Who Misses Not Having an Opening Act?.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would be nice to see the band play 2-3 extra song in lieu of no opening act.

Sent from someone who hasn't seen the show in person using U2 Interference.

I don't miss Interference shitting on opening acts, regardless of whether or not they're any good.

Lest you all forget The Killers.

Agree though that in lieu of an opening act U2 should be playing more songs. Extending the length of the show by having an "intermission" after 10 songs is cheating.

Lest you all forget The Killers.

Agree though that in lieu of an opening act U2 should be playing more songs. Extending the length of the show by having an "intermission" after 10 songs is cheating.

It's hardly a real intermission is it?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Don't miss opening acts at all. I was hoping after the snoozefest that was Interpol at the 2011 360 shows that they'd dump opening acts all together. Pearl Jam did it too this past fall US tour, loved it.

It doesn't hurt, but since they're only playing 23-25 songs I would have appreciated an opener, just to get more bang for my buck.

I enjoyed skipping the salad and heading right for the steak.

That said, PJ Harvey, Garbage, Kings of Leon, No Doubt ... all pretty good warm up acts IMO. Kanye sucked in Omaha.

The only people that miss it are the bands themselves that get more exposure playing with a bigger band like U2. That's the only people that got hurt by this. Me, I love it as I'm old and I just want to see the band I love. in fact, I wish they started right on time, so we could all get home at before 10.

I was happy to see Keane twice during the Vertigo tour at MSG. I would have liked to see Kanye too, back in the day before he was part of the Kardashian ridiculousness.
As I'll be doing GA and the Red Zone at MSG, I won't miss standing through an opening act!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I enjoyed Keane a lot and Muse was good, but I didn't care for Patti Smith at all, so that was painful when you go to a lot of shows... my favorite was out of nowhere the opening act was basically Bush and I had no idea that was the band that was opening because I didn't recognize Gavin's new band name. Very happy then.

Best I ever saw I got Ben Folds Five and DMB maybe even Pearl Jam to open up for Rolling Stones one tour... it was crazy stacked...

The only people that miss it are the bands themselves that get more exposure playing with a bigger band like U2. That's the only people that got hurt by this. Me, I love it as I'm old and I just want to see the band I love. in fact, I wish they started right on time, so we could all get home at before 10.

Haha! I live about 90 minutes to 2 hrs from Toronto, and so when we go to see concerts, it's a pretty late night. The past few years, my daughter, who is in her 20s now, yawns all the way home, and thinks that afternoon concerts should become a thing. Me, I have to stay alert to drive, so I just grab a coffee and soldier on. When we get home, she's asleep within 15 minutes, I'm wound up for hours, and often have to get up for work the next day. Kids. :)

I kind of like an opening act. Remember when PJ Harvey opened. Love her ...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Get-Off-My-Lawn.jpg

Absolutely not! For the most part (exception would be Arcade Fire in Montreal) I found the openings acts horrible :down:

Even though I have liked some of the opening acts, I'm not going to lie, I REALLY enjoyed just getting to U2 the other night. Show up, watch the set up, and BOOM, band on.

Really liked not having an opening act.

No opening acts, too many $300 tickets and the stub hub hi-jinx on the cheaper tickets are all factors keeping the under 30 fan base away from the recent shows compared to past tours.

Maybe this bothers the band/management, maybe it doesn't.

Even though I have liked some of the opening acts, I'm not going to lie, I REALLY enjoyed just getting to U2 the other night. Show up, watch the set up, and BOOM, band on.

Really liked not having an opening act.

What stops you from showing up in the 40 minutes before u2 hit the stage if the I&E tour DID have an opening act?

Especially with far less fan incentive to lineup early for GA this tour compared to previous tours.

Back
Top Bottom