Why is the band so quiet leading up to opening night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno, it is very weird. After they finished the album, every step they made was a mistake after mistake, disaster after disaster. The bike accident was the last nail to the coffin. I start to think their expectation were very high, but now they are very depressed and frustrated. So, I wonder how it will the first gigs feel like for them.

So you're the band's personal psychological adviser now because you know so well how they feel? That's interested. Please keep us updated on their state of mind.

Nothing they did was a misstep. Sure there was backlash over the release but that was the minority just making noise and bitching like a bunch of whiners. Their promotional tour in Europe was really good and the 5 nights on Fallon would've been great. The only true "misstep" was Bono's bike accident which seemed to be the band's cue to give up on any and all promotion for the album and tour.

Wait what? They had a promotional tour in Europe? When did that happen?

The promotional tour was actually great :up: Shame they didn't make it to the US, but it's not like Bono jumped off that bicycle on purpose.

Get the feeling things may start to ramp up pretty quickly

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wait what? They had a promotional tour in Europe? When did that happen?

Huh? They did their most extensive European album promo tour ever in 2014. European gigs (counting all events at which songs were performed, but no interview-only appearances):

ATYCLB: nine promo performances.
HTDAAB: four.
NLOTH: nine.
SOI: eleven.

If you remove a couple of tenuous ones (a couple of shoots in Dublin/London for broadcasts that weren't Europe-specific) from SOI and knock it down to nine, it's level with ATYCLB and NLOTH, but if you're being fair in removing tenuous ones then you'd remove one or two from ATYCLB and NLOTH as well, keeping SOI ahead.

So you're the band's personal psychological adviser now because you know so well how they feel? That's interested. Please keep us updated on their state of mind.

url]

Sent from my ass crack

Huh? They did their most extensive European album promo tour ever in 2014. European gigs (counting all events at which songs were performed, but no interview-only appearances):

ATYCLB: nine promo performances.
HTDAAB: four.
NLOTH: nine.
SOI: eleven.

If you remove a couple of tenuous ones (a couple of shoots in Dublin/London for broadcasts that weren't Europe-specific) from SOI and knock it down to nine, it's level with ATYCLB and NLOTH, but if you're being fair in removing tenuous ones then you'd remove one or two from ATYCLB and NLOTH as well, keeping SOI ahead.

:lol: Shit I did miss it completely then. I had no idea they actually promoted the album here.

They always focus on the new material while they go on tour. This is why they tour. They were quite disappointed with the poor perception of NLOTH, but they figured out later that everything was not okay with that record. But this time it can feel much more bitter, because they made a perfect album they strogly believe in, but the public reaction isn´t any better. I didn´t state they are devastated, I only assume they cannot feel good, after all the effort they put into the album, given the fact most of people don´t care for it. I think they know that on tour the response of the majority of the crowd on the new material can be problematic...

It was just a thought. Isn´t it something a forum is made for?

Right, but you're making assumptions about how they could possibly be feeling and/or their emotional state when you couldn't possibly know. You're making it sound like the members of the band have spoken personally with you about it and it's getting old...fast. Yes, this is a forum, but you're the only one who is making these claims.

Well given the acoustic versions of EBW and Miracle are enough to put anybody to sleep ... :wink:
Figures I wasn't paying much attention after the album drop, but I didn't expect to have missed this much! :lol:

Talk shows. Everyone saw it, everyone knows what I mean. Don't act like you don't. :rolleyes:

Actually, I honestly don't recall seeing anything. I don't watch any talk shows. I vaguely recall reading they were going to be on Graham Norton but never bothered to check when it was aired. Guess it comes with not feeling the hype, I didn't post much on here for a while as well while the entire forum collectively drooled over the new record. So it was probably around that time I reckon this must've happened. Plus they never promoted anything in my country, had they done that I would've known.

Right, but you're making assumptions about how they could possibly be feeling and/or their emotional state when you couldn't possibly know. You're making it sound like the members of the band have spoken personally with you about it and it's getting old...fast. Yes, this is a forum, but you're the only one who is making these claims.

Sorry, that I didn´t try harder to be the same like anybody else :)

Anyway, only when the tour starts we will get the real answers...

No, sweetie. People aren't asking you to be the same as everyone else. People are asking you to stop speaking like you know exactly what the band wants or what they meant by some statement.

They're quiet because they've made an embarrassing new album and are unsure if Bono is going to be tour-ready in a few weeks. It's the moment they've realized they're to the 10s what The Stones were to the 90s, irrelevant dad-rock tour for the almighty dollar. :up:

They're quiet because they've made an embarrassing new album and are unsure if Bono is going to be tour-ready in a few weeks. It's the moment they've realized they're to the 10s what The Stones were to the 90s, irrelevant dad-rock tour for the almighty dollar. :up:

as6lt05sluhpcizqgkbl_zpsuafabdpq.gif

Speaking of trying too hard...

Anyway, only when the tour starts we will get the real answers...

It's so frustrating, it makes your skin crawl

It's like watching Luis Suarez claim that the victims were partially to blame for him biting them.

It's so frustrating, it makes your skin crawl

It's like watching Luis Suarez claim that the victims were partially to blame for him biting them.

Any reference to Suarez and biting is good with me!!!!

No, sweetie. People aren't asking you to be the same as everyone else. People are asking you to stop speaking like you know exactly what the band wants or what they meant by some statement.

It was only a thought about what can perhps going through their minds when preparing the tour after all what happened since the release of the album. Nothing more. If you add any other meanings to it, I can´t be responsible for that :)

Back
Top Bottom