Where to stand in GA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any spot is good. And any spot has its downside. That's the advantage and disadvantage if this stage. If you're not quite sure what you'll like, try different spots if you attend several shows. Or walk around if the GA area is not too crowded.

I've been right at the front for quite a few gigs, but never U2 - just curious as to what the atmosphere is like? I know it probably varies dependant on the crowd and location, but are the GA fans generally good natured? :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Generally yes they are good naturedd- you will always get the odd rock ape wherever you are

As for atmosphere it depends- in southern Europe the audiences tend to be crazier than in northern Europe (although Amsterdam was the exception to that)

I'm curious to see how it plays in london

Generally yes they are good naturedd- you will always get the odd rock ape wherever you are

As for atmosphere it depends- in southern Europe the audiences tend to be crazier than in northern Europe (although Amsterdam was the exception to that)

I'm curious to see how it plays in london

Lol "rock ape", I know just what you mean! Thanks for replying :) I was just curious, as I'm considering being brave, buying a single GA, and going with the flow! :D The most passionate U2 crowd I've ever witnessed was at Slane, they were incredible. We were located at the side, with a barrier to lean on, however, so we had a more cozy time of it! :D I guess the beauty of GA is that you can always move if somebody is being an idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Been to four shows and stood near the front, the E-stage and at the catwalk. Like people have said, every spot has it's advantages and disadvantages. There's no perfect spot.

First 5-10 rows up front mean you won't be seeing Bono up close a lot of the time as he's constantly walking around. The e-stage will be hard to see as well. But the full band is usually glued to the main stage for the opening and closing 4 songs and being up front for those is :drool:

E-Stage is more loose and fun and you also get a few solo Bono moments. Bono might also pick you out if you can play guitar or are a pretty girl. This is is probably the best spot if you can manage to position yourself in such a way that you can get a good view of the main stage as well via the catwalk. I've never managed that though as these seem to be the most popular spots to line up for.

Middle catwalk is great if you're tall; you can hang back a bit and get the best of both worlds along with the screen. If you're short, aim for the rail and be prepared to miss the screen as well as a few songs.

Don't stress too much about it as there's no terrible spots unless you're short and stuck right at the back.

As far as I can see from photos there are no screens that follow the band around - the only screen is the big one in the middle which will often show effects?

As far as I can see from photos there are no screens that follow the band around - the only screen is the big one in the middle which will often show effects?

It mostly shows effects, but does show the band at times

one of the good things about the last 2 U2 tours has been that if you cannot get a good view at least you can always resort to watching the screens

been a big frustration of mine at other gigs where they do not do this - shame.

Back
Top Bottom