.

Was almost in exact spot last night, and I think I noticed a new speaker right in front of me. Bono came in SO CLEAR. It was almost too loud, his vocals and Edge's guitar was a bit quiet, but I was so much happier to finally be hearing what Bono was singing and saying. Came away from the concert with my ears ringing a fair bit.

Also noticed, Toronto crowd much more into it than Montreal, and Bono also seemed to come out with much more zest and spice.
MisterMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #12
War Child

One more thing i noticed sorry im a tech geek, but the subwoofers were all flown and were behind the articulated stack (j stacks).
smileymbcastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #13
Acrobat

Rolling Stone article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...e-act-20150707

charleswise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #14
Acrobat

I will see if I can send my video to Gabe via drop box so he can upload it - i am old and technologically limited. Honestly, it was so loud on the floor, the audio sucks but it is good and great video in HD and got even better when the piano was dropped. I was about 2 rows back from the e stage rail shooting the video with a Canon Elph power shot.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #15
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Post your experiences and photos here.

Gabe, Mark and Jess.. I'm talking to you.

Jess has another show tonight, a get-together afterward then she's leaving for vacation in the morning but she will try to get over here and write something soon! It will probably be a few days.

BAW is offline   Reply With Quote