July 14, 2015 - Boston MA, TD Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boston 3!!!

Wow!

First off, as Bono kept mentioning, what a crowd for a Tuesday night! The energy level was great and the band really fed off of it.

This was, for me, nearly as good as Friday night in Boston. Just excellent.

Highlights were Electric Co(really fired up the crowd early) and a particularly good version of Cedarwood Rd in the first set.

Where they really brought it tonight was on the E Stage, though. Larry came out of that screen for the end of Real Thing to a particularly enthusiastic crowd at that end of the arena. As soon as he started pounding those drums out there, you could feel a far different energy than the previous 2 nights! Of course it kept up- best version of MW I've head this tour and then easily the best version of Elevation I've seen. And I think I've seen it about 7 times by now. Crystal Ballroom/Miss you was out of this world good- just unbelievable. What a song, what a snippet. Then to follow it up with All I Want Is You and a spectacular version of EBW? E stage set of the tour so far, I'd say.

Run through the warhorses was extremely powerful tonight as well. Bono actually sang WOWY, COBL was solid, Bullet excellent topped off with a rousing version of Pride to end the main set. They returned with an extremely energetic Beautiful Day. After 3 performances witnessed, I can say BD is far more Elevation Tour like than the Vertigo or 360 performances.

Streets was great, not transcendent like 360, but it's Streets so no complaints.

That brought us to Still Haven't Found. Having seen One at the first 2 shows, I have to say it's the closest I can get to a criticism. Bono seems like he truly doesn't give a shit about One anymore. Still Haven't Found on the other hand sounded absolutely excellent!! I liked it on YouTube from earlier shows and loved it in person. Bono is having th crowd sing in parts like he always has, but when he sings, unlike with One, it is clear he cares and to my ears, he was giving it his all!!!

It sounded better on JT and maybe some Zoo TV shows ( Washington DC) but other than that?? No way. What I saw tonight blew Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo and 360 SHF out of the water.

I also noticed that Bono made his speeches a little more compact tonight and that helped keep the energy level up. This was evident with the Pride speech and the Pre Streets AIDS speech.

This was really a spectacular show.

3 down in Boston and nothing that even comes close to qualifying as a disappointment.

My first show of the tour and it was fantastic!

I sat in the Loge section on the Edge's side. The crowd was really great. I am so glad I got to hear Crystal Ballroom for the first time tonight!!

The images on the screen were amazing during some of the songs.

I'm still a bit overwhelmed. Can't wait to see them tonight in GA!

My first show of the tour and it was fantastic!

I sat in the Loge section on the Edge's side. The crowd was really great. I am so glad I got to hear Crystal Ballroom for the first time tonight!!

The images on the screen were amazing during some of the songs.

I'm still a bit overwhelmed. Can't wait to see them tonight in GA!

wow I came here to say the exact same things!

1st show of tour, sat on Edge's side (loge 14) - crowd was great.

Images were fantastic- hadn't wanted any video yet so it was all new to me.

Tonight I'm in GA. It's definitely going to be a different experience. just watching from the loge (in preparation), I'm not sure it's going to be as good. We will see!

Just amazing! It was a emotional night for me. As it was my dad's birthday ( he passed away three years ago). We never got to go to Boston together ( he went to college here and loved the Red Sox). U2 got me here finally-from Florida. I was really hoping for Crystal Ballroom because of this. "Everyone is here tonight with me...everyone but you". I was three rows back directly in the center of the e stage. Couldn't see the screen at all but I'll trade that any day for the view. What a performance! Then when they started playing AIWIY I completely lost it! The song took on a new meaning after losing my dad.I'm sure the casuals around me in the seats thought I was crazy.

Red zone tonight. Gonna be hard to top!

Back
Top Bottom