July 6, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2015, 01:20 AM   #46
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:55 AM
Greater Toronto Area

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #47
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domo-kun View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but whats's GTA apart from the game?
Greater Toronto Area

The U2_GTA I made reference to onstage is a great group of U2 fans dating back to the old Yahoo Groups days, we've had fan gatherings, done trips to concerts together, formed real friendships and lasting relationships over the years, all because of our shared love and enjoyment of U2. Some of my first ever performances were for this group and various members over the years and in that moment...I was in celebration mode...and I had almost the whole crew in front of me..people I normally see at small bars and who have put up with pretty crappy technical environments, even, in order to join me and my bandmates in paying tribute to U2. And now there we were on the best stage in the city and it was going off in there...the first thing that popped into my head in that second was "big up the group". Jessica, the lady who danced in Mysterious Ways, is one of the oldest members of the group, also.

I also shouted out "Rosie". That was my son's elementary school teacher and coach, who was way up in section 318 somewhere. He was instrumental in coaching my son when his basketball started to take off, is a great guy... and he's a HUGE U2 fan. Named his daughter after a song, even. He's not part of the U2_GTA tho, so I had to single him out

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #48
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

It appears I've misremembered things.

It may well be true! But that's how I remembered it anyway.
Mrs. Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Thanks so much for clearing that up. Sounds like what U2 is all about.
I lack the age and length of U2 fandom to build up a network like U2_GTA,
but I do know the feeling that you describe. U2 crowds are the best. I remember being 19 or 20 back during the 360 tour. I knew nobody who liked U2... It was hard, no one my age liked No Line, it flubbed on the radio.
I finally decided I would go to see them no matter what, and found this, Atu2 and U2start.
I met friends for life through U2 and this forum,so I can relate!
Gosh I'm so exited to see them again and meet the old and new friends.U2 fucking rules. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Greater Toronto Area

The U2_GTA I made reference to onstage is a great group of U2 fans dating back to the old Yahoo Groups days, we've had fan gatherings, done trips to concerts together, formed real friendships and lasting relationships over the years, all because of our shared love and enjoyment of U2. Some of my first ever performances were for this group and various members over the years and in that moment...I was in celebration mode...and I had almost the whole crew in front of me..people I normally see at small bars and who have put up with pretty crappy technical environments, even, in order to join me and my bandmates in paying tribute to U2. And now there we were on the best stage in the city and it was going off in there...the first thing that popped into my head in that second was "big up the group". Jessica, the lady who danced in Mysterious Ways, is one of the oldest members of the group, also.

I also shouted out "Rosie". That was my son's elementary school teacher and coach, who was way up in section 318 somewhere. He was instrumental in coaching my son when his basketball started to take off, is a great guy... and he's a HUGE U2 fan. Named his daughter after a song, even. He's not part of the U2_GTA tho, so I had to single him out
domo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #50
The Fly

Local Time: 09:55 PM
July 6, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

To Gvox, U2brothr and the other two gents in Acrobat - I just watched your vid on YouTube when U were invited up on stage and it was really cool! What an experience!!
I liked the end when Bono says: " they will say things about you. Remember: they are only half right." Lmao!
Good job guys!

I am new to the board here so forgive my lack of members but was the belly dancer and girl from night # 2 also members here...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Mrs. Edge's/Jessica's review is on page 2 of this thread.

I think I saw GibsonGirl/Stephanie post briefly somewhere around here - maybe in the setlist thread for her night?
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #52
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeks View Post
To Gvox, U2brothr and the other two gents in Acrobat - I just watched your vid on YouTube when U were invited up on stage and it was really cool! What an experience!!
I liked the end when Bono says: " they will say things about you. Remember: they are only half right." Lmao!
Good job guys!

I am new to the board here so forgive my lack of members but was the belly dancer and girl from night # 2 also members here...?

Thank you very much for the kind words Cheeks. Glad you enjoyed the vid. Yes, it was quite an experience. Unreal. I'm the guitarist in Acrobat with gvox and u2brothr. Cheers!

ededmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #53
The Fly

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ededmc3 View Post
Thank you very much for the kind words Cheeks. Glad you enjoyed the vid. Yes, it was quite an experience. Unreal. I'm the guitarist in Acrobat with gvox and u2brothr. Cheers!

That's so awesome! Nice to meet you! Hopefully they come back for Leg 3 and I can meet you guys at the show

Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote