The Wanderer Intermission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Cat Gav

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Just watched The Wanderer Intermission on youtube and was blown away at how good it was. How many nights have they done this and what have they done instead?
I really hope they stick with this throughout Europe.

They started doing this at the first San Jose show. It looks really cool, I hope it sticks around as well. :up:

That's awesome. I wonder why they switched from the punk video. I had a hard time understanding what was being said in them both Vancouver shows.

That's awesome. I wonder why they switched from the punk video. I had a hard time understanding what was being said in them both Vancouver shows.

1-2 of the Vancouver rehearsals played both the Punk & Cash videos. Maybe they will alternate them. The Van2 punk video was 90 seconds shorter than Van1.

IMO, all/most the punk video clips looked like they were sourced from youtube as some still had station watermarked or were from VHS dubs when clean copies still exist.

does everyone remember how Zooropa was sampled in the "questions" video

and then made it's way to the set? wonder if this could happen with the Wanderer....

That is just incredible. I love the song and Johnny Cash, i can't imagine there would be a more emotional part of the show than this for me. And that's saying a lot.

The punk video could've been good if you could understand any of it. I agree, the audio was horrible on it both nights in Vancouver. I couldn't understand a thing on night 1 and on night 2 I tuned out after about 30 seconds cause it was just noise.

To be honest it doesn't even make sense. I get they wanna pay tribute to their influences and no you don't need to sound like The Ramones or Iggy Pop or whoever to be influenced by them but to show that video, then go right into Invisible? :lol:

I did like the bit at the end where someone (?) said "They didn't even listen to the album" and that part repeated. Ha. Relevant to U2's interests.

To be fair, the siren at the end of The Wanderer like in Zooropa was just in San Jose 1. For the 2nd one they cut it. I thought it was awesome with the siren going into Invisible.

Also, on the opening night, after UTEOTW, the screen went yellow with THERE IS NO THEM in white, then went to the punk video. (There was no THERE'S ONLY US)
I believe that if one song needs the lyrics on the screen is Invisible. Like a giant karaoke with them inside. Maybe not the whole song, but the strong words: Grown. Think at all. I'm more than you know. I AM HERE. There is no them. There's only us.

The visuals look great, and any excuse to hear Johnny Cash is a good excuse, but I do wonder what is the point of the intermissions? Does the band suddenly need a toilet break or a diaper change? Have they become that old that they now need that breather halfway during the show?

The visuals look great, and any excuse to hear Johnny Cash is a good excuse, but I do wonder what is the point of the intermissions? Does the band suddenly need a toilet break or a diaper change? Have they become that old that they now need that breather halfway during the show?

Well how long would it take to get drum kit set up inside the screen etc? The length of a song is hardly a breather is it

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well how long would it take to get drum kit set up inside the screen etc? The length of a song is hardly a breather is it

I had row 2 seats for Vancouver by the Zamboni tunnel. The 5 minutes were 2 guys setting Larry's e-stage kit with mics and couple other guys running guitars and Larry's 3rd kit(4th if you count SBS) into the screen.

Morgan had to walk over from the mainstage with 2 basses. Pretty sure Dallas stays in underworld where Edge keeps him leashed up from noon to midnight.

I had row 2 seats for Vancouver by the Zamboni tunnel. The 5 minutes were 2 guys setting Larry's e-stage kit with mics and couple other guys running guitars and Larry's 3rd kit(4th if you count SBS) into the screen.

Morgan had to walk over from the mainstage with 2 basses. Pretty sure Dallas stays in underworld where Edge keeps him leashed up from noon to midnight.

It's interesting to note Larry actually has 5 drum configurations on this tour!

1. Main stage, main set
2. Inside the screen
3. E-stage
4. SBS single drum he wears
5. "The Troubles" drum set

Thought it might take the time to set up the equipment, wonder who the guy handing edge his guitars at the e stage is? An apprentice? Lucky bastard haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom