Which Arenas/Stadiums if there is a 2016...??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gavin82

The Fly
As per the title IF we get a 2016 leg what country's Arenas OR Stadiums would you like...???! For me its S.America in the River Plate stadium would love that then 2 more shows in EU.

As far as North American, it'll definitely be arenas. I don't think they'd sell out stadiums at this time. Here's a list of NA cities they COULD play. They won't play all of these, obviously. It'll depend on how many single night stands they want to do.

Seattle (possible 2 nights)
Portland
SLC
Los Angeles x2
San Diego x2
Las Vegas x2
Dallas (possibly x2)
Houston (possibily x2)
Tulsa or OK City
Nashville
Atlanta x2
Miami x2
Tampa
Washington D.C. x2
Philadelphia x2
NYC (not MSG, probably Prudential Center or Barclays Center, 2 shows if not more)
Hartford
Upstate NY (Buffalo or Albany)
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Cleveland
Louisville/Cincinnati/Indianapolis triangle
St. Louis
Kansas City / Omaha / Lincoln / Des Moines
Milwaukee
Minneapolis

Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Toronto x2
Ottawa
Quebec City

Mexico City x4 (Could also be lumped in with Latin America, which might require stadiums.)

The thing is, we have literally NO IDEA what's next, for the first time since September 2014. I seriously doubt the tour is over, but I don't think we'll hear much from the U2 organization until after the new year begins.

It'll be a cold day in hell before U2 plays NYC without playing Madison Square "Gardens"

Barclays and Prudential are both managed by AEG. Not that U2 would never play an AEG managed arena, but they won't give them preferential treatment over an arena owned by a former Live Nation board member.

Last edited:
It'll be a cold day in hell before U2 plays NYC without playing Madison Square "Gardens"

Right, plus have they ever even played at The Rock?

Also, I don't get why acrobat thinks they won't sell out stadiums if they went that route. The previous tour was a stadium tour and it did pretty well to say the least.

They seemed to have trouble filling some of the arena shows they did in the US. The 5th shows in Chicago and Los Angeles had lots of tickets available even a few days before the show. The 2 shows in Denver had roughly 8,000 unsold tickets between both of them. I'm not sure why you think they WOULD sell out stadiums in the US? I'm sure they could in New York, Chicago, etc. But if they can't sell more than 28,000 tickets in Denver, that kind of paints a negative picture for other second tier markets.

Maybe they will play MSG? I guess I just assumed since they played 8 shows there last year, they might play somewhere else in NYC area. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever.

I would think those 5th arena show tickets would be a tough sell in some cities, considering by then, most folks in the area who would want to go, probably already have tickets. But in 2011, U2 played one stadium show in Denver and it sold out. I doubt they'd try to book 5 stadium shows in Denver. As a matter of fact, with an average of 1 show in North America per city, they sold out EVERY show. Even the few cities that were 2 shows, sold out.

I would think those 5th arena show tickets would be a tough sell in some cities, considering by then, most folks in the area who would want to go, probably already have tickets. But in 2011, U2 played one stadium show in Denver and it sold out. I doubt they'd try to book 5 stadium shows in Denver. As a matter of fact, with an average of 1 show in North America per city, they sold out EVERY show. Even the few cities that were 2 shows, sold out.

That one stadium show in Denver that soldout in 2011 on 360 tour, soldout at 79,000 tickets sold. On the previous stop in Denver this year, they only sold 28,000 tickets over two nights in the arena leaving 8,000 ticket unsold. That shows the demand is not there for stadiums in the United States.

I have a feeling the band want to complete Songs Of Experience and release it before they tour again. They could certainly continue the tour into 2016 without finishing Songs Of Experience, but they won't have the momentum that a new album could bring to the tour.

That one stadium show in Denver that soldout in 2011 on 360 tour, soldout at 79,000 tickets sold. On the previous stop in Denver this year, they only sold 28,000 tickets over two nights in the arena leaving 8,000 ticket unsold. That shows the demand is not there for stadiums in the United States.

Your information is incorrect. Every show on the tour was sold out.

Your information is incorrect. Every show on the tour was sold out.

No, U2Larry54 is correct. U2 sold 36,000 tickets over 2 nights at the Pepsi Center in 2005. Fast Forward 10 years later, they only sold 28,000 tickets, 2 nights, same arena. At both nights, both ends of the upper deck were curtained off, and people who bought those cheap seats were re-assigned to better, unsold seats. There are photos of long lines of people waiting to get their reassigned seats. There are also photos that show the curtained off areas of the arena for both nights.

This isn't unprecedented, even by U2. A handful of shows on the Elevation Tour had the seats behind the stage curtained off due to slow sales, including 2 shows I attended in Indianapolis and Columbus. I've seen Springsteen, Coldplay, Muse, Kings of Leon, and many others have curtained off sections at concerts due to not being able to fill the entire venue. Not really a big deal, it's a pretty common practice in the industry... but it's just not common for U2.

Id love to do Stockholm next year OR any where up that way ive never been so im all up for that.

Ive never been Prague either they have an O2 Arena id go over that way as well.

I would be surprised if they passed over the Anahiem Pond (or whatever it's called this week) arena in SoCal on the next leg of the tour if it happens considering they played and sold out multiple dats there in '01 and '05 as well as playing 2 stadium show at the nearby Anaheim Stadium in '11.

So I guess one can look at Adele's just announced dates to know when U2 WON'T be playing a particular city, especially those from September on if the present rumors of a fall return to N. America hold. <erases pencil hold on 2nd half of September>

I think partially, yes. Although what I also meant is that they can't both be in the same arenas at the same time.

I would be surprised if they passed over the Anahiem Pond (or whatever it's called this week) arena in SoCal on the next leg of the tour if it happens considering they played and sold out multiple dats there in '01 and '05 as well as playing 2 stadium show at the nearby Anaheim Stadium in '11.

Well they ground to a halt after putting on sale 5 shows some of which struggled to fill up or sellout. They had originally planned to 8 shows but had to stop at 5. I think they would be better off playing San Diego, Las Vegas, and Sacramento instead of returning to LA and San Francisco areas.

Plus, U2 has not been in Texas now since 2009. In 2016 that will be 7 years. Longest they have ever been outside of Texas in their career to date.

Plus, U2 has not been in Texas now since 2009. In 2016 that will be 7 years. Longest they have ever been outside of Texas in their career to date.

And Texas wants them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Rumour mill is up again. Couple concerts websites saying U2 will come to Brasil in November/16.

Makes sense...

USA in september, and then heading Latin America.

Rumour also says that they'll gonna play in "Arena Palmeiras (Allianz Parque)".

o-palmeiras-nao-tem-canteiro-de-obras-isso-significa-que-a-wtorre-nao-conseguia-fazer-obras-em-todos-os-setores-ao-mesmo-tempo-muitas-vezes-os-lugares-serviam-para-que-pecas-caminhoes-e-1400264969300_956x500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom