Will U2 play Walk On in Paris in honour Aung San Suu Kyi's historic election result i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Just saw great news about Aung San Suu Kyi's election results today and I guess the junta regime that lasted over 50 years is finally over so I'm just guessing here but wouldn't it be great for U2 to pay tribute in Paris with that song dedicated to her, Walk On? Or would they do something else?

What do you reckon?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not sure? Haven't they rehearsed it at all for this tour?

Hasn't been touched since the end of 360.

Hope it stays that way, personally.

Hasn't been touched since the end of 360.

Hope it stays that way, personally.

Yes I understand that it's probably played far too many times but for this remarkable day that's happening in Myanmar I'd suppose it might be appropriate to play it in tribute that's all but I guess at the end of the day with regards to so many snippets during this tour, Walk On might just be mentioned as a snippet. Well only one way to find out is wait for the Paris gig to finish tonight then we'll know, right? ?

love the song and very fitting too right now

but really am just getting horribly excited about ACTUALLY GOING TO THE GIG :hyper:

Well only one way to find out is wait for the Paris gig to finish tonight then we'll know, right? ?

holy crap it's not tonight is it? because i will have fucked up my train/hotel dates royally in that case :D

No, they'll just wear the masks.

:lol:

Back in the day, Walk On was possibly my favourite from ATYCLB, but the last tour definitely killed any residual fondness for it. But I wouldn't begrudge the band if they break it out in Paris, my previous remarks notwithstanding. Snippet at the end of One?

Honestly, the filming perhaps is the main factor that would militate against a performance of Walk On. The cameras mean these will be the safest performances of tour.

I'd put my money on a snippet , and not the full song.

Eh, maybe on the e stage after elevation. I'd take Walk On over Sweetest Thing or Desire.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

holy crap
it's not tonight is it? because i will have fucked up my train/hotel dates royally in that case :D

Yep, got the date wrong! It's actually 10th not 9th! :D misread it somewhere or that my brain wasn't working at the time of looking at dates! ;)

Hopefully they play it at Paris 4, as I doubt they'd play it at Paris 3 (since its being filmed)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I actually don't hate Walk On. but i know they've heavily sung that song already in 360 so i guess we're already sick of it?

I love Walk On (and I really loved hearing it at my 360° show), but I'm glad it hasn't be played on this tour. Whether it will or not remains to be seen but for now I doubt it.

I think there's a good chance that they'll now play "Walk On" in Paris for obvious reasons. It would be a great way to close the show if they still plan on filming in Paris.

I love Walk On (and I really loved hearing it at my 360° show), but I'm glad it hasn't be played on this tour. Whether it will or not remains to be seen but for now I doubt it.

I really liked it as a show closer on elevation. It was nice to end the shows on an upbeat note. It seemed weaker on 360 somehow. I've actually never heard a vertigo tour performance, but I know it was both done acoustically and full band.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

More to the point will they play Raised by wolves, given its subject and the way it's introduced...

good point indeed! same can be said for the rather awkward I am not dangerous speech/ europe with its heart open etc before Streets..

given the amount of IS soldiers among the refugees that seems awkward to say the least

Playing another ATYCLB song is exactly what ISIS wants.

To be honest, playing any song tonight and beyond by U2 or any musician for that matter is a one finger salute and say to ISIS "F**k you!" as we all know that they did a direct hit on music in Paris at La Bataclan. So sad, so tragic but ultimately so beautiful as we saw so many people round the world united in their own way in recent days against what we saw as a monstrous act of terrorism in Paris.

Stay strong, stay safe and walk, on walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone!

dougal

Back
Top Bottom