How can true fans of MYSTERIOUS WAYS......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's fun watching fans fail to admit that the band "phone-in" certain songs with regularity.

I dunno, the band seems to be having fun overall. :shrug: A poster said "they don't care if they screw up" - I see that as being looser this time around (which I think is unequivocally a good thing), rather than "oh, they're just phoning it in and don't give a shit what it sounds like."

The only one I personally am bored with and might argue that the band is bored with is WOWY.... but other people would disagree and say that it sounds great, better than on 360.

But to claim that the band is sick of playing all of these songs is a bit much.

The only one I personally am bored with and might argue that the band is bored with is WOWY.... but other people would disagree and say that it sounds great, better than on 360.

*raises hand* I think WOWY is the best it's been in years, better than 360. IMO the only song the band seemed bored with was Streets. But overall the band seem energized.

I love the fact they have added the little chime before wowy again, and the little noises into bad

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"I don't like the warhorses"
*keeps the most tired warhorse in his shitty setlist"

Kiss The Future, fuck the past! I want my favorite band to play their current stuff or previously abandoned material, not warhorses that everyone expects and they are obviously tired of.

1. Invisible
2 California
3 Soldier
4 Get On YOur Boots
5 Iris
6 Volcano
7 Wolves
8 Electric Co
9 Electrical Storm
10 When I Look At The World

11 Real Thing
12 Elevation
13 Angel of Harlem/ Love Comes To Town
14 Ballroom/ Lucifer
15 Wave album version
16 No Line
17 Unforgettable Fire/ UV
18 Zooropa
19 Boy Fall From The Sky

20 Streets
21 WOwy
22 Troubles

I dunno, the band seems to be having fun overall. :shrug: A poster said "they don't care if they screw up" - I see that as being looser this time around (which I think is unequivocally a good thing), rather than "oh, they're just phoning it in and don't give a shit what it sounds like."

Bono does the first verse at the mic stand(even with a messed up back, pre-back surgery, he didn't do that during early 360 dates), barely bothers hitting any of the high parts(stuff he can do during other I&E songs or during 360 gigs), spends a couple minutes scoping out the front rows for whoever might come onstage in the pair of wildcard song slots, not much eye contact or interaction between band members. Bono only seems to come alive during snippets, the "over to the Edge now" bit and if a fan onstage actually makes use of the opportunity.

Edge doesn't even do the sideways shuffle foot /slide dance anymore.:D

The "fun" the band is having is the 2-way thrill of being inches away from fans seeing them up close for the first time that night and relief after completing all the 1st set "choreography".

I wish the fake fans here would just admit that U2 are on autopilot, bored, going through the motions, broke, and not getting along with each other.

That is the first step to the path of becoming a real fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the fake fans here would just admit that U2 are on autopilot, bored, going through the motions, broke, and not getting along with each other.

That is the first step to the path of becoming a real fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all Leo's fault since he came along you could see the cracks appearing

He's sure been intent on ruining as many solos as possible the last tour or so. On 360 it seemed every extended instrumental section was either cut or featured Bono shouting something or another over the top.

He made damn sure the Meerkat fan got the camera on Edge for the California solo the other night. I thought that was really nice.

I'm as much a fan of the slide solo as the next guy, but MW was honestly a highlight of the shows I saw in LA. Would the solo add to the song? Of course. But the song doesn't automatically suck without it. They're performing it really, really well on this tour.

I'm as much a fan of the slide solo as the next guy, but MW was honestly a highlight of the shows I saw in LA. Would the solo add to the song? Of course. But the song doesn't automatically suck without it. They're performing it really, really well on this tour.

Just stop lying to yourself and we will all be ok!!

By the way edge done his shuffle last night does that mean he is no longer bored?

:heart::heart::heart: this thread! Bottom line is don't take a belly dancer and not do it! I wouldn't know what to do with myself without that part on stage... I mean I'd figure it out...:sexywink: but still it's ridiculous! That said I love everything about your post and all the videos you put up:hug::wave:

I agree, but the difference is Pride still has the appeal, the emotion while Mysterious ways lost its orgasmic passion after ZooTV. It was epic, animal back then.

Agreed that it was best on zoo but disagree in that it still had that animalistic quality on popmart. hasn't really ever been the same since . tho elevation wasn't bad. I mean, it's never bad its always great and my favorite song but certainly something has been lost

By the way edge done his shuffle last night does that mean he is no longer bored?

Unfortunately Edge is the biggest disappointment of the tour by far. Bono´s singing is incredible. I don´t know how he managed such comeback. Adam is THE KING. Larry is solid as always.
Edge makes huge number of mistakes and what is worse he plays like half asleep. Like it´s only a job to do. He looks too satisfied and without real effort. It´s like when Bono recovered his voice a few years ago, Edge felt in this sleepy mode.

Maybe he's actually in a coma from falling off the stage, and it's been an imposter all along! :ohmy:

Unfortunately Edge is the biggest disappointment of the tour by far. Bono´s singing is incredible. I don´t know how he managed such comeback. Adam is THE KING. Larry is solid as always.
Edge makes huge number of mistakes and what is worse he plays like half asleep. Like it´s only a job to do. He looks too satisfied and without real effort. It´s like when Bono recovered his voice a few years ago, Edge felt in this sleepy mode.

So you have been at all the shows to see him make these mistakes? Just wondering like because the vids I have watched he seems pretty stellar, and shines on songs like cederwood and uteotw oh and raised by wolves and Erm Yeo electric co.... Actually unsure what your even on about

Back
Top Bottom