Whats your expectations of the paris shows..??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gavin82

The Fly
Ok so being the last 2 shows as we know & also after what happened other week & with this being filmed for HBO tnese are bound to be outstanding shows...!!!!

What you people think...???!!

setlists full of rarities, debuts, and special guests with kinda different backgroud (like Hard rock, Country, Prog Rock, and Jazz Fusion).

Same setlist as first two, but with Bad/40 or Bad/One to close. Bad was at 3/4 Dublin shows, so I'm taking that as a sign.

Otherwise, they'll be playing the hearts out Super Bowl / Post-9/11 MSG style.

This, I expect Raised By Wolves to have additional footage of Paris and perhaps include the victims of this attack to the original list.

Nah I don't see that changing. Only changes I can imagine are in the second set, likely around the e stage and/or the last encore.

They should play an Eagles of Death Metal song, but they won't.

Edit - or maybe they will :hmm:

Aw that will be amazing...!!!!

Yeah. It will be v emotional for all concerned at the show - the bands, the crews and the fans even I'm sure those who work at Bercy. I'm sure the audience will loudly welcome EODM on stage as it will be a very symbolic act of defiance and hope it helps EODM a bit too.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The kind of expectations for the shows in Paris?

Well I think U2 will want to play the usual tunes inc those from the last album but also play just a few surprises like Acrobat or some cover song or two that suits the occasion as the gigs are bound to be compared to the New York shows that occurred after 9/11 which we all know about. At the end of the day I'm sure U2 will come up with something to surprise us or something that make us think yes that's a great gig!

guessing it will be really moving and special... a friend of mine is going (lucky b!tch), but i just hope there is a good mixlr so i can snivel over my keyboard at least :D

So is the EODM appearance going not going to be on the tv broadcast?

Unlikely, as they are scheduled to appear on Sunday's show.

My expectation is to be really fucking tired at work Tuesday morning, since I'll be up until 11:30 having people over to watch it.

Very excited about eodm joining on stage. I am a huge fan of Queens of the stone age, so very cool that Joshua homme is going to be part as well.

I think it can be part of broadcast since it's not airing live. They could use part from each show if needed, but certainly no reason they can't use footage from Sunday night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

Very excited about eodm joining on stage. I am a huge fan of Queens of the stone age, so very cool that Joshua homme is going to be part as well.

I think it can be part of broadcast since it's not airing live. They could use part from each show if needed, but certainly no reason they can't use footage from Sunday night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope so. Would be a great way to end the concert on tv

Since Eagles of Death Metal were the inspiration for Get On Your Boots sound, I'm anticipating that it will make its highly anticipated your debut.

They won't drop slot 2 again. Maybe a cover song or two.

So EODM are NOT appearing tonight according to u2.com but they do have another "special guest", money is on patti smith really and bit of a let down after the EODM news broke.........

Back
Top Bottom