Who's going to cry, then?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiralStaircase

War Child
Cos I reckon I will. When I joined here I said I'd always contrived to miss the band due to lack of funds or, y'know, life taking me other directions. But by the time next October rolls around I'll have been listening to them for 30 years. And I don't know how I'm going to get through the gigs without blubbing at least once. I don't mean "something in my eye" I mean "in floods".

So many songs have the potential to do it...but especially "40", my brother died last January and it was my job to pick a couple of songs for his funeral, so I picked a Metallica for him, cos they were his faves, and "40" for me, cos it seemed the right song. So if U2 play that on either night - at the O2, where my brother saw Metallica in 2008 - I'm just going to BUST, I think. But I think, so let it be.

So - anyone else had a proper sob at a U2 gig? What song set you off? :D

I'm already sobbing realizing I will finally see U2. That said, Streets will probably be so overwhelming, I can't even imagine that many emotions going through me at once.

To my surprise the bridge in Walk On made me cry at 360. It was the first time I heard Walk On live (I was 12 during Elevation) and my early memories of discovering U2 came flooding back. I actually complained about it being in the set before that.
Now I've realised it's one of my favourite U2 songs.

Hearing Boy Falls From the Sky in Coimbra made me tear up as well. Very special moment.
And, of course, my first U2 gig ever, Dublin '05. When Adam started New Year's Day I was just blown away with emotion.

If (I'm worried they won't) they play Invisible, that'll probably get me this time around.

My strongest emotional reactions ive ever had was when Bruce played Jungleland in 2012 for the first time since the death of Clarence Clemons.

It was reeeaallly emotional for everyone there.

Not at a U2 gig though :D

With our Without You allways gets me going though.

I cry at every show. I flat out BAWLED the first time I saw Streets live. Vertigo Pittsburgh and I was 8 1/2 months preggers with my first child. The CHILLS that song is responsible for...to this day I cant handle it live without getting teary-eyed.

I also cried when Bad was played on Pittsburgh 360. It was just stunning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

My strongest emotional reactions ive ever had was when Bruce played Jungleland in 2012 for the first time since the death of Clarence Clemons.

It was reeeaallly emotional for everyone there.

Is that where his nephew played the sax solo? I've seen that on YooToob and even on there it made me all chopping onions. I :heart: Jungleland.

I think some people are crying already... they never got GA's.

giphy.gif

:sexywink:

Is that where his nephew played the sax solo? I've seen that on YooToob and even on there it made me all chopping onions. I :heart: Jungleland.

Aye it is, it was a very emotional night as it was in Ullevi, Gothenburg (sacred place for Bruce fans). Were he played songs like Frankie, Where the Bands are, Lost in the Flood, Backstreets etc. No one expected Jungleland to be played ever again pretty much, you could almost feel the whole stadium crying during the fiddle intro and the sax solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOOg9uljxns

I'm sure I will shed a tear or two. Being a fan for 25+ years they still tug at me when I see them again.

My eyes got a bit watery during Streets at my first U2 show. Just hearing the organ start and seeing the red lights turning on, covering The Claw. The buildup is incredible.

I think some people are crying already... they never got GA's.

I got misty eyed today when I was handed my tix at the Ticketmaster retail outlet. So much easier to buy in person. Saved me hours of stress. (Got the cheap $30 nosebleeds but at least I'm going!!!!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok I admit I got a bit choked up at hearing the opening notes of Bad on the 360 Tour. Really didn't believe I'd ever hear it live. :heart:

Oh and of course as the band was waving goodbye in Moncton, last show of 360 Tour. Definite tears there. :reject:

I cried when we first got Bad on 360. First performance of that song on the tour, it was just bloody magical. I lost it when Dallas brought out the black strat already.

My eyes got a bit watery during Streets at my first U2 show. Just hearing the organ start and seeing the red lights turning on, covering The Claw. The buildup is incredible.

Streets is always very moving, especially with the Amazing Grace intro they played on some of the 360 shows.

Cried when they played Kite at my first ever U2 show. My Dad had died earlier that year and ATYCLB helped get me through.

Cried when they played AIWIY in Seattle because I wasn't expecting it and it's one of my favorite songs, ever.

If they play ASOH on this tour I will bawl.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom