July 6, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The belly dancer was great (and gorgeous) and Bono was having fun with her. She came up to Edge and he seemed to want very little to do with her, though :lol:

And then…..right beside me is MR. THE EDGE. I face him and soak him in with my eyes and my dancing goes on auto pilot. There he is. He has been the love of my life for much of my life. How many hours had I spent watching him and listening to him and generally adoring him. And here he was with that guitar from Zoo TV inches in front of me. This was not a tribute band. This is U f-ing 2. It was mind blowing……

:uhoh:

It appears I've misremembered things.

What if I drop the phone? What if I turn it off by accident

Bahahahahahaha! I would be paranoid about this, also!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I am wondering the reason why The Toronto 6 show was so long, could it be that this is the one they will make the tour DVD from? :drool:

I am wondering the reason why The Toronto 6 show was so long, could it be that this is the one they will make the tour DVD from? :drool:

No chance unless they plan to use poor quality digital cameras but I did not see any quality film equipment nor did I see a single steady cam operator with quality equipment etc.

Nope. This is not the performance we were hoping they would record.

OH but they could hehe i mean heck they did that part with Jessica holding the phone so who knows, they like to push the envelope:reject:

OH but they could hehe i mean heck they did that part with Jessica holding the phone so who knows, they like to push the envelope:reject:

perhaps but i think we would have seen more cameras other than what appeared to be local cams and no steady cams. i don't think U2 would film something with some shaky operator.

only local not HQ stuff at either TO1 or TO2....that i could see at least.

now, i was at the imagine dragans concert on saturday and they did film that concert and lots of HQ film equipment there.

I'm sure there would have been loads more cameras there if they were filming for a release. I can't see how they could have gotten near enough interesting footage from the number and placement of cameras that I could see from the floor. I think those were likely just screen cameras.

Excuse my ignorance, but whats's GTA apart from the game? :reject:

Excuse my ignorance, but whats's GTA apart from the game? :reject:

Greater Toronto Area

The U2_GTA I made reference to onstage is a great group of U2 fans dating back to the old Yahoo Groups days, we've had fan gatherings, done trips to concerts together, formed real friendships and lasting relationships over the years, all because of our shared love and enjoyment of U2. Some of my first ever performances were for this group and various members over the years and in that moment...I was in celebration mode...and I had almost the whole crew in front of me..people I normally see at small bars and who have put up with pretty crappy technical environments, even, in order to join me and my bandmates in paying tribute to U2. And now there we were on the best stage in the city and it was going off in there...the first thing that popped into my head in that second was "big up the group". :) Jessica, the lady who danced in Mysterious Ways, is one of the oldest members of the group, also.

I also shouted out "Rosie". That was my son's elementary school teacher and coach, who was way up in section 318 somewhere. He was instrumental in coaching my son when his basketball started to take off, is a great guy... and he's a HUGE U2 fan. Named his daughter after a song, even. He's not part of the U2_GTA tho, so I had to single him out :wink:

Thanks so much for clearing that up. Sounds like what U2 is all about.
I lack the age and length of U2 fandom to build up a network like U2_GTA,
but I do know the feeling that you describe. U2 crowds are the best. I remember being 19 or 20 back during the 360 tour. I knew nobody who liked U2... It was hard, no one my age liked No Line, it flubbed on the radio.
I finally decided I would go to see them no matter what, and found this, Atu2 and U2start.
I met friends for life through U2 and this forum,so I can relate!
Gosh I'm so exited to see them again and meet the old and new friends.U2 fucking rules. Thanks again!

Greater Toronto Area

The U2_GTA I made reference to onstage is a great group of U2 fans dating back to the old Yahoo Groups days, we've had fan gatherings, done trips to concerts together, formed real friendships and lasting relationships over the years, all because of our shared love and enjoyment of U2. Some of my first ever performances were for this group and various members over the years and in that moment...I was in celebration mode...and I had almost the whole crew in front of me..people I normally see at small bars and who have put up with pretty crappy technical environments, even, in order to join me and my bandmates in paying tribute to U2. And now there we were on the best stage in the city and it was going off in there...the first thing that popped into my head in that second was "big up the group". :) Jessica, the lady who danced in Mysterious Ways, is one of the oldest members of the group, also.

I also shouted out "Rosie". That was my son's elementary school teacher and coach, who was way up in section 318 somewhere. He was instrumental in coaching my son when his basketball started to take off, is a great guy... and he's a HUGE U2 fan. Named his daughter after a song, even. He's not part of the U2_GTA tho, so I had to single him out :wink:

To Gvox, U2brothr and the other two gents in Acrobat - I just watched your vid on YouTube when U were invited up on stage and it was really cool! What an experience!!
I liked the end when Bono says: " they will say things about you. Remember: they are only half right." Lmao!
Good job guys!

I am new to the board here so forgive my lack of members but was the belly dancer and girl from night # 2 also members here...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs. Edge's/Jessica's review is on page 2 of this thread.

I think I saw GibsonGirl/Stephanie post briefly somewhere around here - maybe in the setlist thread for her night?

To Gvox, U2brothr and the other two gents in Acrobat - I just watched your vid on YouTube when U were invited up on stage and it was really cool! What an experience!!
I liked the end when Bono says: " they will say things about you. Remember: they are only half right." Lmao!
Good job guys!

I am new to the board here so forgive my lack of members but was the belly dancer and girl from night # 2 also members here...?

Thank you very much for the kind words Cheeks. Glad you enjoyed the vid. Yes, it was quite an experience. Unreal. I'm the guitarist in Acrobat with gvox and u2brothr. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thank you very much for the kind words Cheeks. Glad you enjoyed the vid. Yes, it was quite an experience. Unreal. I'm the guitarist in Acrobat with gvox and u2brothr. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's so awesome! Nice to meet you! Hopefully they come back for Leg 3 and I can meet you guys at the show [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom