Nov 2, 2015 - London, UK - O2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See you there dear neighbors! Crossing the canal from the Netherlands. :wave:

Hi guys & gals :wave:

I am travelling from Australia to see my favorite band. As I'm doing shows back-to back, I'd like to stay in an apartment in North Greenwich, close to the O2 arena. This will make the whole GA experience easier, if I decide to spend a lot of time in the GA line. With a bed & shower close by, washing machine (great for travelers), & I won't have to deal with the masses of people squeezing on to public transport after the shows.

I have one, or possibly two friends that will be seeing a show, so would like to spend a night or two close to the arena. I've also met another Aussie on Interference, who will be attending shows in London, & would like to meet other fans, & stay in an apartment close to the arena.

I travelled to the US for 360. Met a few fans on Interference forum, & did a road trip with them. Around the western US, to four shows. Never met them before! Had an unbelievable experience, with life-long memories, & made life-long friends!

I am looking at organizing an apartment for 3 nights. These are the nights of November 1, 2 & 3. So it would be great for London 5 & 6. The accommodation near the arena looks quite nice, modern apartments, some with views of the Canary Wharf skyline & the dome.

If you'd also like to meet other fans, make the whole show experience more enjoyable (particularly those that will spend time in the GA line), & reduce the costs of staying in London, one of the most expensive cities in the world, then reply to this thread or PM me. The more the merrier! We won't pack people in, everyone will have a bed, but if we get a few more people, then we can spend a little more, get a nicer apartment close by, & make the whole London experience more enjoyable!

post-359255-0-73313800-1438196303.jpg

i'd love to if you have a spare space on night 6? :) I would join you all for night 5 but possibly seeing that one with my Dad so will head back with him. Made a very similar post to yours, but no bites, so I hope you're more successful. airbnb right near the O2 can be pretty reasonable once split between a few people!

Hey D Darroch. Your PM box is full! We can't send you any messages.

Just saw your apartment sharing idea, and I'm more than interested. All the hotels in the area are wicked expensive. So I was opting for sleeping on the GA for one night and having a hotel the night after the gig.

Now you posted your apartment sharing idea.
I'm curious about the details, and would like to join you.
I'll be there from Nov 1 to 3.

Cheers. Love that you are coming over to Europe.
If you ever need a place to stay in ther Netherlands you know who to ask. :hi5:

i'd love to if you have a spare space on night 6? :) I would join you all for night 5 but possibly seeing that one with my Dad so will head back with him. Made a very similar post to yours, but no bites, so I hope you're more successful. airbnb right near the O2 can be pretty reasonable once split between a few people!

Hi Gareth, sounds great. I'll PM you my details, once I clean out my inbox (sorry domo-kun :rolleyes:)

Hey D Darroch. Your PM box is full! We can't send you any messages.

Just saw your apartment sharing idea, and I'm more than interested. All the hotels in the area are wicked expensive. So I was opting for sleeping on the GA for one night and having a hotel the night after the gig.

Now you posted your apartment sharing idea.
I'm curious about the details, and would like to join you.
I'll be there from Nov 1 to 3.

Cheers. Love that you are coming over to Europe.
If you ever need a place to stay in ther Netherlands you know who to ask. :hi5:

Great to hear from you DK, this is exciting! I send you my contact details now, as that inbox keeps filling up :p

So popular :giggle: I shall continue by mail to keep your inbox clean.

:wave:I`m going to the final night show on 3rd Nov but will be getting the train straight after the show back to Leicester. Think my last train is 0015 from St Pancras. i`ll see you there. Got nose bleed seat though for this show but will be nice to see a different perspective.

Leicester :rockon:
Pam! Will be nice to see you there! I'll shoot you a message via facebook a few days in front? Nosebleeds or not. Who cares. :up: Also, getting the train back home is so much better than trying to find a hotel :uhoh: Too bad the eurostar sucks for me ;) I opted for a plane ticket to London City airport since it cost me just as much.

Who would like to join us? We've just about filled up our apartment, with U2 addicts from Blue Crack, @u2 forums, Zootopians & U2Start. We're a cosmopolitan bunch, from all corners of the globe. Who would like to make these shows a communal experience you'll never forget, making friendships & memories with other fans who understand & share your obsession for all things U2?

As Greenwich Peninsula is undergoing a vast amount of construction (with multiple large construction sites spread across it's area), a large proportion of rentals will be effected by construction noise. Particularly those in the City Peninsula building (which is a large proportion of the rentals offered on airbnb). There are plenty of apartments on airbnb, advertising beautiful views, which will now have horrible views straight into a towering construction site, & all the noise associated with it.

We've managed to find an apartment away from the major construction sites, which is close to the O2 Arena (just a short 10 minute walk through parkland). This apartment offers views of Canary Wharf & the Dome (from the living area & all bedrooms I believe), & will have very little issues with construction noise. This is a luxury 3 bedroom apartment, with 2 bathrooms, & all the mod-cons. Free wifi & a washer/dryer may be particularly useful for travellers. There's also free secure underground parking, which could come in very handy. Why pay £20 for event parking, when you can stay with us for just about the same cost as parking!

A place with us will cost around £25 - £35 a night (depending on the room). The apartment is booked for 3 nights, checking in on Sunday 1st of November, checking out on the 4th. So it's ideal for London 5 & 6, or those who would like to stay in London for a few days before / after their show. We still have room for a couple of people each night (singles or couples), but no more than that. So be quick!

This will be home for us during our stay.

Bed%201.jpg

Bed%201ensuite_1.jpg

Bed%202.jpg

Bunk%20room%202.jpg

Family%20Bathroom.jpg

Living%20area.jpg

Views.jpg

Views%202.jpg

Anyone who is interested in joining us for 1, 2 or 3 nights, just fire off a PM to me. I hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom