Why...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tax write-offs for the HBO special. So many American TV shows film in Vancouver for the exact same reason X-Files, Bates Motel, The Returned (American version)

Hey how about you contribute to the guys post/thread rather than trying so hard to be an asshole. I read your original post in here and was genuinely trying to think of reasons why they chose Vancouver but then I read that you're just trying to make a point and ridicule another member of the forum(seems to be your MO lately) so I thought nah fuck that. I'm not answering his question. Instead I'll make a point. Mission accomplished.

OK, legit though.

What is this HBO special?

As well, Vancouver isn't well known for its poutine, not like Quebec.

It's all about the Japadogs, dude.

:D

The NY Times article mentioned that a film crew was on hand during rehearsals for what will apparently be an HBO documentary. I'm thinking it will follow them throughout the tour and be released next year as a means of promoting the move to outdoor stadiums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

The NY Times article mentioned that a film crew was on hand during rehearsals for what will apparently be an HBO documentary. I'm thinking it will follow them throughout the tour and be released next year as a means of promoting the move to outdoor stadiums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

That would be awesome. I'm thinking its maybe more of a one off 1 or 2 hour special. I like your idea much better though especially if it became a series ala the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways thing. Obviously focusing on the tour though than the album process.

The tour is starting in Vancouver because they wanted to make it easy for me to get to a tour opener for the first time. Because they love me dearly. ;)

Vancouver for ease of access, It's a major hub. Lots of Arena's and stadiums to rent to rehearse, and the canadian dollar currently sucks. As for your itty bitty thread title; I think it is cute and love it!

The tour is starting in Vancouver because they wanted to make it easy for me to get to a tour opener for the first time. Because they love me dearly. ;)

I actually talked to Bono and this was in fact the reason. I didn't wanna say earlier though cause I didn't want everyone knowing I hve a direct line of communication with Bono.

Aren't there tax benefits for setting up shop and rehearsing outside of the US. IIRC, U2 got hosed during Popmart and Elevation production rehearsals (Las Vegas and Miami, respectively). They also rehearsed in Vancouver for the vertigo tour, didn't they? Also, I seem to recall they had a rehearsal space near San Diego across the Mexican border. Amirite?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow - what has come of this place - Sicy would have locked this shit down long ago - what a waste of time.

Need this tour to start, no?

Sicy?

Totally agree ouizy. I'm sure there are people that have stopped visiting here because of this stuff, I'm spending more time elsewhere.

Bring on the tour!

numbfeet_8571.jpg

Edge Says "Don't Ask"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom