Best/Worst 2 song rotation after Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Right now it looks like the two song spot after M'Ways can make or break your concert going experience. Come up with your BEST and WORST scenario.

BEST: Acrobat - A Sort of Homecoming

WORST: In a Little While - North Star

(I was thinking in terms of be right up there in the GA on the rail. Boots and SUC would still be kinda fun. Nothing sucks the life out of a U2 concert like IALW especially if Bono's speechifies about Joey Ramone on his deathbed, North Star is like pouring vinegar into an open wound at that point.)

Best: One Tree Hill / A Sort of Homecoming

Should go without saying, really. These songs need to be played.

Worst: In a Little While / Stuck in a Moment

There are worse U2 songs. However, most worse songs I would be genuinely surprised to hear - sure, Red Light blows, but I'd be stunned if it were performed and it could be fun live. Babyface is a dreadful creepy song, but it hasn't been done in over two decades. Ordinary Love hasn't had previous tours to completely wear out its welcome. Elevation, All Because of You, Boots, and the like are dumb songs but you can jump around and have a bit of fun. Love Rescue Me is as boring as watching paint dry, but it would be a boring surprise. These two, however? They're awful, plodding songs that both give Bono an excuse to prattle on forever and have already been performed far too many times on recent tours. I have no desire to ever hear either of them live again.

Now, if we were assuming that the surprise of shithouse rarities had long worn off by a certain concert, then the worst possible rotation would probably be A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel / Elvis Ate America.

From a wish list or NOT perspective:
Best: God Part II / Mofo
Worst: Red Light / Electrical Storm

From an actual 'what they have done perspective:
Best: When Love Comes To Town / Angel of Harlem
Worst: Stuck (piano version) / Elevation

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Worst: Blurred Lines (cover) / Grace

Best: Mofo / Lemon

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Best: Miami / Dirty Day
Worst: You Oughta Know / Zombie

These cover songs would be much better than Stuck and IALW.

WORST: People Get Ready ( with 8 snippets) - People Get Ready (featuring red zone fan that Has Tourette's )

Best - The Crystal Ballroom - Discotheque

That would keep the party going and bring it higher

Worst - anything acoustic. U2 deciding that acoustic performances (incl. voice + piano) are among the worst ideas that they've ever had, and the only bad idea that they've stuck with beyond one album.

Best: Hawkmoon/Staring At The Sun (makes sense for Summer Tour)

Worst: Peace On Earth / Stand Up Comedy

Best: One Tree Hill / A Sort of Homecoming

That would be amazing. ASOH is in my top 10 U2 songs and I'd love for them to play it, but only if Bono could do it justice, and I don't think he could. His voice is at its best since 1995 but I don't think that song is within his range, nor do I think he has the power to sing it properly. They've been proving me wrong about them since Invisible came out though, and I hope they play that song and do it again.

Playing Stand Up Comedy is the worst thing that could do, including setting off an atomic bomb.

Worst - anything acoustic. U2 deciding that acoustic performances (incl. voice + piano) are among the worst ideas that they've ever had, and the only bad idea that they've stuck with beyond one album.

Perfect followup to Mysterious Ways. The crowd was so fired up after Mysterious Ways and then we went into.....Sweetest Thing :huh:

Invisible
Real Thing (Start of 90's set/experience)
Mysterious Ways
Crystal Ball Room
Discotheque
Stay (Acoustic)
Every Breaking Wave (Full Band/Wave Effects on Screen & band making it back to the main stage)

Best: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Drowning Man snippet) - Exit (Gloria snippet)
Worst: In A Little While - Stuck

(I'm sick of Mysterious Ways. Great live song, but the current live versions are uninspired and dreadful)

These cover songs would be much better than Stuck and IALW.

WORST: People Get Ready ( with 8 snippets) - People Get Ready (featuring red zone fan that Has Tourette's )

Worst: Daydream Believer (Edge Karaoke) / Macarena (Edge Karaoke)

Both TRUE :up:

Best: Discotheque / Bad

Worst: Elevation / Stuck

Although some of the variations kind of suck, it doesn't help that Every Breaking Wave follows them. What a boring song to showcase the 'e' stage. We need good Bono/Edge acoustic sing-a-long songs like Staring at the Sun, Please, Horses...heck even A Man and a Woman is liable to pump up the crowd more.

Wrecking Ball (cover f/ Amp on a swinging Wrecking Ball, naked from the turban down)

tumblr_m8wpq4HreR1rxbr47o1_250_zpssopqdi2p.gif

Back
Top Bottom