When will they.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love if they did CB. I just do not see it happening. Bono's proclamations to fans rarely pan out. So take whatever Bono says with an enormous grain of salt. (I honestly did not think I had to point that out, but maybe there are some newbies here)

I think The Miracle has been a good opener, but I think they could try something else on an extended stay. Crystal Ballroom would be a really cool and unique opener, but opening with a bonus track would be one of the ballsiest things they've done.
Of course, Reach would be the most ideal opener, but it doesn't seem to be on the band's radar. It's one of their best songs in a long time, it's too bad. Maybe they'll try it between legs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think The Miracle has been a good opener, but I think they could try something else on an extended stay. Crystal Ballroom would be a really cool and unique opener, but opening with a bonus track would be one of the ballsiest things they've done.
Of course, Reach would be the most ideal opener, but it doesn't seem to be on the band's radar. It's one of their best songs in a long time, it's too bad. Maybe they'll try it between legs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree with this.

As Bono 212 said, Miracle is working surprisingly well and getting a very good crowd response. 3+ shows in a city is when they should break out Reach as the opener.

They could of course not open with it and find somewhere else to put it in the set list and do so sooner than later.

I wouldn't complain as it's easily my favorite song on SOI, even though I love the whole album.

OPEN WITH THE OCEAN/11OTT FUCKDAMNIT.

LET'S PARTY LlKE IT'S 1981.

of all the American U2 audiences, I think Boston gets down hardest. saw my first shows there. if not there, it'll definitely show up in Europe.

it should be the show opener. the current Miracle opener is awkward (Bono wandering on e-stage and starting the chant? where's the excitement?). start the show with the lights down and show videos of punk rock icons (focusing on the Clash obviously), then Larry sneaks onstage and starts it, the piano kicks in, Edge shows up for the riff, and then Bono shows up under the sole lightbulb singing. would be dramatic and the crowd would go nuts. plus it's similar to the last few openers where everything happens one by one (Breathe and EBTTRT were like this)

you could play the Miracle second and then do the normal four song couplet after that and everything would work.
the crowd is NOT going to go nuts for TIWYCRMN regardless of where it is inthe set. What you describe would only be good for hardcore fans and not even all of them would like that. It would not work as an opener. The Miracle is better for an opener and there's actually nothing awkward about it. Opening with TIWYCRMN would actually be awkward. especially if you went into The Miracle right after.

3. seriously where is the excitement of the Miracle opening? Bono walks onstage, starts singing, walks all the way to the other stage still singing. band kicks in. no dramatics! Reach has dynamics and would be very dramatic!
Have you seen it live and in person? It's actually really good. The excitement is when Bono walks out and starts singing the house lights are pretty much still on. there's a spotlight going through the crowd and it's pretty light. Then the power cords kick in and the lights go out and the stage lights up. Trust me it's exciting.

Back
Top Bottom